FTDNA MyOrigins

Here are my 23andme results, Im going to get a real ftdna test soon. The 23andme ancestry side is lacking but I got the health results before it was shut down so totally worth it.

Capture.jpgThese are at the 'Standard' level

This one is at the 'Speculative' level.
My girlfriend and I had a good laugh about the 0.1% south asian, whatever that gives me, it doesn't let me eat spicy food.

Capture.jpg Here are my Eurogenes k13 admixture results too, I uploaded my results from 23andme to GEDMatch. I really wish they had the k20 calculator on there used for the Lazaridis study. I would like to see how I fit in to that.
Capturex.JPG

Here are my Hunter Gatherer VS Farmer results, I think this one on GEDMatch is newer than that excel file that is floating around, probably better?

captureV.jpg

Here are my 23andme results, Im going to get a real ftdna test soon. The 23andme ancestry side is lacking but I got the health results before it was shut down so totally worth it.

View attachment 6431

FTDNA did a very good job for my uncle. It was able to tell he had Norwegian, British, Spanish, Native American, and west African ancestry. They did a good job for you to since they could tell you are British(you didn't score in any other category). FTDNA might be a waste of money.

I would like the FTDNA 37 marker Y DNA test, 23andme still uses the ISOGG tree from 2009 in determining which Y DNA markers to check.

My results are these: 85% european, 16% middle eastern (Anatolia & Caucasus). Being a northern italian, I'm not surprised by the fact my european is 69% North Mediterranean, anyway I expected some Central Coastal plains since the myOrigins population cluster for northern Italy is a mix between those two... The rest of my european (16%) is European Northlands instead... What do you think about it? Maybe some (strong) longobard or goth ancestry? Or some more recent admixture, in your opinion?
cut_myorigins.jpg

My results are these: 85% european, 16% middle eastern (Anatolia & Caucasus). Being a northern italian, I'm not surprised by the fact my european is 69% North Mediterranean, anyway I expected some Central Coastal plains since the myOrigins population cluster for northern Italy is a mix between those two... The rest of my european (16%) is European Northlands instead... What do you think about it? Maybe some (strong) longobard or goth ancestry? Or some more recent admixture, in your opinion?
View attachment 6477

These are the Archaeological traces (burial sites/settlements) of the Langobarden in Italy [mostly Friaul, Trentino, Lombardy, Piedmont and Emilia] so if your from or near from such a location than good/higher chances the 16% Northland is from them;
langobarden1.png

The 16% Middle East from the Anatolia and Caucasus seems the Neolithic area or later Pelasgian (Tyrrhenian) ancestry;

Hard to say... I have ancestors from, roughly, some of those areas - Veneto and Emilia - though most of my ancestry is from Liguria. The only thing that comes to my mind is the "nordic" look on the venetian side of my family - I mean, most of them have blue eyes, fair skin and are frequently blonde. I inherited some of these traits, too.
The Anatolia-Caucasus is considered a signature of neolithic expansion into Europe by FamilyTree and National Geographic. The Pelasgian theory is fascinating although ;)

My results:

my origins.jpg
Mars, my results are similar to yours:
80% Mediterranean, this was obvious and 16% Scandinavia, I think it's not Longobard, but maybe this is my Visigoth part....
But you also have to add:
2% of morocco: maybe my part of the Islamic conquest of the peninsula (berebr?). And, oh a big surprise! 2% of African (est afrincan pastoralist) guess also because the Islamic conquest, or maybe this is earlier?? what do you thing about this?

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.jpg
    Sin t?tulo.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 63
It's intriguing... It seems your DNA is a mosaic of different historic patterns... :) You haven't Anatolia and Caucasus, I though it was quite regular in southern europeans. You have some northern euro like me, it makes me think we actually inherited from the "barbarian" conquest of southern Europe during the late Roman Empire.
About the african traces, I think they depend on some afroasiatic and/or berberian ancestor from the early Middle Ages. I'm not good at quantifying these old influences, I mean, how old can it be? Anyways I think it's from the Moors. If it were, say, phoenician - they colonized the mediterranean coast of Spain - you should have some Anatolia & Caucasus, I think, but it's actually absent in your autosomal. More likely it's moor/arabian, IMHO.

