American war-criminal?

Thor said:
You can't blame the people who piloted the planes that dropped the bombs. They were following orders. You can't hold a grudge against them. Much like americans cannot hold prejudice against japanese due to the pearl harbor attack. They were all following orders. The people who make the orders are the war criminals.
It depends on whether they had a choice, or not. If they would have been tried for mutiny/treason when disobeying orders, they are definitely not war criminals.

And you have to remember two men both armed, fighting a war, is a little different from blowing little yoshio's brains over a near wall from a bomb blast shockwave is a little different from two men on opposing armeis shooting at each other.

When a soldier dies for his country is a tragic event, when civillians are killed its downright heart-breaking.

War has come a long way, but were still short of humanity in general racognising civillians as just off-limits. Period.

Winner or not i think the status of war-criminal is above the small concept of whoever got a victory parade.

bossel said:
It depends on whether they had a choice, or not. If they would have been tried for mutiny/treason when disobeying orders, they are definitely not war criminals.
Oh yeah, I definently know what you are talking about. I'm sure many soldiers took their anger out on japanese civilians, and the japanese took their anger out on american pows. Those are the war criminals. The bombers, or the people that were commanded to carry out the missions are the innocent ones.

I read this article about 63% of American youths aged 18-24 not knowing where iraq is located on the world map.. Are there so many Americans uninterested in their own country's foreign policy....?? Or is this some problem with education..??

osias said:
I read this article about 63% of American youths aged 18-24 not knowing where iraq is located on the world map.. Are there so many Americans uninterested in their own country's foreign policy....?? Or is this some problem with education..??

I think theres a study or something which has america as the country fastest becomming dumb.

American society is about churning out workers, not thinkers.

That and maybe, its a large population with only so many intellectual careers, coupled with a education system that prefers to educate the brightest and let the avarage to below fail, a lot of people leave high-school with a poor education.

This thread has been viewed 1976 times.

Back