Question Why do people die?

I guess the ways people wish to live, and hope to leave this world, dont always go as planned. I want to live to been a 100, then die peacefully. Hoping I see my grandchildren, and thier children. Wishful thinking, but I can dream

Death or Life

For me the matter on how I would like to die is overshadowed by how I would like to live. Death is personal, it is only for you. You can have a painful or painless death and the outcome is still death. But how we live up to our moment of death is what defines us. Living each day like there is no tommorow is a good start. Because the most painful death is not physical, but rather a death with regrets. For me I would like to die as the saying goes 'with my boots still on'.

For me death is just one of those things that you have to deal with. Sure its sad when someone or something dies but its just part of the natrual cycle. I mean imagine if we didn't die... The world would be over run with creatures.
:) :hat: :) :japanese: :) :eek2: :gun: :mad: :) :eek: :) :chinese: :embarasse :banghead:

Imagine If no one died, What would the world be like then

What more can I say? You kind, philosophical, and just down-right wonderful people have just about said it all.

I'd agree that you have to go for the life you've got. Live it up, and enjoy. Yet, I feel that human society has been overly hush-hush about the topic of death. We should be more open, and comfortable with talking about all the facts of life.

I have no information on life after death and don't really think anyone does. I have reason to understand that there are paranormal phenomena and occurances, and there may well be some sort of 'spiritual' (as opposed to physical) but reason that nobody really knows nor understands, just what that may be.

'Life after death' seems to be a result of 'survival instinct' in higher intellect. When the brain disperses, that whole is gone--all the parts are all over the place, although there may still be correlated spins as quantum laws suggest. The religious folks from way back have tried to deal with that but many details known today had not been known by them, so there is no real need to put faith in their ideas.

I wouldn't mind living for a long time, but the system seems to say it's not a good idea. I'd rather go in a flash, or peacefully while still moveable. I do not want to be in 'the home'. From my experience with a car crash ( and I feel for those who have lost friends in car crashes) when the mind goes down, nothing of the experience remains--no fear of the moment, no recall of the feeling, no knowledge of existence.

BUT, let's live everyone !! Let's be positive-minded, and look ahead !! Let's enjoy life !!

I wish I could know why people die.... there are lots of things to say, and my brain is tired! :(

When I die, I want to die quickly, I mean without pain. That's normal, I think! I would say, to be shot through the head. But of course, maybe that's not without a lot of pain, too. :worried: I don't want to live to be old. I don't care when I die - any time will do. :relief: But I want to enjoy my life as long as possible too, even if I live to 80 years old!

Mars Man said:
let's live everyone !! Let's be positive-minded, and look ahead !! Let's enjoy life !!

Hear hear! :yeahh: :) :happy:

On the topic of living longer...Scientists have developed a drug that will cause cells to deteriate slower, aka longer life. For example, when tested on flies(whose normal life span is 9 days), their life span increased to an average of two months(about 600%). If this drug could be put to human use, an average lifespan of 500 years could be attained. But why in the world would anyone live for 500 YEARS?!?! As it is, the average human life span has already increased twofold since the Middle Ages. Already, the human race has become a plague unto itself, kind of like a man bitten by a cobra on the arm, the appendage is now more of a hinderance than anything. Therefore, he must amputate it if he wants to live, unless he recieves medicine in enough time. Unfortunately, the threat of overpopulation has no medicine. Only something like killing off billions of people would be able to preserve balance. But we value those human lives, so we cannot destroy them. So, in the end, we will end up, literaly, killing ourselves.

And because I feel like it, I will give you a little known fact, more humans are alive today than the amount of humans that have ever died.

As to life after death, I believe there is. I am also open to a theory that I have created, life before life. Imagine, for a second, that your entity, your soul, has always been and always will be. That you have lived an infintite number of lives in an infinite number of bodies in an infinie number of universes, and you always will be. I'm talking about being fish, dogs, alien species, etc. forever and wherever you might appear. With no knowledge of past lives whatsoever.

As for death, it is needed, it is unavoidable, and, in the right quantities, can be like steroids for an ecosystem.

our body is too complicated to get 200 years old and more... Its a pitty :relief:
bacteria are defined as immortal. because of the cell division they clone theirselves, it would be interesting if a bacterium had consciousness and could talk...

Last edited:
death unexplained, series 1

according to the hewbrew history (or the bible) people lived up to 300 years. this was happening a couple of thousand years ago. well.... what happened? seems they didn't have philosophy or science. but that's ok.. what do we know now?

For carbon-cycle beings, our bodies wear down over time... your welcome.
for us, we last several "decades" other animals have their own life-span.
which brings me to this man-made invention called "time" coupled with evolution or something.

why do elephants, sharks, turtles live longer than us? why do we live longer than cats or dogs? does it matter?
it can be interesting if your interested.
obviously we are products of our environment, nothing more.
what's interesting is, will yours or my death be painful or not.

live your life now, experience all this crazy planet has to offer (in moderation). laugh at the silly laws, but don't get in trouble. death will come one day, but enjoy the now if you may.

kostaki said:
live your life now, experience all this crazy planet has to offer (in moderation). laugh at the silly laws, but don't get in trouble. death will come one day, but enjoy the now if you may.

:cool: I like that poetic touch :)

I guess its a mystery.

hey dutch baka,
remember me, edgar from amsterdam
so ur in KOBE now??? hope u enjoy japan as i would, anny way to give a short answer on ur story, a human body isnt cappable to live that long(evolution) a long time ago men could live up to 20 or 30 years, now with our technology and science we are able to live a bit longer, some people even live up to a 115 years.
scientist predicts that human body can with a litle help from science and nature live up to 150 till 200 years but thats in the far future from now.

greets and respect from amsterdam
ps i am going to japan from 29 of sept till 23 of okt. so maybe just maybe i will be in the nabourhood, will keep ya informed ok.
hope you do well in KOBE.

Why do People die

Imagine a world without death.

Gas Prices would Be horrendous, Cities would be super crowded, and Gengis Khan, Hitler and all the other tyrants would form a super government. The world's population wouldnt be able to feed itself. But this is just a thought,

What is Life without Death.

Think of Death as a way of reminding us not to squander our time on earth.

The answer to why we die is in the bible.

according to the hewbrew history (or the bible) people lived up to 300 years. this was happening a couple of thousand years ago. well.... what happened?

Kostaki point is valid. People used to live much longer then we do today. However in the book of Psalms chapter 90 it also brings out that our days would 80 years give or take a few. Of course who would want to live forever in this world.

As others have said, live life to the fullest, and in teh ever famous latin phrase
CARPE DEIUM.

shadowcatcher said:
People used to live much longer then we do today.

Really? I was under the impression that people rarely reached 40 years of age until about a hundred years ago. That is only if we take reality into account, of course.

humanlifeexpect3ef.jpg

Death Can Be A Welcome Friend ?

Quality of life is something to concider along with age. Getting old is not always pleasant. Some people wake up in horrible pain everyday. Some are not able to even get out of bed or use their limbs. Many are hooked to machines that sustain their lives, but at what cost? If a person lives long enough, chances are their quality of life will lessen to the point that death will be welcomed with open arms. Quality is more important then a year number I feel.

Frank

This thread has been viewed 34461 times.

Back