East Asian: 7%
Central Asia: 6%

My Results (myorigins)

Southern Europe: 37%
Anatolian: 33%
Eastern Europe: 17%
East Asian: 7%
Central Asia: 6%

Interesting East Asian and Central Asian scores. I didn't think they'd be that high for some reason.

Interesting East Asian and Central Asian scores. I didn't think they'd be that high for some reason.

Why you are suprised? I didn't get it.

Why you are suprised? I didn't get it.

Nothing nefarious...I'm just going by some old speculations that it was under 10%. Not much of a difference, true.

In actual fact, the ANE component is a very minor player in Europe. It ranges from about 11% to 17%, with the only exception being southwest France, which has an extraordinarily low number of .13. Nowhere in Europe does the figure for ANE go above 20%. In the Near East it is higher, with some populations in the Caucasus getting 30%.
Interesting! According to Dodecad K12b, French_Basque has 0% from Caucasus. And according to Eurogenes K15, just 0,83% from West Asian.

mine

23andme has me at 99% european, but they cover only the last 500 years.
Indication that myOrigins goes back further than 500Years
Very different from mine (below). Strange!, since our results in Gedmatch are similar.

myOrigins1.jpg

It seems that Asia Minor reference population in myOrigins is the Armenian: https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/user-guide/family-finder-myftdna/myorigins-methodology/

Interesting! According to Dodecad K12b, French_Basque has 0% from Caucasus. And according to Eurogenes K15, just 0,83% from West Asian.

Very different from mine (below). Strange!, since our results in Gedmatch are similar.

View attachment 7219

It seems that Asia Minor reference population in myOrigins is the Armenian: https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/user-guide/family-finder-myftdna/myorigins-methodology/

my purple states North Mediterranean Basin ....your purple states southern Europe ..............my origins has different names and results for the same areas. This is how it work

Our pinks are different....mine includes Caucasus , yours does not

Each area has many names depending on what your origins tell them....so someone with a blue in the british isles area can only have Irish and Scottish as an example.

my purple states North Mediterranean Basin ....your purple states southern Europe ..............my origins has different names and results for the same areas. This is how it work

Our pinks are different....mine includes Caucasus , yours does not

Each area has many names depending on what your origins tell them....so someone with a blue in the british isles area can only have Irish and Scottish as an example.
I'm not sure if I understood you right.
The clusters are the same. They just had the names changed.
Your results above are from 1 year ago. See myOrigins in FTDNA now.

Here are my FTDNA closest match results (the match's mother is from Belluno; the father, from Venice):
myOrigins.jpg

Last edited:
My results by my origin:
Asia Minor % 70
Eastern Middle East %6
Western and central Europe %15
Eastern Europe %3
Northeast Asia %4
Central Asia %3
am I turkısh, Tatar, Azeri ?????? Mongoloid ??

These were my results(though I must admit it did not allow me to use the modified southeastern european calculator) so Idk how accurate this is. whoever added that version it is in view only.

I am Albanian

EEF: 78.45833506
WHG: 12.82318721
ANE: 8.718477732

Gedmatch EUTEST V2 K13

Population
North_Sea
Atlantic
Baltic
Eastern_Euro
West_Med
West_Asian
East_Med
-
Red_Sea
South_Asian
Southeast_Asian
-
Siberian
Amerindian
-
Oceanian
-
Northeast_African
-
Sub-Saharan
-

FTDNA My Origins

66% British
26% Scandinavia
7% Ashkenazi Diaspora
1% Central Asia

M081919_A3D925.gif

Do you have known Jewish ancestry? Your Ashkenazi score is meaningful

Screenshot-2017-04-13_11.45.34_LI.jpg

Gedmatch EUTEST V2 K13

Population
North_Sea35.51
Atlantic27.17
Baltic11.50
Eastern_Euro9.83
West_Med9.72
West_Asian2.67
East_Med-
Red_Sea1.36
South_Asian1.71
Southeast_Asian-
Siberian0.44
Amerindian-
Oceanian-
Northeast_African-
Sub-Saharan-

FTDNA My Origins

66% British
26% Scandinavia
7% Ashkenazi Diaspora
1% Central Asia

M081919_A3D925.gif

I have 4% Ashkenazi Diaspora with FTDNA but no Jewish ancestry.

Does anyone think they are picking up on a Mediterranean element?, obviously Ashkenazi is a blend of Jewish and European, it overlaps Italian and Greeks.

I was thinking my came over with the Romans.

Mine

East Europe 45%
Southeast Europe 45%
British Isles 4%
West Middle East 3%
Northeast Asia 2%
Traces: Siberia <1%

West Middle East and British Isles are obviously residues that didn't "fit" completely in the current East/Southeast Euro components.
The 2% Northeast Asian-like bit is consistent across calculators though. Usually I get 1.5% - 2% and I'm still wondering how ancient it is.

This thread has been viewed 64904 times.

Back