Where does the Albanian language come from? [VIDEO]

Lazaridis on twitter on Albanian:

"99% of Indo-European speakers stem from Corded Ware ancestors. It is only three small groups: Greeks, Armenians, Albanians who go up to the Yamnaya not via Corded Ware intermediaries. Many others were wiped out linguistically, e.g. Tocharians and most Paleo-Balkan speakers"

Hawk, which ID are the Velim Kosa mtDNA H7 samples? Cannot find them.

Wow. There are so many Montenegrin and Croatian J2b samples labelled as just J-M102 so the total number of J2b-L283 clearly exceeds the 21 named in that info excerpt.
I see they were only addressing one bigger branch and not saying that there are only 21 J2b-L283 samples which there are clearly more.

On the Bulgarian-Serbian border I proposed that Ruy mountain could come from a Albanian explanation such as shelter, watch/alert.

Ruy (Bulgarian: Руй) or Ruj (Serbian Cyrillic: Руј), is a mountain on the border of western Bulgaria and southeastern Serbia. Its eponymous highest peak rises 1,706 meters above sea level. The mountain is located west of Tran and is part of the Ruy-Verila range. On a clear day one can see Rila and Vitosha in Bulgaria and Veliki Strešer in Serbia.[1]

Reading translated text from Bulgarian wikipedia page, there is a sub-mountain range in Bulgaria that is part of the Ruy mountain chain called Strazha(Straža) planina. The google translator calls this mountain guard mountain.

And Albanian ruaj translates as follows:

1. to watch over, to observe, to guard
  2. to maintain

Strazha planina (until June 29, 1942, Paramun, Paramunska planina ) [1] is a monoclinal mountain in western Bulgaria , part of the Rui-Veril mountain range, in the physical-geographic region of Kraishte , Pernik region .

https://bg.wikipedia.org/wiki/Стража_(планина)

Straza seems to be universal among Slavs, here a settlement in Slovenia by the same name: The name Straža is shared with several other settlements in Slovenia, and it is also found in various toponyms, oronyms, and hydronyms. It is derived from the common noun straža 'guards, guard post', often referring to a place where watch was kept during the danger of Ottoman attacks.[5]

I wonder where is Bruzmi? If he is really E-V13, i wonder with what he will come up next? He looks like he is a Bosanska glava/Bosnian head (stubborn).

I bet his last resort will be G25.

They are brothers.

I188313868; Tumulus 2/G1, individual BAdultpetrousThis studyPinhasi, Ron; Novak, Mario; Natalija ČondićContext: Archaeological - Period2201144500-1 BCEHRV_AncVelim-KosaCroatia1240K12.64MCroatia, Stankovci, Velim 2014 Family A (2 members) (I18830-I18831 have a sibling relationship [brothers])Lazaridis caller (12/6/2020) based on Yfull 8.09 running directly on the bamJ-PH1602J2b2a1a1a1b2~H7[0.005,0.011]ss.halfS18831.Y1.E1.L1PASS (Xcontam=[0.005,0.011])
I188303867; Tumulus 2/G1; individual AAdultpetrousThis studyPinhasi, Ron; Novak, Mario; Natalija ČondićContext: Archaeological - Period2201144500-1 BCEHRV_Anc_brother.I18831Velim-KosaCroatia1240K12.164MCroatia, Stankovci, Velim 2014 Family A (2 members) (I18830-I18831 have a sibling relationship [brothers])Lazaridis caller (12/6/2020) based on Yfull 8.09 running directly on the bamJ-PH1602J2b2a1a1a1b2~H7[0.004,0.011]ss.halfS18830.Y1.E1.L1PASS
Thank you.

I wonder where is Bruzmi? If he is really E-V13, i wonder with what he will come up next? He looks like he is a Bosanska glava/Bosnian head (stubborn).

He basically lied. Kryedash lol

"99% of Indo-European speakers stem from Corded Ware ancestors. It is only three small groups: Greeks, Armenians, Albanians who go up to the Yamnaya not via Corded Ware intermediaries. Many others were wiped out linguistically, e.g. Tocharians and most Paleo-Balkan speakers"

Yes, it was obvious from the start that Albanian was spread via Yamnaya, we got a confirmation which was good.

Ok, so that means Proto-Albanian can be linked to R1b-Z2103 then.

