HUNTING: The Cruel Sport of Depravity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strongvoiceforward has notified my by private message that he is no longer going to respond to me because I failed to take Reiku to task for calling him an ignorant Hitler wannabe. I guess that showed me. He says now that he is going to try to debunk Christianity. First attack hunting, meat eating, animal testing, and other large elements of culture in the name of Animal Rights, then defend eco-terrorist and their tactics. Now attack an ancient faith. I personnaly would prefer an old bible thumping street preacher on my corner than this person telling me self-rightously how to live, what I can eat and what I should believe based on strange analogies. I'm off to walk my Zombie Bunny in the rain. Fair well strongvoiceforward. I hope you can respond to other carniverous people of faith for a more extended period in the future.

Years ago, before those concerned with animals began growing in numbers and organizations, on NBC there was a show titled, ?gSay Good-bye,?h which showed a lot of animal killing scenes by hunters. When this show aired the feedback was immediate and thousands of letters poured into sponsors of the show thanking them for highlighting the cruelties in which animals are targeted for.

The hunters and their orgs were embarrassed and outraged that they should have been so exposed on national tv for their savagry. What is funny, they began sending out en-mass to their fraternity of blood junkies, requests for them to write local TV stations encouraging producers to censor the film if it were to be shown in their market. They wrote to their followers:

?gSportsmen (
snicker snicker) should contact local TV stations, libraries, and schools in their areas and urge (a) that these organizations not obtain copies of the film if they have not already done so and (b) if they already have the film suggest the following segments be edited out:

I. the last 50 or so seconds of the first segment in which hunters are shown clubbing baby fur seals to death.

II. the last 50 seconds of the second segment showing the shooting of prarie dogs.

III. a segment where a polar bear is tranquilized with a dart in front of her cubs.

IV. a close up of people skinning a girraffe they had just killed and were preparing to eat.?h

Sure they want all that to not get on the airways to the masses who are not hunters. It exposes their cult for their sport (snicker snicker) for what it is and they know people will immediately identify it for what it is -- cruel and unnecessary, if not out right revolting. It could only damage future membership in their fraternity of pain and suffering.

To them hunting is part of the ?gAmerican?h way and America`s heritage. Likewise, they feel trying to exert a little censorship in suppressing the truth is also part of the American way.

Yeah, I can see why legitimate hunters wouldn't want to be misrepresented like that. A tv show that uses graphic violence, sensationalism, and portrays an isolated exaple of animal cruelty as the norm of hunting?

Gee, why would hunters feel alarmed at that?

Put it this way--why would it be bad to portray Jeffry Damer as the "norm" of humanity?

Clubbing baby seals indeed.

Better yet--lets find footage of a sociopath setting his cat on fire and use that as evidence against pet ownership.

By the way, kirei_na_me: Your suspicions were correct. I checked all of SVF's posts, and these are the only two that weren't either about animal rights or from his new anti-christianity thread were these:

strongvoicesforward said:
I would like to see the font style changed to a "Times New Roman" font at a 3 or 4 point size. A "Times" font is much easier on the eyes and the motion of the eye from left to right goes much more smoothly. There is a reason why all major newspapers choose the "Times New Roman" font, and that is what I just explained.

Doesn`t the following look better than the above?:

I would like to see the font style changed to a "Times New Roman" font at a 3 or 4 point size. A "Times" font is much easier on the eyes and the motion of the eye from left to right goes much more smoothly. There is a reason why all major newspapers choose the "Times New Roman" font, and that is what I just explained.
-------------------------------------------

One more thing I would like to see is:

At the top of the main forum page menu on the right, have a list of the most recent 10 posts. That way people wouldn`t have to search for recent posts and people will click into categories that they may not be inclined to visit. This would increase discussion and broaden peoples' perspectives and interests as they visit other threads. The recent postings would always be changing so it would really give the board that "hopping and happening" image.

strongvoicesforward said:
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to say "hi" to everyone before I started posting on topics that interest me. Looks like a lot of discussion going on here and am looking forward to jumping in.

I will mainly discuss vegetarianism and animal rights/welfare issues. I also enjoy religious discussion as well. That's it for now.

strongvoicesforward

He claims to be intersted in Nihingo and martial arts, but after more than 150 posts, averaging 17.53 posts a day--not one of them has been on these subjects.

I never had any doubts, but in case anyone else did:

strongvoicesforward is only here to promote his political views, not become a meaningful participant in this community

That's not spamming...

...it's trolling.

I think this thread has gone a little too far. I will therefore close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 110917 times.

Back