Advisor
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-PF7566 (R-Y227216)
mtDNA haplogroup
H6a1b7
Maybe this belongs in the philosophy section.

If two different groups mix, are they mixed, or are they something unto themselves? When it happens in mass it becomes a construct (i.e. observation of a biological phenomenon in human evolution) that can be identified and fixed to time.

The whole is not the sum of its parts.

Isn't Europe an excellent example of this mix? Or are you thinking about ideas?

Sent from my XQ-BC52 using Tapatalk

I'd agree with that. Once the "mix" is relatively uniform, it's a new entity.

Sort of like making a cake. :)

well, when is the mix uniform enough? if we look back in history or even at the present situation this is a social question.

It was uniform until the "me, me, me" generation turned up.

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk

I know, for instance, that so called Caucasians/Whites aren't really a homogeneous race. They are an admixture of several older races. It is how populations evolve.

I know, for instance, that so called Caucasians/Whites aren't really a homogeneous race. They are an admixture of several older races. It is how populations evolve.

Everyone is part of an exclusive set, to become a definable thing. Like Cakes, as Angela reminds me of the analogy, need various ingredients.

True. One of the things that make me fascinated is that I could go on a vacation to Italy and meet a copy of myself when it comes to the way I look at and want to live my life. Loving the same music, films and even women. And after 35 years we're still best friends and I've been to Milan several times and he's been here many times. We were each other's best men at our weddings. Still, we live in pretty different places. I'm not gay by the way, lol.

Europeans north, south, east, west, (i.e. "white people") can be modeled exclusively from middle easteners, with the model I put forward. The components I use are a good fit for whites, not for others.

I dont understand this statement. WHat do you mean here?

Europeans north, south, east, west, (i.e. "white people") can be modeled exclusively from middle easteners, with the model I put forward. The components I use are a good fit for whites, not for others.

they are grouped with middle easterners because of this. though i would call sami for example europeans too. but i think what you mean is not the same as what Angela adressed with uniformity. if i understood you right, you are saying that after a certain set of different populations mix together the new populations form a group no matter how uniform it is.
it seems to be again just a matter of perspective.

True. One of the things that make me fascinated is that I could go on a vacation to Italy and meet a copy of myself when it comes to the way I look at and want to live my life. Loving the same music, films and even women. And after 35 years we're still best friends and I've been to Milan several times and he's been here many times. We were each other's best men at our weddings. Still, we live in pretty different places. I'm not gay by the way, lol.

and you think that isn't possible with people that fall outside what we consider caucasians?

and you think that isn't possible with people that fall outside what we consider caucasians?
What makes you think I'm excluding none-Caucasians? Quite the opposite. I was speaking through a philosophical lens and not your twisted mind of assuming my comment has to do with ethnicity or imagined race.

What makes you think I'm excluding none-Caucasians? Quite the opposite. I was speaking through a philosophical lens and not your twisted mind of assuming my comment has to do with ethnicity or imagined race.

so why write it in a thread that is obviously about ancestry? you think about uniform culture i guess. you could have specified when i asked you.

so why write it in a thread that is obviously about ancestry? you think about uniform culture i guess. you could have specified when i asked you.
So according to you ancestry is only about Caucasians. Or how should it be interpreted?

So according to you ancestry is only about Caucasians. Or how should it be interpreted?

you replied to me how it, whatever you mean with "it", was uniform until the me me me, then you brought your anecdote that was as you say about culture not ancestry. did you reply to Rico33? cause i've no idea what you are trying to say.
i think you misunderstood the topic of the thread. but i like how you focus more on the grouping based on similarity of opinions, hobbies etc than on ancestry.

This thread has been viewed 5928 times.

Back