Question Why do people die?

Doc said:
I want what Pachipro's take on all of this is?
smoke gave a very good answer Doc. I have a little to add and will post it in a day or two when I have a little more time.

dutch baka said:
Why do people die? really think about it?

you grown up, studie all your life, get a wife/husband, make children, work hard... and then YOU DIE....

why cant people get 200 years old or something like that?
Why were we ******* born? It's a great honor to die, and move onto the next plane of existence, don't you think? It's selfish to think that living 70-100 years isn't enough. What about domestic cats, and dogs? I'm sure they'd like to live as long as humans do. Our bodys just get too weak to function properly, and we either catch a disease, bodys stop functioning, or get killed.
It sucks, but it's...LIFE!

mm life doesnt sucks for me, i mean i have a beautifull fiancee, my future looks good, and im learning from my life, i enjoy.....

just i wonder Why? why do we die, why do we get an average age of 70-87??? ( please say when im wrong ) our body is getting stronger, more medication comming up ( desease also if you ask me) people are living longer then 100 years ago... i think in the future, maybe next 50 year we will be able to have an average of 80-100 at least!!!!

im not afraid of dying btw, just im afraid i didnt do enough, thats why im working my ass off now! i know i will die, and i know my mind will come in a good place ( at least i hope)

I just killed this baby chipmunk on accident, I rode my bike over it accidently. See, if I wasn't there it wouldn't have died so soon. Do you know what I mean?

what do you know more about life and death then me Thor, seems like you know much about it, the way you talk !!!!!!

seems you dont understand this thread or something maybe....:?

I wasn't commenting on any of your posts, dutch_baka.
Since you brought up knowing about death, I'll mention some of my fun times. I'm not bragging, or trying to demean what has happened to other jREF members.
My 4 good friend died in a car accident with a high school friend while drunk going something like 80-90 MPH. That was June 9th, 2003. I don't want to think of it anymore, so yeah thats my expierence with "death". ZING last post in this thread for me.

Last edited:
Pachipro said:
smoke gave a very good answer Doc. I have a little to add and will post it in a day or two when I have a little more time.

Actually I think Smoke made a great answer to the question. My props to him. :cool: I was just saying I wonder what you think about it since you make such interesting posts about life after death that's all. :cool:

Doc:ramen::happy:

Doc said:
Well it is believed that the men who were a part of the USS Hornet just loved their job so much, even those who left the service and lived on normal civilian lives, that their spirits just refuse to move on, prefer to stay and help maintain that ship. I think it's pretty amazing if you ask me. I want what Pachipro's take on all of this is?
Although smoke listed a few good theories that are out there, There are a couple of other areas of thinking on this and smoke just touched on it.

It is said in some circles that when one moves on to the after-life one is allowed to relive, or go back to, certain areas of their previous life that they would like to revisit. Now, if this is in a parallell dimension or universe, (and scientists have mathematically proved the existance of some 10 dimensions), this dimension they are visiting or reliving, may be bleeding over into this dimension. Remember energy cannot be destroyed. It only takes another form. Maybe the same form in another dimension. Thus, even though the USS Hornet may one day be destroyed for example, the energy that was once the USS Hornet still exists and can never be destroyed. Therefore, these "ghosts" as we like to call them, are actually reliving parts of their lives and sometimes we get to see it.

It is also said that every single moment of life, since it is energy, is "recorded" and some areas of this planet, like battlefields or the USS Hornet, have strong enough fields of energy within them that allow this "recording" to be replayed time and time again. It seems that in places where there was a large loss of life, or sudden death, this is more common due to the energy released. Therefore, those of us in the physical world can then "see" parts of this recording being played out. We are not actually seeing ghosts, per se, just a replaying of what already took place.

Does anyone know if any ghosts are seen in Hiroshima or Nagasaki? It would seem to me there would be many because, based on the above theory, death came suddenly to thousands so there should be some cases of ghosts being see.

You know I'm glad you touched that ponint Pachipro about the whole recording thing. You see I too believe that there is such a thing. For example the house that my Mother grew up in is haunted, or so that's what my folks think. They think that my Grandfather still lives there even though he's been dead for over almost 15 years. Personally I think it's just a recording of him with his time being spent there. You see he built that house, and really loved it. I think the so called ghosts that my parents think are there, is really the recording of my Grandfather going through his normal routines because he put so much into that house. For example the people who live in the house now (we rent it out) say that every morning they hear somebody making coffee in the kitchen, and stirring it in a mug. However, nobody is there when they come into the kitchen. I personally think it's just a recording, what do you think?

Doc:ramen::happy:

who knows why ?! Maybe we need some religions.Nobody can tell us the truth.God knows.Nature knows.We understand death for the first time when he puts his hand upon one whom we love.

dutch baka said:
but how boring would live be, when you know you wont die? if you look at this life, you can die tommorow so life your life to the fullest, but when you are immortal, how can you enjoy to the fullest?

i think this life, as other people say, has a good balance!!! of life and death, sick and health, war and peace,, ying and yang

If you have your goal of life how would you feel boring.You said it .There are some balances of this world.So people have different ideas.We are all creatures on the earth.What we should do is live better this life at the same time enjoy it .

Death is a part of life, as uncontrollable as taxes and rain. So I say death to taxes

'Life' is the Only Single Cuasative agent of Death.

As there could have been no Death if therez No Life, in other words , Death is there Only if Life is here in the first place.
>>> Then , mathematically, does it go to prove that those who do not want to Die should not Live( or are not living >>> so, in need of gettin' a life) in the first place. ?? >>> Still, in other words,are those who do not want to die not or be immortal actually 'Living' in the first place (or they think so) ??? Just wondering !

('tis linked to q. 10 thread aswell :) )

dutch baka said:
Why do people die? really think about it?

you grown up, studie all your life, get a wife/husband, make children, work hard... and then YOU DIE....

why cant people get 200 years old or something like that?

I think it is normal to die, but at the other point it is sad when someone you love dies, you feel the pain of loosing him, but deep inside you know he just had to go... :souka: At least thats my opinion. :relief:

mm i was just thinking... but i dont want to start a new thread about it...

how wouldyou like to die???

Ummmm............I've thought about it at one point or another. Oh DB you asked a disturbing question. :blush:

I know... ( im 20 and think about how i want to die... thats pretty disturbing.... )

well i always said i dont want to die in bed, but now i think i getting maried, and almost sure i will ( HOPE) to get kids some day,,, i think dying in bed peacefull when im like 70-80 .. i think that would be fair, to my wife, children.... more then i die in an airplane crash or something.

this friday there was a man on my work, that didnt feel good, always he is healthy, but this time he was just really sleepy, so he went home, fell asleep in the evening.. and yeah.. he just didnt woke up... its just so said.. and strange somebody die like that!!!

I think realistically i'd like to go out quickly and painlessly...but part of me would like to go out in a blaze of glory or p1ssing off as many people as possible when i do!

I think you might have to be careful when going into this area...I know JREF have certain policies about this sort of stuff (there was a post on suicide a little while ago).

This thread has been viewed 34432 times.

Back