I need help for results

You're really grasping at straws to make your case.

No because I actually receieved 29% Asia Minor.

91260604-1DB0-48F5-B49F-7620A1CDFD2E.jpg

If your going to talk bad about me at least use exactly what I said. Your changing and manipulating what I said.

When did I ever say having Levantine or East Mediterranean dna is like having the cooties or something? Get it through your THICK SKULL I AM NOT A NORDICIST, I am actually very dark for an Italian, growing up and to this day people often think i’m Arab or Latino. What pisses me off is people who test their dna act mortified when they get anything from the Middle East whether its autosomal or uniparental markers. The fact is there is recent dna from the Middle East in Southern whether people like it or not.

Lol are joking? I tested on Nat Geo myself, also my uncle and 2 friends on Nat Geo. This is where I scored 29% Asia Minor and you created a big stink because you thought I was lying about my result. Southern Italians score well over 20% Asia Minor on Nat Geo 2.0 Next.

Again shows you pick and choose what you want to say, I excluded the Carthigians from my point, and the Severan dynasty was in context to explain my point.

But hey what else can I expect from a Fetusa like yourself.

First of all, I don't care which "foreign" Emperors you're discussing. They all became emperors the same way. It didn't involve, in any of the cases you mentioned, any migration of their ethnicity to mainland Italy. So, it's irrelevant in the context of explaining Italian genetics. Can you understand that? Only someone with an agenda would claim it is relevant, that or someone with no knowledge of the Roman Empire or ancient history.

As to your "genetics" arguments, such as they are, you may be just a naive Canadian with absolutely no understanding of the history or pre-history of his ancestors who has been taken for a ride by Sikeliot, also known as Portuguese Princess and other idiotic pseudonyms. Why the hell do you think he spent tens of thousands of posts trying to prove that southern Italians (and in the beginning all Italians) had more "Middle Eastern" than Iberians? If you think he did it because he thought it was a great thing to have I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Perhaps you were open to their idiocy, and ignored the prejudice that he and his followers exhibit, if you knew of it, most of it being more cloaked now, because you have experienced some discrimination because of your appearance, and have decided to fight it by embracing what you think it means. It's possible, I suppose. There are Jewish people who are the willing tools of Nordicists too, and Central Asians like Afghans, who are considered little better than animals by the Russians, but who spout Eastern European "Aryan" propaganda.

Regardless, I don't care how you justify yourself to yourself. The fact remains that you don't know what you're talking about. Your knowledge of Italian or world history and archaeology in general would fit into a thimble.

As for your Nat Geo results, I was talking about the results of Northeast Italians. In your wildest imagination do you think you would have results similar to those of anyone from northeastern Italy? I never mentioned southern Italians.

Angela: "
I would actually be quite surprised if someone from Northeastern Italy got results like these. Those are close to the results for Tuscans, but Northeastern Italians are quite different from Tuscans

Plus, I don't know which iteration of the test you took. Perhaps it was the old one which they replaced. I know there are southern Italians who have taken the most recent iteration of the test who get very low Asia Minor, not that it matters one way or the other to me.

I can't explain your results. I have no way of knowing the origin of your ancestors from Italy. I have no way of even verifying that you are indeed 100% southern Italian in ancestry. Maybe you're half Lebanese or other Middle Eastern. I've been burned numerous times thinking someone was legit, only to find out that he or she was not the person he or she claimed to me. On the internet, people can assume any identity they please.

Perhaps, if you're legit, you should be asking yourself why you want to believe that one particular set of results is the only correct one, especially since the company no longer stands behind it. Perhaps you should also remember that some of those early results were based on an algorithm provided by Dr. McDonald, who was not a geneticist, and who included Ashkenazi Jews in the Middle Eastern/Asia Minor cluster. Any Europeans with ancestry similar to the "Non-Jewish" Ashkenazi ancestry would get part of their genome assigned to the Middle East. For God's sake, these are rookie mistakes. We know better now.

Or maybe, as I've pointed out, these tests are all over the place and to rely on them too much makes no sense.

Azzurro: They probably changed the reference or sample population for Asia Minor.

Prove it. Prove that it isn't they finally took Ashkenazi Jews out of the Middle Eastern sample, where they never should have been.

