• Marco Rubio

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 24 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the turn of events turn peaceful, I'm just glad that I decided not to move out so I can communicate with my parents on my work commute. I'll see soon enough tomorrow if the aura has become peaceful or not.

I presume all will be pretty normal and business as usual, until the first policies (local and international) will be unleashed. Luckily and hopefully there is a fully functional democratic process that a president on his own cannot crush. That does not work well on Trumps temperament........one has to see how that is going to work out.............

Forgive me for being blunt but isn't Fear-mongering the foundation of this election?
No kidding, the most scared of all voted for the Trump. I guess, their fear was justified but ours isn't. ;)

I presume all will be pretty normal and business as usual, until the first policies (local and international) will be unleashed. Luckily and hopefully there is a fully functional democratic process that a president on his own cannot crush. That does not work well on Trumps temperament........one has to see how that is going to work out.............
Interesting will be the dynamics of Trump versus Senate and the House, and the true Conservatives. We know he is very charismatic and persuasive with the Masses, but not so much with intellectuals and politicians.
"Leader of opposition, you are fired!"

All the obvious, tell tale signs of insults, arrogance, vulgarity and inconsistency are gladly embraced by just over half the American public as appropriate and the way forward. Very interesting times for the US of A (and the world of course). Lets watch the drama unfold to new heights in the years to come. Many many more episode to follow................my feeling is they will not be pleasant ones, how I wish I am very wrong................time will tell.

Obama won last elections on a false promise 'yes we can'.
Now there is a new false promise 'make America great again'.

That these false promises work shows how traditional politics fails.
In Europe it is even worse than in the US.

We need a new kind of leaders, away from traditional politics.

futures are down 700 points
it will be interesting to see how Wall Street reacts coming few days

"Leader of opposition, you are fired!"

Exactly, however he 'might' have much more opposition within his own party, which he might not find so amusing, how would one deal with that? but this is all too early to speculate although characteristics are obvious and everyone knows about. One has to wait and see. More and more with foreign policies.....

All the Hispanic guys at my dorm have already packed their bags and said their goodbyes :)

futures are down 700 points
it will be interesting to see how Wall Street reacts coming few days
It will be a big sell off, perhaps a reason for market correction. It is more like an event of self fulfilling prophecy. Market expects a correction on Trump win and Market will get it. This is usually short lived and market comes back to previous levels in a short while. The big problem will start down the road if Trump messes up economy and the international trade. This will cause a real market tumble.

All the Hispanic guys at my dorm have already packed their bags and said their goodbyes :)

So all of them are illegals or what? By the way, 30% of Hispanics actually voted for Trump.

No kidding, the most scared of all voted for the Trump. I guess, their fear was justified but ours isn't. ;)
Indeed, besides that the new president will be totally impuls driven, this may be a set back for the US-European cooperation. Already in the eighties Trump wanted to turn back NATO (let them pay their own defense, we pay too much etc). And Trump is an obvious Putin fan. So the Balticum and Ukraine will be the first test cases. So Pyrrhus victory Tomenable....

@Lebrok,

I voted for Trump because of his strong leader traits, I was tired of New York Times, Saturday Nigh Life, etc. making fun of him, his supporters, and the ridiciooulos accusations made against him by the left. I know he's a terrible person. I don't know much about his policies. I think a lot of people voted for Trump for similar reasons.

It will be a big sell off, perhaps a reason for market correction. It is more like an event of self fulfilling prophecy. Market expects a correction on Trump win and Market will get it. This is usually short lived and market comes back to previous levels in a short while. The big problem will start down the road if Trump messes up economy and the international trade. This will cause a real market tumble.

I've learned not to try and predict the future.
It is hard enough to understand what's happening in the present.

@Lebrok,

I voted for Trump because of his strong leader traits, I was tired of New York Times, Saturday Nigh Life, etc. making fun of him, his supporters, and the ridiciooulos accusations made against him by the left. I know he's a terrible person. I don't know much about his policies. I think a lot of people voted for Trump for similar reasons.

That is the worst mistake the democrats made.
Ridiculizing Trump and his supporters.
They are so arrogant and so much establishment.
Now they are being presented the bill for that.

@Lebrok,

That explains many things. "A terrible person, know nothing about his policies, but with strong leader traits", and the vote of course counts as much as any other. A new accepted world order......History going round in circles..........Lets applaud this mentality if the world becomes a better place, but anyone taking responsible if it gets worse? I doubt it. Lets wait and see.......

That explains many things. "A terrible person, know nothing about his policies, but with strong leader traits", and the vote of course counts as much as any other. A new accepted world order......History going round in circles..........Lets applaud this mentality if the world becomes a better place, but anyone taking responsible if it gets worse? I doubt it. Lets wait and see.......

are you questioning democracy when the outcome does'nt please you?

well, it's a rigged system ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 708907 times.

Back