Appearance of Sicilians relative to other Mediterraneans? (poll included)

Other than Italians, who is their best phenotypical match?

• Scandinavians (Swedes, Danes, etc.)

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Spaniards or Portuguese

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Greeks

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Caucasus (Armenia, Georgia)

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Levant (Syria, Lebanon, Palestine)

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • North Africa (Tunisia, Algeria, etc.)

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sicilian actress Tea Falco
tea-falco-3153924_650x0.jpg

attachment.php

Attachments

• tea-falco-3153924_650x0.jpg
    tea-falco-3153924_650x0.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 1337799432_P201205231040301.jpg
    1337799432_P201205231040301.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 78
The main reason is that Southern Italians have less Northern European and less total European score. But checking the non European results, it's apreciable that Southern Italians have also more African (sub-saharan and not) and more Southwest Asian too.

I'll try to vote. My account doesn't work properly as I pointed.

Southern Italians have a MUCH higher total European score compared to Iberians. Everybody knows, and data has supported that Iberians have the most black blood in them from Moorish occupation and the Trans-Atalntic Slave Trade. Italians, on average have negligible SSA influence and are on par with other European groups, minus Iberians.

Anyways, Sicilians look Greek for the most part. I don;t consider them real Italians since they have certain looks that other mainland Southern Italians don't have, even Calabrese. I don't consider Sardinians Italians either since they have their own separate culture.

Patrilinealy 28% of Sicilian men belong to haplogroup J2, which originated between southern turkey, northern Syria and northwestern Iraq. It is the most frequently distributed haplogroup in men from the Fertile Crescent ( north Middle East) in areas such as turkey, Lebanon, northern Iraq, Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan northeastern Iran, Israel etc. the next most frequent Sicilian y-DNA haplogroup is R1b. Thus, one out of four Sicilian males is of Celtic genetic stock. R1b's frequencies peak in Ireland, England, Scotland etc. it's also found at very high frequencies in Iberia (Spain+Portugal), France, holland, Belgium , Germany, north-central Italy etc. the next highest haplogroup is E1b1b at 20 or so percent but some studies state as high as 25%. This haplogroup came to Sicily from Tunisia In North Africa and some of it comes from the Greeks colonization of Italy. These are te main Sicilian haplogroups but haplogroup T is also higher in certain pars of Sicily, it came from the Middle East also but is a globally rare lineage.

I forgot to write the R1b percentage it's about 24-25%.

Southern Italians have a MUCH higher total European score compared to Iberians. Everybody knows, and data has supported that Iberians have the most black blood in them from Moorish occupation and the Trans-Atalntic Slave Trade. Italians, on average have negligible SSA influence and are on par with other European groups, minus Iberians.

Anyways, Sicilians look Greek for the most part. I don;t consider them real Italians since they have certain looks that other mainland Southern Italians don't have, even Calabrese. I don't consider Sardinians Italians either since they have their own separate culture.

European Scores??How awful! The Iberians are black African yes, even better, perhaps seem to think we wanted someone like you.

I give her a kiss goodnight, and also give a caress.

I can imagine the symbol that has hung on the wall as your room, if you could gave her another kiss goodnight. Again to say something of the Iberians, if you have what you need to have.

It's the opposite wormhole, Iberians have the higher European admixture, Italians have 15-20% LESS continental European blood. Southern Italians and Sicilians in particular cluster much more with middle easterners/north Africans than we give them credit for. Sicily is like a 3 way triangle pulling almost equal in 3 directions, middle eastern, North African, Celtic/western European in terms of patrilineal haplogroups, whereas all a cross the board ( other than higher haplogroup E1b1b frequencies in certain regions/locales, spaniards are much more European, Portuguese slightly less ( more E and a little extra J2) but still more than Italians. North Italy is genetically in terms of europeanness, like the totality of Portugal. Spain is STILL more Celtic and European than even northern Italy with the south of Italy being more distant of course even to northern Italy. ( when I mention wormhole, I am referring to the user/member wormhole, nothing else lol. Southern Italy, overall is much like Sicily In terms of haplogroup distribution.

i have seen arab looking sicilians, nordic types and anything in between. Among women there is "hot stuff" over there.

Spaniards definitely with Greeks close second.

In fact all of them look very similar to each other.

In fact all of them look very similar to each other.

My mother always mistakes Portuguese and Greeks for one another. I'd actually argue Greece has more "Iberian" looking types due to the similarity between what we call "Pontid" and "Atlanto-Med", which are both long-faced Med types.

My mother always mistakes Portuguese and Greeks for one another. I'd actually argue Greece has more "Iberian" looking types due to the similarity between what we call "Pontid" and "Atlanto-Med", which are both long-faced Med types.

Isn't Pontid meaning, mean black sea area, Bulgarian ?

I voted greeks, north africans are very easily to distinguish from sicilians and europeans in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 51306 times.

Back