Where does the Albanian language come from? [VIDEO]

It has nothing to do with Ottomans that fashion screams EEF.

It has nothing to do with EEF, that is one of the most ridiculous things i've heard in a while.

Bashibuzuks worked as mercenaries for Ottomans, and brought back these fashions.

Trying to claim this fashion is pre-Ottoman is like trying to say that Ottoman trousers that many older rural women still wear were pre-Ottoman, it shows a total lack of historical awarenes.

scutari_women.jpg

Albanian. "Mahramë" (Shawl, Kerchief)

loanword from Arabic. مَحْرَمَة (maḥrama) [kerchief].

Also loaned into:

Serbo-Croatian: Marama [kerchief]
Crimean Tatar. Marama [kerchief]

There were Berish in Pej but not Sopi, in fact these two have no recent connection between each other in any way possible. I am an Albanian with origin from Lugin.

In my autosomal i am one of the few Albanians and Balkanites with the most Yamnaya, i have like 38% Yamnaya(don't know if i got it by Slavic admixture but i don't think they are the main factor since i got lower Baltic than some other Albos), and i do have slanted eyes which makes me look a bit Pseudo-Mongoloid.

Muriqi? Nikqi? Selca? Kuqi? the list goes on and on.

On K13 I got 15.73% Baltic and 25.25% North_Atlantic which seemed to me a bit different from the Albanian references who got quite a lot of Baltic and less North_Atlantic.

Most likely some more Slavic input in you considering you're from Lugina.

The ‘Truban’ is of Ottoman heritage obviously and is also known in other words as Qefin (the white cloth that muslims cover their dead with). It’s a warrior thing, like Catholics of the same region for example tattooing a cross so they are buried as Christians when they die during battle.

Plus assigning a phenotype to haplo’s that have been in Europe for thousands of years is beyond ridiculous.

Did the Berbers also get it from that little multi ethnic nation in Anatolia?

It has nothing to do with EEF, that is one of the most ridiculous things i've heard in a while.

Bashibuzuks worked as mercenaries for Ottomans, and brought back these fashions.

Trying to claim this fashion is pre-Ottoman is like trying to say that Ottoman trousers that many older rural women still wear were pre-Ottoman, it shows a total lack of historical awarenes.

scutari_women.jpg

Albanian. "Mahramë" (Shawl, Kerchief)

loanword from Arabic. مَحْرَمَة (maḥrama) [kerchief].

Also loaned into:

Serbo-Croatian: Marama [kerchief]
Crimean Tatar. Marama [kerchief]

I was talking about the male garnment.

Sure but claiming J2b-L283 was Sumerian makes more sense.

Why Atlas Berbers when our subclades with them is more than 20k years old lol, why not Ancient Egyptians Old dynasty whom we share more recent paternal ancestry 13k. Maybe we built the Bosnian Pyramids afterall? :LOL:

It's funny because, E-V13 Gava/Channeled-Ware Culture had completely opposite after-life belief with Afro-Asiatic people who thought inhumation was sacred and preserving the dead body was crucial for going in after-life (mummification), whereas E-V13 people burned their corpses believing that the soul will quicklier reach the after-life.

I mean you were equating looks of PIE Illyrians with Iranians/Sumerians :LOL:

Muriqi? Nikqi? Selca? Kuqi? the list goes on and on.

On K13 I got 15.73% Baltic and 25.25% North_Atlantic which seemed to me a bit different from the Albanian references who got quite a lot of Baltic and less North_Atlantic.

Most likely some more Slavic input in you considering you're from Lugina.

I use only G25 from eurogenes. I forgot my results from K13 since i deleted my account from gedmatch or whatever the website name was.

I was talking about the male garnment.

Sure but claiming J2b-L283 was Sumerian makes more sense.

But I never claimed that did I. I said 7000 years ago, the ancestor of L283 was probably living in Sumerian territories, and this is true.

I was trying to make L283's history more appealing and arouse interest and curiosity for the general public. I doubt Sumerians were L283 at all.

But I never claimed that did I. I said 7000 years ago, the ancestor of L283 was probably living in Sumerian territories, and this is true.