Finally, it's one thing to question someone's knowledge and expertise, or their associations, especially if they are with noted racists. It's another thing to call someone a foul, filthy name. You're so lame, btw. You can't even get the slang Sicilian word spelled correctly. Yeah, you're some tough Sicilian.

There will, of course, be consequences. Temper, temper.

I could say the same for you, what makes my results atypical and not yours?

I’m sorry, my results are very similar to Jovalis.
They are different test versions, not to be compare them as equal. [emoji846]

26283ce817d27d320016a46310c627e6.jpg

First of all, I don't care which "foreign" Emperors you're discussing. They all became emperors the same way. It didn't involve, in the cases you mentioned, any migration of their ethnicity to mainland Italy. So, it's irrelevant in the context of explaining Italian genetics. Can you understand that? Only someone with an agenda would claim it is relevant, that or someone with no knowledge of the Roman Empire or ancient history.

As to your "genetics" arguments, such as they are, you may be just a naive Canadian with absolutely no understanding of the history or pre-history of his ancestors who has been taken for a ride by Sikeliot, also known as Portuguese Princess and other idiotic pseudonyms. Why the hell do you think he spent tens of thousands of posts trying to prove that southern Italians (and in the beginning all Italians) had more "Middle Eastern" than Iberians? If you think he did it because he thought it was a great thing to have I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Perhaps you were open to their idiocy, and ignored the prejudice that he and his followers exhibit, if you knew of it, most of it being more cloaked now, because you have experienced some discrimination because of your appearance, and have decided to fight it by embracing what you think it means. It's possible, I suppose. There are Jewish people who are the willing tools of Nordicists too, and Central Asians like Afghans, who are considered little better than animals by the Russians, but spout Eastern European "Aryan" propaganda. It's possible, even if unlikely.

Regardless, I don't care how you justify yourself to yourself. The fact remains that you don't know what you're talking about. Your knowledge of Italian or world history and archaeology in general would fit into a thimble.

As for your Nat Geo results, I was talking about the results of Northeast Italians. In your wildest imagination do you think you would have results similar to those of anyone from northeastern Italy? I never mentioned southern Italians.

Angela: "

Plus, I don't know which iteration of the test you took. Perhaps it was the old one which they replaced. I know there are southern Italians who have taken the most recent iteration of the test who get very low Asia Minor, not that it matters one way or the other to me.

I can't explain your results. I have no way of knowing the origin of your ancestors from Italy. I have no way of even verifying that you are indeed 100% southern Italian in ancestry. Maybe you're half Lebanese or other Middle Eastern. I've been burned numerous times thinking someone was legit, only to find out that he or she was not the person he or she claimed to me. On the internet, people can assume any identity they please.

Or maybe, as I've pointed out, these tests are all over the place and to rely on them too much makes no sense.

Perhaps you should be asking yourself why you want to believe that one set of results, which the company no longer stands behind, has to be the one and only correct one. Sounds like an agenda to me. Perhaps you should also remember that some of those early results were based on an algorithm provided by Dr. McDonald, who was not a geneticist, and who included Ashkenazi Jews in the Middle Eastern/Asia Minor cluster. Any Europeans with ancestry similar to the "Non-Jewish" Ashkenazi ancestry would get part of their genome assigned to the Middle East. For God's sake, these are rookie mistakes. We know better now.

Finally, it's one thing to question someone's knowledge and expertise, or their associations, especially if they are with noted racists. It's another thing to call someone a foul, filthy name. You're so lame, btw. You can't even get the slang Sicilian word spelled correctly. Yeah, you're some tough Sicilian.

There will, of course, be consequences. Temper, temper.

It can be spelt both Fetusa or Fitusa and stop acting innocent you have insulted me many times, you literally called me ignorant right before!

P.S. I was not talking about the Northeastern Italian result, I was referring to your comment about me and Sikeliot.

I’m sorry, my results are very similar to Jovalis.
They are different test versions, not to be compare them as equal. [emoji846]

26283ce817d27d320016a46310c627e6.jpg

Nothing to be sorry about :) That was my point that the test results changed from Geno 2.0 to Helix.

Well to me Ignorant is an insult

You and I both know how different they are, that is if you're really Sicilian or know anything about Sicilian culture. Develop some self-control; in real life the consequences are much more severe.

You and I both know how different they are, that is if you're really Sicilian or know anything about Sicilian culture. Develop some self-control; in real life the consequences are much more severe.

