What is the most common Y Dna Haplogroup in Sicily and Southern Italy?

There is a funny video on youtube, you can find it serach: Italian-Indian

it is really true.

Thats a good one, though he is referring to Italians not southern ones (I hope that dosen't make you angry :grin:) more related to the humor thread. Standing comedians are great just love them.

Something more related to the subject since I was curious with your interesting analysis. I thought you had a new study or something similar.

• A 2013 study by Peristera Paschou et al. confirms that the Mediterranean Sea has acted as a strong barrier to gene flow through geographic isolation following initial settlements. Samples from (Northern) Italy, Tuscany, Sicily and Sardinia are closest to other Southern Europeans from Iberia, the Balkans and Greece, who are in turn closest to the Neolithic migrants that spread farming throughout Europe, represented here by the Cappadocian sample from Anatolia. But there hasn't been any significant admixture from the Middle East or North Africa into Italy and the rest of Southern Europe since then.[29]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_Italy

Totally agree, the phenotype also confirming your post, but the south Italians do not accept their past and they get angry with this subject. They consider themselves "Mediterranean" without ancestry in Africa and Mesopotamia (their DNA is for the 50% J2 and E1bu1) and of course they do not consider "Mediterranean" the country such Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria, Iraq, etc. ... strange, right?

Do you really think that?i think you are a ***** of a 'friend of mine' :confused:
By the way the Berber-North African haplogroup in South Italy is 1,5% in Sicily and 0,8% in the Mainlander Southern Italy which is a very negligible percentage. J2 is high but came from the neolithic revolution and not by Arab conquest etc. since Arabs carry J1 and this haplogroup is not that common in the South Italy.
E1b1b1 is mostly Balkan (E-V13) or with other subclades like E-M35, E-M123 who are also present in the rest of South Europe. Even in the North Italy.
Phenotypes?look at these photos and you can see the big differences.

Sicilians the first two

These are from Calabria

Campania

Lecce

And now.

Iraq

Tunisians

Moroccans

If you think that they look alike you are blind.

Attachments

• unnamed-24.jpg
    unnamed-24.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 58
Do you really think that?i think you are a ***** of a 'friend of mine' :confused:
By the way the Berber-North African haplogroup in South Italy is 1,5% in Sicily and 0,8% in the Mainlander Southern Italy which is a very negligible percentage. J2 is high but came from the neolithic revolution and not by Arab conquest etc. since Arabs carry J1 and this haplogroup is not that common in the South Italy.
E1b1b1 is mostly Balkan (E-V13) or with other subclades like E-M35, E-M123 who are also present in the rest of South Europe. Even in the North Italy.
Phenotypes?look at these photos and you can see the big differences.

Sicilians the first two.

Stop acting so defensive and desperate to prove that there are no genetic connections of South Italy to other mediterranean populations. It doesn't say much about Algerians or Lebanese but it says a lot about you, about set of your mind.

Stop acting so defensive and desperate to prove that there are no genetic connections of South Italy to other mediterranean populations. It doesn't say much about Algerians or Lebanese but it says a lot about you, about set of your mind.
Lol just like other southern Europeans we have some connection with other Mediterranean people but certainly we don't look nothing with north african and iraqis like that Feduzzo said. Look at my photos before to talk, easy to talk about stereotypes without set foot in South Italy!

Lol just like other southern Europeans we have some connection with other Mediterranean people but certainly we don't look nothing with north african and iraqis like that Feduzzo said. Look at my photos before to talk, easy to talk about stereotypes without set foot in South Italy!
Are you from southern Italy?

Well, I can't speak for Hauteville, but I certainly don't suffer from NEAD (Near Eastern Aversion Disorder...my own pop psych category, I hasten to add) and I also get pretty tired of this constant drumbeat about southern Italians from anthrofora types.

I believe there are one or two unfortunate souls who spend at least 18 hours a day in their mothers' basements churning out thousands of posts like this all over anthrofora. One young man now has City Data sites devoted to it, and a whole raft of Youtube videos. Lucky you if your attention hasn't been drawn to this phenomena.

The only difference between me and Hauteville is that I treat such posts with the disregard that they deserve. Well, at least most of the time. :)

Ed. I think the comments by our new poster have to be put in context in terms of the source and the motivation behind it.

Yes and we doesn't certainly look like North African and Iraqis.
There are however those Moroccans from the northwestern tip of Morocco that tend to have a high rate of blue eyes and red or blonde hair. not all north Africans are the same. In fact, there's a huge difference between say, north Libyans and their southern countrymen, were talking about a Berber/Arab population in the north and a Sub Saharan one in the south.

There are however those Moroccans from the northwestern tip of Morocco that tend to have a high rate of blue eyes and red or blonde hair. not all north Africans are the same. In fact, there's a huge difference between say, north Libyans and their southern countrymen, were talking about a Berber/Arab population in the north and a Sub Saharan one in the south.
I know very well North Africans and I have also been there and even the purest Berbers (like Zidane) stand out everywhere in Italy. Few cases can pass in Southern Italy. The poster feduzzonitti is probably a guy who want to say that to trigger an hatred. He could b a Lega Nord member or to better say a ***** of someone i know or something like that.