I was trying to make L283's history more appealing and arouse interest and curiosity for the general public. I doubt Sumerians were L283 at all.

Btw, he is just attempting to troll. Anyway, i find Sumerians far more cooler than Illyrians or Thracians, nothing wrong even if they were lol.

Their legacy even in some way overshadows Ancient Greece civilization.

What about putting J2b-L283 Illyrian on the map?

Guys, in Malesi, this headwear is referred as as the shall (something along those lines). It is most probably Ottoman in origin. Additionally, I've read that the Piperi tribesmen wore variations of the same turban. By the way, Johanes, it was not just for the cold; my grandpa claimed that it was also effective in combat, since it prevented the sweat from their heads from pouring down on their faces.

What about putting J2b-L283 Illyrian on the map?

7000 years ago L283 was not in Europe yet. Nobody in this thread is arguing that L283 is not Illyrian, so you seem to have a low reading comprehension or something. Wonder why.

Wilkes argues that the proto-Albanians were nomadic shepherd (transhumance) migrants.

Noel Malcolm argues a similar point, that these proto-Albanian migrants originated from the highlands in the Kosovo region before expanding into Albania.

Noel Malcolm is pretty clear that the proto-Albanians were shepherds living in the higher grounds, similar to Wilkes.

Like Wilkes, he also refers to the Latin speaking peoples that penetrated even into remote areas into the Northern Albanian mountains.

FJS6sNIWQAEY30I

Interestingly, the authentic Albanian folkloric element of the Plis (Pileus/Pilos) hat also supports origin from nomadic shepherds.

This was made from wool felt, so the materials did not need to be imported or have a complex threading process, locally made.

Worn by shepherds and associated with wandering, liberty, in antiquity due it its connection with nomadic shepherds.

maxresdefault.jpg

Btw, he is just attempting to troll. Anyway, i find Sumerians far more cooler than Illyrians or Thracians, nothing wrong even if they were lol.

Their legacy even in some way overshadows Ancient Greece civilization.

In some earlier posts of yours you were shouting E-V13 Illyrians Urnfield etc. I am not trolling I was just writing to "entertain" about the possibility of Illyrians being the reason for the more light phenotype in some Gegs than in Tosks. You then came with your Iranian/Zagros stuff which had nothing to do with Proto-Illyrians whatsoever.

Why don't you take that courage to speak Albanian when your Serbian neighbours in Lugina are around you or are you probably too afraid and talk turkish or smth as most of you turkophone people over there.

I have the PDF to Andromaqi Gjergji's 'Veshjet Shqiptare ne Shekuj'.

I'll have to take a look at it today.

Why don't you take that courage to speak Albanian when your Serbian neighbours in Lugina are around you or are you probably too afraid and talk turkish or smth as most of you turkophone people over there.

This has nothing to do with anything, and you don't even know this person to make these types of low banal comments. It shows what a rotten type of person you are. Low person.

Guys, in Malesi, this headwear is referred as as the shall (something along those lines). It is most probably Ottoman in origin. Additionally, I've read that the Piperi tribesmen wore variations of the same turban. By the way, Johanes, it was not just for the cold; my grandpa claimed that it was also effective in combat, since it prevented the sweat from their heads from pouring down on their faces.

Thanks for the info. Haven't seen a Turkish euqivalent. But then again Turkey in itself is a multiethnic country so everything Balkan does not necessarily have to be Turkish.

I think on ATV or some other program a Berisha man, Nikci I think, talks about it and claimed it to be older than the ottoman influence but he might be (or is) wrong.

This has nothing to do with anything, and you don't even know this person to make these types of low banal comments. It shows what a rotten type of person you are. Low person.

Whatever Hamid Hassan Bey.

Yeah also it did double as a qefin, I'm sure it was useful for multiple reasons, but I'm surprised people argue this is ancient when its very isolated and recent.

Did the Berbers also get it from that little multi ethnic nation in Anatolia?
Use your head. Last time I checked we refer to it as ‘mahrame’ and ‘qefin’ at the same time. Both words obviously entered our language during the ottoman period.

I don’t give a rats ass where Berbers got it.

This thread has been viewed 618654 times.

Back