But, i think rafc is right, somehow the complete absence of E-V13 anywhere from Neolithic and then popping out in Iron Age is bizarre. Linking it with cremating cultures like Gava who basically didn't even have burials they scattered their ashes makes more and more sense.

On the Bulgarian-Serbian border I proposed that Ruy mountain could come from a Albanian explanation such as shelter, watch/alert.

Ruy (Bulgarian: Руй) or Ruj (Serbian Cyrillic: Руј), is a mountain on the border of western Bulgaria and southeastern Serbia. Its eponymous highest peak rises 1,706 meters above sea level. The mountain is located west of Tran and is part of the Ruy-Verila range. On a clear day one can see Rila and Vitosha in Bulgaria and Veliki Strešer in Serbia.[1]

Reading translated text from Bulgarian wikipedia page, there is a sub-mountain range in Bulgaria that is part of the Ruy mountain chain called Strazha(Straža) planina. The google translator calls this mountain guard mountain.

And Albanian ruaj translates as follows:

1. to watch over, to observe, to guard
  2. to maintain

Straza seems to be universal among Slavs, here a settlement in Slovenia by the same name: The name Straža is shared with several other settlements in Slovenia, and it is also found in various toponyms, oronyms, and hydronyms. It is derived from the common noun straža 'guards, guard post', often referring to a place where watch was kept during the danger of Ottoman attacks.[5]

Enough, just enough of your pseudo-linguistic nonsense.

Ruj < from South Slavic https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/руј "sumac" technically but used basically for all reddish features: red earth, all red shrubs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rujevica,_Pljevlja and even as a name Rujevic (someone who has reddish features) . Ruaj is the Tosk variant of ruoj which would be more likeruonj in late Proto-Albanian, hence it's impossible as an etymology for this mountain. There are plenty of Ruj- based toponyms in former Yugoslav regions. It's not uncommon.

If Riverman's theory stands in stone then there should be E-V13 in Iron Age Albania, it just wasn't found yet.

So a potential 10-20% E-V13 in south-eastern Albania is the salvation of autochthonous E-V13? You are clutching at straws.

So a potential 10-20% E-V13 in south-eastern Albania is the salvation of autochthonous E-V13? You are clutching at straws.

No one has ever claimed that, enough strawmanning.

These mysterious conservative mountain people that lived in the Nish/Shtip zone and started moving west around 100AD practiced cremation, and only after 300AD does inhumation also start to appear alongside cremations.

FLt3UpwX0AQf5hG

FLvOJzyXoAQDf6G

It's looking more and more like a Bessi explanation for the E-V13 component.

One more thing to note, i wouldn't take literally everything Lazaridis claims. He was focusing more and more on general picture of PIE. I bet he isn't even aware of Late Bronze Age/Early Iron Age migration details.

Enough, just enough of your pseudo-linguistic nonsense.

Ruj < from South Slavic https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/руј "sumac" technically but used basically for all reddish features: red earth, all red shrubs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rujevica,_Pljevlja and even as a name Rujevic (someone who has reddish features) . Ruaj is the Tosk variant of ruoj which would be more likeruonj in late Proto-Albanian, hence it's impossible as an etymology for this mountain. There are plenty of Ruj- based toponyms in former Yugoslav regions. It's not uncommon.

The attempt is pseudo, but the explanation is plausible. If Rujevica and Ruj are the same, why not named Rujevo in Bulgaria?

Also, those two E-V13 brothers from Nicaea, Byzantine Empire are either Greeks or Bithynian Thracians in origin likely.

Than why did you even bring it up?

Let's see what Riverman thinks on the position of Albanian E-V13 lineages and where they stem from. I believe he shares the same idea that they likely came from Dardania.

I bet his last resort will be G25.

But, i am quite convinced he is J2b2-L283.

But, i am quite convinced he is J2b2-L283.
Don't think so. Excine basically repeated the same stuff and is E1b-V13. I generally just think these whole forced baseless correlation pseudo scientific posts of Bruzmi were mirroring his mental health which was obviously not in a good state and still isn't. He is just an internet enthusiast that has attached too much emotions to scientific topics of which he is not qualified to even have an opinion on yet alone discuss about.

But as always there are scientific papers and those matter at the end of the day.

This thread has been viewed 619331 times.

Back