I know very well North Africans and I have also been there and even the purest Berbers (like Zidane) stand out everywhere in Italy. Few cases can pass in Southern Italy. The poster feduzzonitti is probably a guy who want to say that to trigger an hatred. He is probably a Lega Nord member or something like that.
How much Greek influence do you think exists in southern Italy and eastern Sicily (perhaps less so culturally as that has been overtaken by Romanisation 2,000 years ago but genetically, i.e IBD with Greeks)?

How much Greek influence do you think exists in southern Italy and eastern Sicily (perhaps less so culturally as that has been overtaken by Romanisation 2,000 years ago but genetically, i.e IBD with Greeks)?
Not all southern Italy was colonized by the Greeks, the areas with bigger influences were East and South Sicily, South and Eastern Calabria and Salento though.

Not all southern Italy was colonized by the Greeks, the areas with bigger influences were East and South Sicily, South Calabria and Salento though.
Yea, the areas known as Magna Graecia. There are still a Greek speaking minority there.

I believe there are one or two unfortunate souls who spend at least 18 hours a day in their mothers' basements churning out thousands of posts like this all over anthrofora. One young man now has City Data sites devoted to it, and a whole raft of Youtube videos. Lucky you if your attention hasn't been drawn to this phenomena.

The only difference between me and Hauteville is that I treat such posts with the disregard that they deserve. Well, at least most of the time. :)

Ed. I think the comments by our new poster have to be put in context in terms of the source and the motivation behind it.

They are called T R O L L S I think there has been more then one on and off on these fora, usually making aggressive statements on their first post and probably same persons under different accounts :grin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/*****_(Internet)

oops sorry T R O L L is banned it seems..... one has to google for T R O L L (Internet) a good description there ;)

I didn't know this phenomenon because I'm not really into these so called "anthrofora". Anyway, I checked some of these fora and I found the posts and thread of a bunch of people you're talking about. I'm no psychologist but I think that at least some of them, but maybe all of them, have some sort of personality disorder. Ignoring their activities would even be healing for their minds. Unfortunately, the internet amplifies, and pervertedly exalts, weird theories, thoughts and obsessions of problematic people, instead of helping them.

What is the most common Y Dna Haplogroup in Sicily and Southern Italy? which Haplogroups links certain migrations in Sicily and Southern Italy from around the Mediterranean?
I think you are from Matera. That city was studied by Sarno and Boattini (but with only 25 samples) and the haplogroup frequency is.
E-V12 4%
E-V13 8%
E-V22 8%
E-M123 4%
G1-M285 4%
G2a 24%
I2-P215 4%
J2a 12%
J2b 8%
R1a 4%
R1b-M269 8%
R1b-U152 4%
T 8%

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0065441

I think you are from Matera. That city was studied by Sarno and Boattini (but with only 25 samples) and the haplogroup frequency is.
E-V12 4%
E-V13 8%
E-V22 8%
E-M123 4%
G1-M285 4%
G2a 24%
I2-P215 4%
J2a 12%
J2b 8%
R1a 4%
R1b-M269 8%
R1b-U152 4%
T 8%

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0065441
Very neolithic (G2) influenced, and also "ancient greek-like", if I'm not wrong. I read that neolithic italians (let's call them this way...), fled to mountain and faraway regions when italics came down the peninsula. Basilicata is quite far from the native area of italics, and it's a mountain region, too.

The only desperate people I see here a low level users like this "Adamo" who spreads false notions like "50% of South Italians are J2 or E1b1b carriers", while those haplogroups make a third of total y-dna lineages at best.

Also none is denying anything here, we just want to correct misinformation.

For example: the Levantine component ENF from Eurogenes K8 is about 65% in South Italians, 55% in North Italians and 45% in pure Nordic Germans/Central Europeans. It looks like a cline to me, which can be easily explained by Neolitich demic diffusion.

Also North Europeans have about 15-20% of ANE component which peaks in South American natives, so we must assume that North Europeans should look like mestizos...

Last edited:
Well, I can't speak for Hauteville, but I certainly don't suffer from NEAD (Near Eastern Aversion Disorder...my own pop psych category, I hasten to add) and I also get pretty tired of this constant drumbeat about southern Italians from anthrofora types.

Hahahahahaha

I dunno for you, but I really doubt that this unfortunate soul will ever post group photos of Southern Italians like these.

d8EbPYC.jpg

dTaqLWB.jpg

GukTi1x.jpg

nzBD8A1.jpg

jjlLMI8.jpg

The only desperate people I see here a low level users like this "Adamo" who spreads false notions like "50% of South Italians are J2 or E1b1b carriers", while those haplogroups make a third of total y-dna lineages at best.

Also North Europeans have about 15-20% of ANE component which peaks in South American natives, so we must assume that North Europeans should look like mestizos...

Also none is denying anything here, we just want to correct misinformation.

Are you sure you don't have NEAR syndrome?

This thread has been viewed 83506 times.

Back