• Marco Rubio

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 24 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not going to say this again. The topic of this thread is the election of Donald Trump. GET BACK ON TOPIC.

Some of you act as if you've never heard of such a rule before. Or perhaps you think the rules don't apply to you?

It's a rule, and breaking it can result in infractions. One of you is one infraction short of being banned.

Have I made myself clear yet?

Any future off topic posts by anyone are going to be deleted. Period. If you want to post nonsense about the election go ahead.

Not missed but does this still have a relation with the US election?????

Sent from my iPad using Eupedia Forum

If you think I'm going to sit still for being called a racist against Middle Easterners by the likes of Tomenable or anybody else for that matter, you have another thought coming. The same goes for African-Americans.

I get punched, I punch back, and twice as hard. If I believed in turning the other cheek maybe I'd still be a Christian.

You've made some good contributions to the thread. If you have any more to say I'd be interested in hearing it.

If you think I'm going to sit still for being called a racist by the likes of Tomenable or anybody else for that matter, you have another thought coming.

You've made some good contributions to the thread. If you have any more to say I'd be interested in hearing it.

Yeah right. But it looks to me if Tomenable isn't interested in reasonable debate or arguments (anymore).
And thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Eupedia Forum

I am not going to say this again. The topic of this thread is the election of Donald Trump. GET BACK ON TOPIC.

Some of you act as if you've never heard of such a rule before. Or perhaps you think the rules don't apply to you?

It's a rule, and breaking it can result in infractions. One of you is one infraction short of being banned.

Have I made myself clear yet?

Any future off topic posts by anyone are going to be deleted. Period. If you want to post nonsense about the election go ahead.

Right, sorry about that. I guess I started to tumble a little off keister. :$ Deleting my posts.

is this a jest?

This is politics as we know it, sadly. I'm gonna educate myself because it looks like I'm in a bubble.
But what is done is done.

The omen say that he won't finish presidency,
at end of 2019 and a number of 8x1 like lets say 11111111

I'm finding it bizarre how the media has created it's own fictional narrative for the election result. Everyone is in hysteria about this rise of the Alternative Right and that the result is a 'whitelash'. If anyone wants to take the time to actually look at the statistics for how people voted it tells quite a different story.

So what really happened in the election?

The White Vote

Did an increase in the percentage of the White vote get Donald Trump elected? NO

The Percentage of the White vote that Trump won was marginally less than Romney 4 years ago, but it was reasonably consistent. In fact looking back 20 years the White percentage of the vote has been remarkably consistent, roughly 65-70% Republican. The only story here is that Trumps rhetoric did not put White voters off their loyalty to the Republican party, he did not enthuse more White voters, but he did not loose many either.

The Hispanics Vote
Trump did marginally better here than Romney 4 years ago picking up about a 4-5% gain of the Hispanic Vote.

The African American Vote
This is the real story of the election. African Americans simply did not turn out in numbers to vote for Hilary Clinton as they had done for Obama. Hilary not only lost out in a drop in the number of African Americans turning out to vote but she actually lost about 7% of their vote.

So in summary it was in fact the recent Racial Politics of America that has led us to a Trump Presidency; not because Whites have changed position on the matter but rather that African America anger has led to their disengagement in the democratic process leading to an increase of White American voting power.

For those of you on the Left looking to blame someone for Trump's victory stop pointing the finger at White America but rather look to the African Americans who turned their back on Democracy.

I'm finding it bizarre how the media has created it's own fictional narrative for the election result. Everyone is in hysteria about this rise of the Alternative Right and that the result is a 'whitelash'. If anyone wants to take the time to actually look at the statistics for how people voted it tells quite a different story.

So what really happened in the election?

The White Vote

Did an increase in the percentage of the White vote get Donald Trump elected? NO

The Percentage of the White vote that Trump won was marginally less than Romney 4 years ago, but it was reasonably consistent. In fact looking back 20 years the White percentage of the vote has been remarkably consistent, roughly 65-70% Republican. The only story here is that Trumps rhetoric did not put White voters off their loyalty to the Republican party, he did not enthuse more White voters, but he did not loose many either.

The Hispanics Vote
Trump did marginally better here than Romney 4 years ago picking up about a 4-5% gain of the Hispanic Vote.

The African American Vote
This is the real story of the election. African Americans simply did not turn out in numbers to vote for Hilary Clinton as they had done for Obama. Hilary not only lost out in a drop in the number of African Americans turning out to vote but she actually lost about 7% of their vote.

So in summary it was in fact the recent Racial Politics of America that has led us to a Trump Presidency; not because Whites have changed position on the matter but rather that African America anger has led to their disengagement in the democratic process leading to an increase of White American voting power.

For those of you on the Left looking to blame someone for Trump's victory stop pointing the finger at White America but rather look to the African Americans who turned their back on Democracy.

Point taken but the question is, how do you sort from fact to fiction the policies? I don't blame the white race but the truth has become gray. Trump wasn't truthful according to Politifact.

Right, sorry about that. I guess I started to tumble a little off keister. :$ Deleting my posts.

