Serb and Croat genes

It's absurd to claim Coon was a charlatan based on the prescribed self-evident racism of the time he lived. You have to create a presumption, which is, that everyone was racist and racism was not controversial.

It's absurd to claim that personal racism influenced his scientific opinions about anthropology and race. If you have any evidence of this, present it. This Coon is racist, therefore his ideas have no relevance can be attributed to almost any philosopher from Hume, Schopenhauer, Mill, Kant, Nietzsche to Aristotle, Socrates, and Plato. There's no evidence that what they contributed as people of higher intellectual abilities to the knowledge of humanity was negatively influenced by their personal and or observational bias, and, probably, even made them more clearminded in theorhetical aspects. Almost everyone was racist prior to a certain liberalism of ideas, and this liberalism is not scientifically grounded, which constitute simple propoganda. Genetic differences of IQ exist. That's a fact, not an opinion.

That being said, I would imagine that "Croatian" by all means is correlated with Y-Haplogroup I2a2 and the frequency of it is correlated with nationalism ie. as seen in WWII where all the Croatian leaders came from Hercegovina and parts where I2a2 was at the largest level. Northern Croatia can never be considered purely Croatian since they are unprotected by the Diranic mountains from invasion. Geographic barriers create culture and race, not fictional boundaries. Croatians are Dinaric people.

It's absurd to claim Coon was a charlatan based on the prescribed self-evident racism of the time he lived. You have to create a presumption, which is, that everyone was racist and racism was not controversial.
It's absurd to claim that personal racism influenced his scientific opinions about anthropology and race. If you have any evidence of this, present it. This Coon is racist, therefore his ideas have no relevance can be attributed to almost any philosopher from Hume, Schopenhauer, Mill, Kant, Nietzsche to Aristotle, Socrates, and Plato. There's no evidence that what they contributed as people of higher intellectual abilities to the knowledge of humanity was negatively influenced by their personal and or observational bias, and, probably, even made them more clearminded in theorhetical aspects. Almost everyone was racist prior to a certain liberalism of ideas, and this liberalism is not scientifically grounded, which constitute simple propoganda. Genetic differences of IQ exist. That's a fact, not an opinion.
That being said, I would imagine that "Croatian" by all means is correlated with Y-Haplogroup I2a2 and the frequency of it is correlated with nationalism ie. as seen in WWII where all the Croatian leaders came from Hercegovina and parts where I2a2 was at the largest level. Northern Croatia can never be considered purely Croatian since they are unprotected by the Diranic mountains from invasion. Geographic barriers create culture and race, not fictional boundaries. Croatians are Dinaric people.

Tell that to the American Anthropological Society (AAA), the British Royal Anthropological Institute and all world-class universities. The facts are clear, Coon was essentially a racist fraud and delusional, to say the least. He had plenty of opportunities to cure his numerous misinterpretations and exaggerations concerning any number of ethnicities but did not. Unlike Kant, Hume, etc, Coon had, to some degree, the benefits of modern science, but failed to utilize appropriate constructs. He was thrown out of the AAA because of it. The man was deposited into the dust-bin of history a while ago.

BTW, my statements on Coon have nothing to do with Croatia. I would think that Croatians are primarily Dinaric. No big deal there.

Furthermore, the 1960s were a controversial time for racial theories, and Coon's cousin Carleton Putnam suggested that Coon's work, among others, justified segregation. Coon stepped down as President of the American Association of Physical Anthropologists in disgust after the association voted to censure Putnam's book '.

http://www.spiritus-temporis.com/carleton-s-coon/

If this is not racism I don't know what it is...

Tell that to the American Anthropological Society (AAA), the British Royal Anthropological Institute and all world-class universities. The facts are clear, Coon was essentially a racist fraud and delusional, to say the least. He had plenty of opportunities to cure his numerous misinterpretations and exaggerations concerning any number of ethnicities but did not. Unlike Kant, Hume, etc, Coon had, to some degree, the benefits of modern science, but failed to utilize appropriate constructs. He was thrown out of the AAA because of it. The man was deposited into the dust-bin of history a while ago.
BTW, my statements on Coon have nothing to do with Croatia. I would think that Croatians are primarily Dinaric. No big deal there.
No one cares about the AAA. Intellectual inquiry is not a judgment of the herd, ie. the AAA, it's a judgment of fact and reasoning. If reasoning and fact don't coincide with herd objectives, science wears thin on the nature of its inquiry. If you subjugate you work to the herd, you face the scrutiny of it and their will.

Nothing you have stated proves what Coon wrote was not factually accurate to the ability he had to interpret the facts in his time. He was an anthropologist and a Harvard professor 60 years ago. Science has progressed in terms of genetics that give us better insight of populations. It does not discredit his work. And to attempt to discredit it based on a presumption that he was racist is idiotic.

http://www.spiritus-temporis.com/carleton-s-coon/
If this is not racism I don't know what it is...
I don't know where your understanding of fact and fiction from, but any European intellect prior to the 1940's was racist - which means nothing of the basis of their work. It's personal opinion and you have yet to prove that his opinion either a) does not have a basis in scientific fact, b) altered his work as to make it less accurate.