Can I ask why do you have to throw an extra shot all the time? "that is if you're really Sicilian or know anything about Sicilian culture" was that really neccessary you couldn't have left it how you originally wrote it.

Nothing to be sorry about :) That was my point that the test results changed from Geno 2.0 to Helix.

Your point was that Jovialis' results must be fake if he has no Asia Minor. Guess not. The point is also that the test of which you're so enamored is no longer offered. I wonder why that is?

Maybe because it was idiotic to include Ashkenazim, who may be 50% Southern European, as a reference sample for the Near East?

One thing we know: they think their current algorithm is better.

Azzurro: Can I ask why do you have to throw an extra shot all the time? "that is if you're really Sicilian or know anything about Sicilian culture" was that really neccessary you couldn't have left it how you originally wrote it

Unfortunately, even I sometimes forget things.

Yes, it was really necessary. No one two or three generations removed from Italy, who can't speak the language or even spell the word "blue", who hasn't extensively studied Italian history or culture is "Italian" or "Sicilian" or whatever he claims to be. You're a Canadian pretending to a knowledge of things Italian which you don't have, and it's damn annoying.

Your point was that Jovialis' results must be fake if he has no Asia Minor. Guess not. The point is also that the test of which you're so enamored is no longer offered. I wonder why that is?

Maybe because it was idiotic to include Ashkenazim, who may be 50% Southern European, as a reference sample for the Near East?

Nope my point was that Helix results are different to Geno 2.0, I never said his results were fake, in fact he said my result is fake and said maybe I am not a real Southern Italian and "I answered him I could say the same for you". So technically he is the one who accused my results to be fake.

Again your taking my words out of context, its completely rebranding what I said.

Maybe the Helix algorithm is better but that's not the point of the argument

Maybe you and Jovialis were right the whole time ;)

Nope my point was that Helix results are different to Geno 2.0, I never said his results were fake, in fact he said my result is fake and said maybe I am not a real Southern Italian and "I answered him I could say the same for you". So technically he is the one who accused my results to be fake.

Again your taking my words out of context, its completely rebranding what I said.

Maybe the Helix algorithm is better but that's not the point of the argument

Nothing will change the fact that for your own reasons you want those results to be correct, but not ones that show much lower "Middle Eastern" for Southern Italians.

That smacks of agenda, not objectivity.

All I know is that if a company changes their algorithm it's a good bet they think they can improve on it. I also know that if your results were based on a test which had Ashkenazim as a reference population for "Middle East" or "Asia Minor", then the results are b.s. Period.

Unfortunately, even I sometimes forget things.

Yes, it was really necessary. No one two or three generations removed from Italy, who can't speak the language or even spell the word "blue", who hasn't extensively studied Italian history or culture is "Italian" or "Sicilian" or whatever he claims to be. You're a Canadian pretending to a knowledge of things Italian which you don't have, and it's damn annoying.

who are you to say I am not Italian or Sicilian, your not somebody who decides what I am ethnicially, I’m Italian period whether you like it or not.

If a Gascon tested I'm sure he'd score a lot of Southern European, going by the academic analysis of that sample from southwestern France. I'm sure if they go one from Provence it would be about the same. I doubt even a pure French Canadian has the same genetics. From my understanding most of the settlers in New France were from northwestern France, so I would think they'd get a lot of English as well as French. Is that incorrect?

Plus, you have to understand how clusters work. Everything depends on where you put your centrums and what reference samples you use.

I agree with you that it depends a lot on the clusters and reference samples and on the length of the dna segment being analyzed. A company like Gencove splits France into 3 regions and I get 27% Southwestern and 7% Northern Italian. Another company like FTDNA includes all of France with Central Europe and I get 0% Iberian and 10% Southeastern. I think I have some French farmer genes that are similar to people in the Iberian Peninsula but that it’s thousands of years old since the connection. So both companies are correct in a sense.

You are correct that French Canadians came primarily from West/Central and North/West France and they do score relatively high English percentages.

Angela I have done the test on 2015.

GREEK

%

Mediterranean

54%

Northern European

28%

Southwest Asian

17%

YOU

%

Mediterranean

50%

Northern European

31%

Southwest Asian

17%

Ops, when I have done copy the graphic was ok...

I am amazed with the person who rated post #1 with a negative, when the person was showing his results and asking for aid..........

This thread has been viewed 24565 times.

Back