Twilight, the posts I deleted were about the horrible Roman Empire, how much Anatolian Neolithic is in Italians in general, and how much post Neolithic flow from the Near East is in southern Italians. By no stretch of the imagination could these posts be considered on topic.

It was, I suppose, a childish rant designed to annoy, discomfit, or insult me. Fortunately, I don't look at the world, my people, or my husband through the eyes of anthrofora types; I don't give a **** about any of it, as my new avatar should show, other than that people shouldn't comment on history until they study it.

I do consider being called a racist an insult; never in the real world has anyone ever accused me of that, and I won't stand for it. I was taught to treat every person I encounter with respect, and to judge every person not on the color of their skin or their religion, but on the content of their character, and I have lived my life by those teachings.

@Edao,

Yes, it's true that more white voters didn't turn out, but there was a realignment in some areas. Working class whites in the rust belt did cross party lines to vote for Trump. At the same time, more of the college educated and upper middle class whites voted for Clinton than is usually the case. The wealthy Philly suburbs went for Clinton even though a lot of them are registered Republicans, and rural and working class white people in Pennsylvania went for Trump even if they might be registered Democrats.

The biggest story is indeed what you pointed out, however, that Clinton very much under-performed with African-Americans. That's not good for them or for our republic in the long run.

@Edao,

Yes, it's true that more white voters didn't turn out, but there was a realignment in some areas. Working class whites in the rust belt did cross party lines to vote for Trump. At the same time, more of the college educated and upper middle class whites voted for Clinton than is usually the case. The wealthy Philly suburbs went for Clinton even though a lot of them are registered Republicans, and rural and working class white people in Pennsylvania went for Trump even if they might be registered Democrats.

The biggest story is indeed what you pointed out, however, that Clinton very much under-performed with African-Americans. That's not good for them or for our republic in the long run.

The problem with Democrats in US is they are not a national party. They are an urban party and as such they never cared for white rural folks who are being marginalized economically. So they turned out voluntarily without get out to vote machine and elected Trump. Black males voted Trump in great numbers since they have rivalry with Hispaniics

As for "White Americans", it seems that the ranking from most Pro-Trump to most Pro-Clinton was:

German-Americans (most pro-Trump)
American*-Americans
Swedish-Americans
Italian-Americans
Polish-Americans
Dutch-Americans
English-Americans
Irish-Americans
French-Americans
Norwegian-Americans
Scottish-Americans
Danish-Americans
Greek-Americans
Russian-Americans
Jewish-Americans (most pro-Clinton)

*AFAIK, "American" = families of mostly British descent with long history in the US (back to the 1700s).

This is based on a pre-election opinion poll, according to that poll only 45% of Whites supported Trump.

So obviously that poll was far from reality (because in fact 58% of Whites voted for Trump), but data about relative support for Trump of various ethno-ancestral groups (i.e. the "from most-to-least pro-Trump" ranking) could still be correct:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/peteraldhous/trump-and-the-white-vote

According to that poll, 7% of Blacks and 24% of Latinos supported Trump. In reality ~12% and ~30%.

Jewish-Americans are counted among Whites too (and 70% of them voted for Clinton, 25% for Trump):

http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/u-s-election-2016/1.752212

What is interesting in that data, is that Swedish-Americans are so conservative.

Apparently they are the opposite of Swedish-Europeans, especially Wanderlust.

I do consider being called a racist an insult; never in the real world has anyone ever accused me of that, and I won't stand for it. I was taught to treat every person I encounter with respect, and to judge every person not on the color of their skin or their religion, but on the content of their character, and I have lived my life by those teachings.

But we all know (I guess so at least) that race is not about skin color or religion.

That's why brown-skinned and Pagan WHG could still be part of the Europid race, the exact same race as white-skinned Catholics today. According to John R. Baker's book "Race", even bodily odor is a more important criterion of race than skin color:

http://emilkirkegaard.dk/en/wp-content/uploads/John-R.-Baker-Race.pdf

And we actually all subconsciously & instinctively judge people on their bodily odor.

But we all know (I guess so at least) that race is not about skin color or religion.

That's why brown-skinned and Pagan WHG could still be part of the Europid race, the exact same race as white-skinned Catholics today. According to John R. Baker's book "Race", even bodily odor is a more important criterion of race than skin color:

http://emilkirkegaard.dk/en/wp-content/uploads/John-R.-Baker-Race.pdf

And we actually all subconsciously & instinctively judge people on their bodily odor.

there are black, red and yellow catholics

What is interesting in that data, is that Swedish-Americans are so conservative.

Apparently they are the opposite of Swedish-Europeans, especially Wanderlust.

I think you judge culture/personality/politics through ancestry too much. Of course Swedish Americans aren't liberal, they left Sweden before 1970.

Anyways, here's something important to understand about American demographics which I think some forget. The majority of American land is Suburban/Rural(In big cities we call it all country), has a white majority which is of mostly Colonial English(or Scottish) aka "American" and post-Colonial German decent, and mostly voted for Trump. Trump's running mate is a prime example. There are many who are Democrat-voting and liberal but the majority are certainly pretty conservative. You can see this in the 2016 election state-wide map and the county maps for every state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 707696 times.

Back