Opinions against censorship are racist? And what does racism have to do with the scientific work of the author? His work is either factually correct to his best ability and understanding, or not.

Do the research... Coon's work was based on outdated, essentially INCORRECT constructs. He actually codified northern "races" as industrious and southern "races" as lazy... :LOL: The man has no defense. What's you point? Are you in extreme denial?

Opinions against censorship are racist? And what does racism have to do with the scientific work of the author? His work is either factually correct to his best ability and understanding, or not.

You mean scientifically incorrect work...

He actually codified northern "races" as industrious and southern "races" as lazy...
Wait...isn't that what Lebrok said in the economic thread ? :LOL:

No one cares about the AAA. Intellectual inquiry is not a judgment of the herd, ie. the AAA, it's a judgment of fact and reasoning. If reasoning and fact don't coincide with herd objectives, science wears thin on the nature of its inquiry. If you subjugate you work to the herd, you face the scrutiny of it and their will.
Nothing you have stated proves what Coon wrote was not factually accurate to the ability he had to interpret the facts in his time. He was an anthropologist and a Harvard professor 60 years ago. Science has progressed in terms of genetics that give us better insight of populations. It does not discredit his work. And to attempt to discredit it based on a presumption that he was racist is idiotic.

Coon's work was not only racist, it was scientifically INCORRECT (yes, for his time, incorrect). Some of his material was terribly exaggerated and, in certain instances, fabricated to fit outdated and INCORRECT notions.

What's our agenda? Are you in denial for some strange reason? The only Coon supporters I am aware of have racist inclinations and use his garbage to assuage personal feelings of ethnic insecurity. Hey, maybe you also think that global warming isn't real...:LOL:

Wasn't Coon works from the 50's and 60's ?? Who believes in this nut-job ? Probably the same people who belives in DNA-Tribes, iGenea, and Nazi fantasies, pure AMATEUR crap. Obviously, in this forum Coon has no place.

Oh my,am I halucinating or is this Coon junior:LOL:
Northern Croatia not purely Croatian,go visit pshychiatrist please:innocent:

Wasn't Coon works from the 50's and 60's ?? Who believes in this nut-job ? Probably the same people who belives in DNA-Tribes, iGenea, and Nazi fantasies, pure AMATEUR crap. Obviously, in this forum Coon has no place.
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Everyone now, let's have a nice big group laugh for all Coon supporters... :grin:

Seems that Sprinkles is more or less on Coon's level,unfortunately.
What is an argument for him-that most of Croatian WW2 (Nazi btw.) leaders came from area where I2a2 is the highest:LOL:

"No one cares about the AAA". Interesting statement... :rolleyes:

Just look at the hatred you are spewing in your anti Latin America posts!

Stop harassing me and get a life a**hole. If you ever suggest again I'm a racist I'm going to ask Maciamo for your ban. You have been warning.

He actually codified northern "races" as industrious and southern "races" as lazy...

Wait...isn't that what Lebrok said in the economic thread ?

Yes indeed. Funny enough and she goes around claiming others of being racist. This LeTroll needs to get a clue.

Oh my,am I halucinating or is this Coon junior:LOL:
Northern Croatia not purely Croatian,go visit pshychiatrist please:innocent:
Apparently you don't understand or have difficult understanding evolution due to geographic barriers. Imaginary lines don't further any understanding of a populations, or what genes comprise of those people, and what makes them act altruistically. Races and boundaries are created by geographic isolation, which allow mutations and also hinder gene flow from outside sources. Northern Croatia is not protected by geographic boundaries from others portions of europe. Hercegovina is.

As you well know, all of B/H was Croatia, all of Montenegro and parts of Albania.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Croatia

Coon's work was not only racist, it was scientifically INCORRECT (yes, for his time, incorrect). Some of his material was terribly exaggerated and, in certain instances, fabricated to fit outdated and INCORRECT notions.

What's our agenda? Are you in denial for some strange reason? The only Coon supporters I am aware of have racist inclinations and use his garbage to assuage personal feelings of ethnic insecurity. Hey, maybe you also think that global warming isn't real...:LOL:
1) I never said I believed anything Coon wrote.
2) I stated that you should present evidence where you feel he is factually inaccurate.
3) I stated that racism in the past has no impact on any measure of scientific achievement or intellectual inquiry.
4) I stated that it's impossible to judge the work of someone by whether or not that someone is racist.
5) You have presented no proof that Coon was racist, only that he resigned due to censorship - which is a well accepted practice in science.

This thread has been viewed 189726 times.

Back