Serb and Croat genes

Do the research... Coon's work was based on outdated, essentially INCORRECT constructs. He actually codified northern "races" as industrious and southern "races" as lazy... :LOL: The man has no defense. What's you point? Are you in extreme denial?
Coon was a physical anthropologist. I haven't read much of his work, maybe a few paragraphs, but to discredit his work based on the idea that he's racist is not logic. That is my only view on the subject, to make asserts otherwise, and falsify what i have stated, is an extreme error in rhetoric.

Coon was a physical anthropologist. I haven't read much of his work, maybe a few paragraphs, but to discredit his work based on the idea that he's racist is fictional logic. That is my only view on the subject, to make asserts otherwise, and falsify what i have stated is an extreme error in rhetoric.

His work is scientifically INCORRECT and has been discredited may times over. If you are so interested in defending (it seems) a charlatan, that's your problem. The criticism of Coon can be found with relative ease. Please educate yourself.

Coon was a physical anthropologist. I haven't read much of his work, maybe a few paragraphs, but to discredit his work based on the idea that he's racist is not logic. That is my only view on the subject, to make asserts otherwise, and falsify what i have stated, is an extreme error in rhetoric.
Yes it is very logic. A phyisical anthropologist who is racist, is biased ,thus his works cannot be objective.

Let's try to dispense of this argument and get to a general notion of what constitutes racism and then we can further elaborate what the impact of racism would be in scientific inquiry. If you could define racism, this argument would indeed be much simpler for me to proceed with. Otherwise, we seem to be at a point in which we are having difficulty understanding the general flow of the argument since opinions are compromising the logical discourse of the thread.

I will be back later and await a response.

Apparently you don't understand or have difficult understanding evolution due to geographic barriers. Imaginary lines don't further any understanding of a populations, or what genes comprise of those people, and what makes them act altruistically. Races and boundaries are created by geographic isolation, which allow mutations and also hinder gene flow from outside sources. Northern Croatia is not protected by geographic boundaries from others portions of europe. Hercegovina is.

As you well know, all of B/H was Croatia, all of Montenegro and parts of Albania.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Croatia

and what...the...F*CK...this has to do with the Croatianhood of northern Croats?You are aware that northern Croats,both genetically and anthropologically,are more close to original Croats than your dinaric 'ubermensch' Herzegovinians?

Let's try to dispense of this argument and get to a general notion of what constitutes racism and then we can further elaborate what the impact of racism would be in scientific inquiry. If you could define racism, this argument would indeed be much simpler for me to proceed with. Otherwise, we seem to be at a point in which we are having difficulty understanding the general flow of the argument since opinions are compromising the logical discourse of the thread.
I will be back later and await a response.

We are dealing with FACTS here, not opinion. Everything we know about Coon indicates he was an arrogant racist, plain and simple. Fundamentally, if you perceive the world in racist terms your "scientific" pursuits will be affected accordingly and the conclusions you arrive at will be VERY wrong. As an example, Coon believed that certain "races" were superior to others and he used terribly old, erroneous and opinionated information to codify peoples as X or Y, usually without PROPER qualification. He was a notorious cherry picker and prone to oversimplification. I could go on and on about this pathetic mountebank, but it would likely bore the audience.

Simply put, once you start from the premise that a group of people (A) is better or naturally superior in some fashion to another group (B), your thought processes will automatically become compromised. Science deals with reality, with fact, not fantasy, not distortion. Coon many times avoided reality and concocted racial fantasies / distortions to fit his twisted notions about any number of populations. Now, fill in the blanks...

Last edited:
my friend just said(dealing with another subject) as an example,that there are practically no Portuguese women with light hair:)

my friend just said(dealing with another subject) as an example,that there are practically no Portuguese women with light hair:)

The percentage of light hair in Portugal is 10. Is one of the lowest percentages in europe, but I can't understand what's the problem about that.

By the way, I think there are more women in Portugal with light hair than men. I have no data about this, but simply by observation is the sensation I have.

Tell your friend to com here :)

What planet is he on? Light hair runs from white blond to light brown. Portuguese women are predominantly brunette (there is a wide range of shades in the category), but it is not all that uncommon to find naturally blond haired women; and there are some regional percentage differentials. I am not suggesting that you have a large percentage of very light blonds in Portugal. Light hair, however, averages out to medium blond.

Also, I don't know were the 10% Portugal blond or light hair figure provided by another member comes from but, given what I have seen and read (from reputable sources), a more realistic percentage is around 20%, about the same as Spain. I'll see if I can provide some references.

In any case there is hardly a comprehensive light hair study out there for Europe that has reasonable credibility.

Last edited:

Is this the Coon disciple? :LOL: Have him take a month off from his confused thinking and travel throughout Portugal..:LOL:

If he has problems seeing, make sure he gets a good pair of glasses.

The percentage of light hair in Portugal is 10. Is one of the lowest percentages in europe, but I can't understand what's the problem about that.

By the way, I think there are more women in Portugal with light hair than men. I have no data about this, but simply by observation is the sensation I have.

European men universally have darker hair on average compared to European women. The testosterone effect.

Honestly, I do not think the percentage of light hair in Portugal, is as you say, as well serinus said, the percentage should be about 10% ..

Greetings from Argentina.

PS: I am writing with Google translator.

I can't believe how defencive Iberians are against suggestion of small percentage of blonds in their countries.
So freakin what? Does the less percentage of blonds makes you less European?
Nobody is suggesting otherwise, not even Latinos. It's just in your heads.
Actually defending this, you are insinuating to all of us that this is a big deal for you! You suggesting that you want to be more blond. More blond in your eyes is more European.
Stop doing yourselves misservice, we like you for whatever you are, 10% or 100% blond, I don't give a squat.

I can't believe how defencive Iberians are against suggestion of small percentage of blonds in their countries.
Actually defending this, you are insinuating to all of us that this is a big deal for you! You suggesting that you want to be more blond. More blond in your eyes is more European.
Stop doing yourselves misservice, we like you for whatever you are, 10% or 100% blond, I don't give a squat.
You're right in their statements, the Iberians give as much importance to hair color ..
The blond hair is not very common in Spain and Portugal, perhaps in regions such as Galicia / Galiza, the blond hair is a little more frequent than in the rest of the peninsula, but still it should not be above 15%

Greetings from Argentina

I agree with you.

blondism in Spain is about 20%.

10% seems very low, I don't think it is correct. It is double of that, about 17-20%

This thread has been viewed 189943 times.

Back