It's intriguing... It seems your DNA is a mosaic of different historic patterns... :) You haven't Anatolia and Caucasus, I though it was quite regular in southern europeans. You have some northern euro like me, it makes me think we actually inherited from the "barbarian" conquest of southern Europe during the late Roman Empire.
About the african traces, I think they depend on some afroasiatic and/or berberian ancestor from the early Middle Ages. I'm not good at quantifying these old influences, I mean, how old can it be? Anyways I think it's from the Moors. If it were, say, phoenician - they colonized the mediterranean coast of Spain - you should have some Anatolia & Caucasus, I think, but it's actually absent in your autosomal. More likely it's moor/arabian, IMHO.

agree, maybe he entered europe via spain side

These are the Archaeological traces (burial sites/settlements) of the Langobarden in Italy [mostly Friaul, Trentino, Lombardy, Piedmont and Emilia] so if your from or near from such a location than good/higher chances the 16% Northland is from them;
langobarden1.png

The 16% Middle East from the Anatolia and Caucasus seems the Neolithic area or later Pelasgian (Tyrrhenian) ancestry;

where is this map from?

What ancient populations could "European Northlands" and "European Coastal Plain" represent, respectively? MyOrigins shows that my european ancestry consists of North Mediterranean Basin and European Costal Plain. FTDNA relates the European Coastal Plain component in Southern Europe to the barbarian migrations, but what about the European Northlands element? It seems most people of southern european background have only one or the other, even if in sizeable amounts.

Could it be that certain barbarian groups had a predominantly Scandinavian essence, while others were more continental Germanic?

^I think that southern euros with partial northland ancestry are a small minority. For example, northern italians and southern french are described as a combo of north mediterranean and european coastal plain (which is the western central euro cluster), as more southern populations are esentially north mediterranean. I think that northland admixture occurs in a few individuals only. It could be people with visigoth ancestry in Iberia and longobard or ostrogoth ancestry in Italy and other neighbouring regions. It's my two cents, of course...

Here are mine :

Middle Eastern : 62%
North African: 36%
Eastern Middle East : 26%
European : 17%
Southern European:17%
African: 11%
East Central African: 8%
West African : 3%
Jewish Diaspora : 10%
Ashkenazi diaspora:10%

My Origins results:

European:

Southern Europe 30%
Eastern Europe 22%
Scandinavia 22%

Middle Eastern:
Asia Minor 25%

Central Asia 1%

My Origins results:

European:

Southern Europe 30%
Eastern Europe 22%
Scandinavia 22%

Middle Eastern:
Asia Minor 25%

Central Asia 1%
Interesting results. You probably have both some goth ancestors and at least one turk ancestor (that 1% central asian) in your family tree. Well, so I guess...

Interesting results. You probably have both some goth ancestors and at least one turk ancestor (that 1% central asian) in your family tree. Well, so I guess...

Possibly Turkish or the Scandinavian could be pre-Scandinavian from Anatolia and the central Asian could be from those Greek Macedonians who traveled with Alexander the Great to central Asia. It could also be something else, Gedrosian and Russian ancestry. West Asian has an element of central Asian in it as well.

My results:

European 98%

- British Isles 48%
- Scandinavia 16%
- Western and Central Europe 15%
- Southern Europe 14%
- Finland and Northern Siberia 5%
Middle Eastern 2%
- Asia Minor 2%

My ancestry is evenly split between southwest Ireland (Gaelic surnames), northern England (surnames of English and Danish origin), northern Nederland (Frisian surnames) and southwest Germany (Rhine Franconian surnames).

Results of a Spanish man with grandparents from Extremadura and Andalucia Oriental

European : 99%
Southern European:99%
Middle Eastern : 1%
North African: 1%

This thread has been viewed 64937 times.

Back