Who were and are the Albanians and their DNA

The only way to preserve the Gheg language is for Kosovo to announce that Gheg is the official language of Kosovo .............they should also should have changed the country from Kosovo to Dardania ( historical name ) or something else, because as long as the term kosovo remains, the serbs will make a claim on it.

The only way to preserve the Gheg language is for Kosovo to announce that Gheg is the official language of Kosovo .............they should also should have changed the country from Kosovo to Dardania ( historical name ) or something else, because as long as the term kosovo remains, the serbs will make a claim on it.
You do realize that Gheg is spoken in Albania as well at a great extent, half of the population or so speak Gheg Albanian? And Gheg isn't a separate language for it to be called "Gheg language"

I don't think that a discussion between Noli, Konica, Fishta, etc, would have concluded in a blah, blah, blah...

Obviously with bla, bla, bla I clearly meant that in the 1930s Gheg would have been found to be better suited to answer the challenges of the time, just because of who had the power to impose their will. At that time it was Zogu and the official language was Gheg, later it was Hoxha and it became Tosk. It's as simple as that. By the way, If you believe Noli would have been invited in such a discussion in the 30s you are hugely mistaken. I'm not sure any of them would have been there.

My point is that our obligation in this moment is simply to preserve our language. We don't have in this moment scholars, institutions and state structures able to undertake language reforms, if this is necessary. Persons who insist in this direction have obscure and anti-Albanian agendas.

I don't have any agenda, and if you must know I'm fine with the current standard. But you said Tosk was chosen for its merits, and that's not the case. If you want to answer, please focus on this main point rather than my use of bla-s.

Obviously with bla, bla, bla I clearly meant that in the 1930s Gheg would have been found to be better suited to answer the challenges of the time, just because of who had the power to impose their will. At that time it was Zogu and the official language was Gheg, later it was Hoxha and it became Tosk. It's as simple as that. By the way, If you believe Noli would have been invited in such a discussion in the 30s you are hugely mistaken. I'm not sure any of them would have been there.

I don't have any agenda, and if you must know I'm fine with the current standard. But you said Tosk was chosen for its merits, and that's not the case. If you want to answer, please focus on this main point rather than my use of bla-s.

I didn't said that you have an agenda.

You do realize that Gheg is spoken in Albania as well at a great extent, half of the population or so speak Gheg Albanian? And Gheg isn't a separate language for it to be called "Gheg language"
you do understand that I am aiming for world wide recognition for gheg and time will show, that the national imposed language will be taught to the young and the other languages will be lost.
example italy
formed 1860......census at the time 22Million.........% that spoke italian at that time was 2% .............Italy imposed Tuscan italian ( basically from Siena south tuscany) .............% as of 2014 that speak this italian is about 96% ... most of the other languages of italy are classified as in danger of extinction by the EU apart from veneto, sicilian, sardinian

you do understand that I am aiming for world wide recognition for gheg and time will show, that the national imposed language will be taught to the young and the other languages will be lost.
example italy
formed 1860......census at the time 22Million.........% that spoke italian at that time was 2% .............Italy imposed Tuscan italian ( basically from Siena south tuscany) .............% as of 2014 that speak this italian is about 96% . most of the other languages of italy are in classified as in danger of extinction by the EU apart from veneto, sicilian, sardinian
Just no, the largest Albanian diaspora are Ghegs so they won't be losing the dialect soon as well as the fact that the Albanian in Kosovo is entirely Gheg, so Albanians outside Albania won't lose the dialect. Anyways Albanian families in the north speak Gheg Albanian at home and not Tosk, certain areas don't even teach the standard dialect at schools afaik

What conclusion ..........its fact, tosk is the national language.........get the government to bring it back to pre -communist then........its the people that need to make the changes......just remember that over time the young will only know about tosk.
imaginary? ..........i work with him, he is albanian -macedonia...does that make him not albanian ........I do not know how your "rules" apply.
I know you just follow the nonsense of "from illyrian " like most, due to nationalistic propganda, ...........there is no genetic, linguistic or historical proof that will ever be accepted by you..........the ****** are the ones here spinning these fabrications..........it is very clear, if you want to be illyrians, you must claim also to be non balkan people from noricum because that is where history first notes the illyrians, that is where history notes the celtic-illyrian merger to form halstatt culture...........if you want to believe your illyrian , then believe this, if you want to believe that albanians where always in the balkans and you where there in the early iron-age, bronze-age or before, then you cannot be illyrian ..........you cannot have it both ways .
For some history of people starts at different times ............you are one of these

Albanians don’t have it both ways, normally we prefer the right way.....

