George W. Bush a great man?

Is George W. Bush to thank for democracy in the Middle-East?

• Yes, I think the war in Iraq made revolution possible.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No!

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • Not sure...

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
I'm for EU boots on the ground to finish Daesh. Even though I know it will create political vacuum and perhaps new ethnic conflicts.
Yes, and after Assad and his guys from Russia and Iran could keep Syria and Iraq. No way. Even the most weak state can defeat the ISIS. We should not leave Iraq and Syria under the control of Iran and Russia. Russians should be out of there

I agree that an estimate is really an educated guess. But with GWB it is a very guess. His removal of Saddam Hussein which set the ball rolling for 'regime change' got us this refugees problem and the whole of Eupedia is front and center about illegal migrants. Can you not see the connection about who the dolt is who started this?
If you ask me I hope that Obama allows the Israel to send some bombings onto Iran. Bush was a great president. He was not allowed to finish his job.

He just accelerated the process. Dictators don't last forever. A recent case of Syria or Egypt are indicators of the imminent changes. The outcome turned different in Egypt than in Syria. However it is not the end of the hoopla. More to come from Near East.
Come on. Look at to Japan. It's a wonderful country today. Freedom works.
God bless USA.
[emoji631] [emoji636] [emoji629] [emoji627]

He just accelerated the process. Dictators don't last forever. A recent case of Syria or Egypt are indicators of the imminent changes. The outcome turned different in Egypt than in Syria. However it is not the end of the hoopla. More to come from Near East.

middle East is not Europe,
there is big difference,
an Armagedon can start from there,
we do not play with middle East and China today,

EMPIRES AND RELIGIOUS STATES DROP FROM INSIDE,
NOT FROM OUTSIDE,

You think that middle eastern people are different by the rest of the world. You mean their DNA has a problem? Do you ever heard about Babylon?

I said exactly the opposite:
In my opinion, the whole (...) routine is one of the key factors that allowed radical Islam to grow and expand in the past 60 or so years.

By that 'routine' I meant the US (or the West in general) propping up of despots like Saddam Hussein and Hosni Mubarak because they believed that was the lesser evil. Following the demise of Pan-Arabism, by denying the prospect of democracy, the West inadvertedly stood by while radical Islam promoted itself as a viable alternative.

Do you know that the German industry was superior against the industry of Soviet union. The Russian war industry was supported by the American British industry. Germans already were fighting in Africa against Britain and USA. The German defeat by the Russians is rather a legend.

Tell me, how many British and US soldiers fought at Kursk or Stalingrad (hint: not a single one)? Which country had the most casualties and had to pay the dearest price for victory against Nazi Germany (hint: the Soviet Union). Regarding American support, yes, lend-lease existed, but I think that it contributed comparably little to the Soviet war effort (perhaps with exception of the trucks provided by Lend-lease)- they only sped up the inevitable. But at that point (late 1941) it should be added that the British and Americans were overtly pessimistic how the Soviet Union would fare against Nazi Germany, which was one of the key factors for the Soviet Union to be included in lend-lease.

Of course we all know that Joseph Stalin was a nightmarish despot in his own right, but the Soviet Union made the biggest contribution towards defeating Nazi Germany, in particular in terms of fielding manpower and in terms of casualties.

You already have a caliphate. Iran.

Shia Islam doesn't do the "caliphate". Unless you count Ali, the fourth of the Rashidun caliphs (which is regarded with special providence in Shia Islam).

Churchill purpose was not stopping till they get to Moscow, but Roosevelt disagreed with him unfortunately.

Its called Operation Unthinkable, because that's what it would have ammounted to: doing the unthinkable. Churchill had the charming idea of re-arming German war-criminals against the Soviet Union. Basically World War III at the conclusion of World War II, a really great idea. We can all be thankful that this was cancelled off.

So British and American soldiers have to fight in Kursk and Stalingrad because Stalin and Hitler did not respect the agreements that were signed between them?

middle East is not Europe,
there is big difference,
an Armagedon can start from there,
we do not play with middle East and China today,

EMPIRES AND RELIGIOUS STATES DROP FROM INSIDE,
NOT FROM OUTSIDE,
We all know that middle east is not Europe, but despite this, everyone needs freedom.
I'm for the second Punic war. Let it be.

Taranis,
1- no one of those dictators you just mentioned was akin with Pinochet. We need there dictators who agree with USA and implement there the democratic reforms step by step, like Pinochet did in Chile.
2- Luftwaffe was destroyed by the USA and the British air fleet. If the German Luftwaffe was as a whole against the Soviets, Germany was the winner. If you have a superior air force you win the war. All the rest are fairytales romantic propaganda. USA bombed everything in Germany. They destroyed the whole military fabrics.
3- the Islam republic of Iran has already many Islamic laws by the sharia constitution . The ayatollah is the supreme leader. The president can't be elected without the permission of the ayatollah. This state is ruled by the holy imams, and is almost anti democratic. Every woman should be covered. For me it's a sort of caliphate, no matter what they calls it.
The imam Ali was the last of the right caliphs afterward the death of prophet.
5- I disagree about Churchill. For me it was a good idea. His idea was to continue the marching till they defeat the Soviets. Just imagine how could be the world today . USA and British armies were much superior than the Soviets, during that time. Soviets provided the atomic bomb only in 1951 if I remember well. Someone help me with this. USA had the a much more air force than the Soviets

This thread has been viewed 39294 times.

Back