Health New Coronavirus in China

Greece

in about 3 weeks 117 infected
in one day from 113 raise to 190
booming

1) first confirmed patient mother of a student at Milan University from Thessaloniki Makedonia
2 half of patients 36 out of 76 brought corona from Iesrael and Egypt, a religious travel at Jerusalem and mt Sina
3) 11 cases are orphan, meaning never came in touch with other infected, did not travel, etc PANIC

Considering the speed of the fall, it had to stop some time. However I am not convinced that it is over yet. Small rebounds are common before a further plunge. Then you can buy. :)

i'll wait a couple more days
never catch a falling knife

Here total calmness.... I went to the gym no stress, just employees cleaning things more than usual. Went to two supermarkets, no queues, business as usual.....just lack of milk, pasta and toilet paper....why are they for god sake collecting toilet paper. Just wonder.

Right now, I am in Canada, and it is a thing here as well. I heard it is the same in the USA. People are buying toilet paper in mass, it seems.

I just came back from our local Publix supermarket. There is no toilet paper or paper towels, no organic 2% milk, no Dawn dishwashing liquid, spaghetti and spaghetti sauce is getting lower, frozen foods are getting lower, crackers are getting lower. The parking lot is full like it's Christmas or Thanksgiving. Wow!!!! Never seen the place like that ever even when hurricanes are approaching.

... place was a Zoo, so much for avoiding crowded places, mission partly failed, No Paper of any kind, no dry pasta, no antibacterial soap or spray, no rubbing alcohol, ....

Water is another item that is being horded. I went to Sam's club the other day, and they were sold out. However, I went to a local gas station, and they were fully-stocked, so I picked up a few cases. I'm more worried about the paranoia of others, rather than the need to horde goods due to fear of marital law, or mandatory quarantine. On top of that prices are being gouged, for everyday goods.

AUDIO-2020-03-13-22-18-55.m4a

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

I took my life in my hands and asked an elderly woman why she and her husband bought what looked like more than 100 rolls. :)

She said she was stocking up in case we were in quarantine for a year! Oy Vey! Now I've heard it all.

As for water, I don't like drinking my tap water even though I have a filter, but if I have to I will. If the gov't can't keep the water running, it's time to take my camping gear and head for the Catskills or Adirondacks and hunker down for a while. :) Less luxurious than Boccaccio's villa in the Tuscan hills, and I doubt the stories told will compare to those in the "Decameron", but...

For some data:

wg6rZak.png

Any extrapolation based on these numbers and numbers of hospitalized and/or dead are not necessarily going to be representative, because they in some countries might be geared toward certain populations.

The toilet paper craze is absolutely ridiculous.

some fake news channel must have said to the public , that toliet paper is an anditode for coronavirus

My son has just left home to see a friend who lives in France. He and the friend made a Cultural exchange at a high school in Canada, Langley, BC, next to Vancouver. The young man came to visit family in Brazil. I was speechless and just said to him what I always say when he leaves the house: Go with God. My wife has just come home and, like every Italian, she did drama. I told her that life goes on, friendships goes on and that the etiquette and good education have always been part of my family relationship. Friends are friends, in the abundance or in the adversity. What will be will be. I told her that, In principle, they are young and are not part of the risk group. There is a diary flight between Belo Hirizonte and Paris, and these flights contuinues without any restriction.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I don’t actually need to Stock up, we’re always ready for at lest one months emergency, (we get bad storms, sometimes) got plenty of toilet paper too, lol

I was going to increase readiness to 2 months, extra pasta to small 9... just in case things get chaotic :)

I don’t actually need to Stock up, we’re always ready for at lest one months emergency, (we get bad storms, sometimes) got plenty of toilet paper too, lol

I was going to increase readiness to 2 months, extra pasta to small 9... just in case things get chaotic :)

Great minds think alike. :)

I'm used to the hurricanes in Florida, and Lilco insures we're usually out of power a certain amount of time, especially in winter, so I too always have a month's supply of non perishables, and I also thought that if people are going to get mental out there, maybe I better increase to 2 months.

Well, amazon has let me down for the first time.

CAN YOU BELIEVE I CAN'T GET MORE RIGATONI AND PENNE AND RICE UNTIL APRIL??? There should be a law. :)
Dried beans were available; I guess most people don't know how to cook with them.

My husband loves grocery shopping so he says he'll look for them tomorrow, but he's a Costco kind of guy, and I'm sure they're sold out. I told him to get some milk and toilet paper if there's any left too. :)

I also don't get why toilet paper. Did someone post on the internet that China produces it?

Hold up...One of my friends just called me and said the only thermometer she could find was the glass kind, which is bound to break, and that the supermarket has been stripped bare.

Be glad you have your month's supply.

What suddenly happened?

If things get chaotic, I can send you part of my stock:

3jc9ROy.jpg

5zDboQO.jpg

By the way, I'm mading a party here at home and you're invited. I'll serve Corona beer and Virus vodka. It will be a party in so much [emoji16]

PNB1N9g.jpg

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

people (and some neighbors) start losing their nerve by week 3, dangerous

... a few years ago, no power, no gas stations, no heat, no hot water, no food stores, no ATM, no Police or Emergency services, no roads, they were blocked by branches and trees everywhere after a massive icestorm hit half the State.

We took turns at patrolling our neighborhood for a month.

(other storms were bad, but not as bad)

Last edited:
@Angela I think they use the Toilet Paper for multiple purposes, blowing your nose, cleaning, and even for a temporary home-made mask (with duct tape).

@Duarte send some more Toilet Paper, thank you. lol

Ok to make some Fun

Sanitary napkins were invented by army as personal bandage to stop bleading
11-Sinithi-Pragmata-pou-Htan-na-Xrisimopoiithoun-me-Diaforetiko-Tropo-10.jpg

and as alternative in cases of chemical warfare

gws_germangasmask_01.jpg

When I served my obligation
at some certain military exercises like landing they gave us 2,
for just in case, and until Masks distribute,

I was expected to see this thing to lack from from markets
since the masks today are rare to be found,
at least in my country

Giving a funny note

%CE%A7%CE%A1%CE%97%CE%A3%CE%97-%CE%A3%CE%95%CE%A1%CE%92%CE%99%CE%95%CE%A4%CE%91%CE%A3.jpg

Or using a bra
as-coronavirus-fears-increase-people-use-face-mask-alternatives-iol-1223188067038658561.webp

again napkin
6-27.jpg

Oranges
mask1.jpg

I wonder if coffee filter could be effective as mask

F200127YS11.jpg

thehomeissue_filtro03.jpg

I have a stash of masks, got it 3 weeks ago, just in case :) ironically they are Made in China, it would be hilarious if a catch the Corona from these masks.

jNA4ahU.jpg

I have a stash of masks, got it 3 weeks ago, just in case :) ironically they are Made in China, it would be hilarious if a catch the Corona from these masks.

LOL

Now I must check the made in of coffee filters,

LOL

Now I must check the made in of coffee filters,

If you build your multiple layer coffee filter mask :giggle: don’t forget to shave, nice and smooth, and if applicable shorten the width of your mustache.

some people out there are clueless. lol

This thread has been viewed 700089 times.

Back