Tautalus

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Portuguese
Y-DNA haplogroup
I2-M223 / I-FTB15368
mtDNA haplogroup
H6a1b2
The Rabbit R1 is a step towards making app interactions obsolete, with a natural language operating system called large action model (LAM).

The device's strength lies in its ability to observe human-device interaction and mimic processes, allowing for the execution of natural language requests to interface with a wide range of applications, such as planning a trip to London or finding fun activities to do while there, making the interaction experience more seamless and intuitive. Overall, the Rabbit R1 could be seen as a glimpse of the future of human-device interaction.

The current AI technology, embodied by chatbots like GPT, only taps into half of AI's potential. While chatbots like GPT excel at reasoning, they cannot take independent action. The rabbit R1 is an AI-powered device capable of autonomously navigating websites to complete tasks without specific integrations, marking a significant advancement in solving the action problem in AI.

However, I think this device will be short-lived, the great innovation here is the large action model (LAM), this is a new foundational model that understands and executes human intentions on computers. Rabbit R1 will not replace smartphones, these in the future will not have apps, but natural language operating systems that will eliminate the need to interact with applications.

One company that is working on this is Deutsche Telekom. DT has a new concept phone that aims to eliminate this need for apps. Instead, users can interact with an AI to complete tasks, such as shopping, without opening specific apps. The AI accesses information from various apps and presents it to the user, allowing them to make purchases without ever opening an app. The company envisions a future where users will remember experiences rather than apps, and the AI will handle all the work. This concept phone is currently just an Android phone with the ability to use AI for certain tasks, but the company plans to roll out a product that could act as a stepping stone between the current smartphone experience and the fully AI-driven future.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 408 times.

Back