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

I have to agree with Ownstyler and although we all have opinions, in this regard I know he's right and the reasons Laberia is providing are very weak.

What happened in 1972 was considered a crime by many linguists, scholars, and intellectuals in general, many of them being from South, and the 2 bravest of them all weren't even allowed to participate, them being Gurakuqi and Ndoja. If the others had planned to disagree they could as well have said their final goodbyes to their beloved ones and catch the concentration camp bus, like many did.

It's disgusting and stupid to even think people had a choice and a big intellectual conversation was help where scholars had the freedom of speech. If you believe so, then you're the grandson of a communist aka compatriot cold blooded killer and disgusting buttlicker.

The actual Standardization was done so badly and in a rush that even I can find laughable mistakes and things they missed.

I am wondering where Sile is from.... since there is no data in the profile

Vari lesht atij po lexo këtë carin tonë se ça thotë. Pse nuk vazhdojnë të lozin me haplogrupet e çun xhaje apo çun halle por merren me keto gjëra që nuk ja kanë haberin?

I have to agree with Ownstyler and although we all have opinions, in this regard I know he's right and the reasons Laberia is providing are very weak.

What happened in 1972 was considered a crime by many linguists, scholars, and intellectuals in general, many of them being from South, and the 2 bravest of them all weren't even allowed to participate, them being Gurakuqi and Ndoja. If the others had planned to disagree they could as well have said their final goodbyes to their beloved ones and catch the concentration camp bus, like many did.

It's disgusting and stupid to even think people had a choice and a big intellectual conversation was help where scholars had the freedom of speech. If you believe so, then you're the grandson of a communist aka compatriot cold blooded killer and disgusting buttlicker.

The actual Standardization was done so badly and in a rush that even I can find laughable mistakes and things they missed.

Come on... leave the politics out of this discussion, don’t ruin this thread called Albanians and their DNA.

Vari lesht atij po lexo këtë carin tonë se ça thotë. Pse nuk vazhdojnë të lozin me haplogrupet e çun xhaje apo çun halle por merren me keto gjëra që nuk ja kanë haberin?

English plz,
Or I will report,

For wich "cari ion" are you talking about, just for knowledge?

P.S. i writed in english to not piss of yetos.

For wich "cari ion" are you talking about, just for knowledge?

P.S. i writed in english to not piss of yetos.

That guy is a clown. No one tells him to stop speaking Greek when he babbles on. Let him put himself on a leash. We don't bend.

I am wondering where Sile is from.... since there is no data in the profile

Born Australia

ancient admixture........... 99% european ....1% central asian ( Dahae confederation )......what else you want to know

Just no, the largest Albanian diaspora are Ghegs so they won't be losing the dialect soon as well as the fact that the Albanian in Kosovo is entirely Gheg, so Albanians outside Albania won't lose the dialect. Anyways Albanian families in the north speak Gheg Albanian at home and not Tosk, certain areas don't even teach the standard dialect at schools afaik

just finished reading all these links below.....it seems like Gheg , IMO will be extinct in 50 years

http://www.ecmikosovo.org/en/Curren.../Official-Language-Acquisition-in-Kosovo-2016

http://www.beinkosovo.com/languages-spoken-in-kosovo/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gheg_Albanian

http://www.cafebabel.co.uk/lifestyle/article/gheg-or-tosk-dialect-still-divides-kosovo.html

https://www.omniglot.com/writing/albanian.htm

Reading this post, I thought to open a new thread to speak about communism in Albania. What caused it and what should we learn from it. ....language like “If you believe so, then you're the grandson of a communist aka compatriot cold blooded killer and disgusting buttlicker”, is offensive, alienating and does not help the discussion.

This thread has been viewed 700713 times.

Back