Can anyone explain to a layman how exactly the I1a-DF29 and I2a-L4 are related?

Voight

Reaction score
The above shows that they are both mutations from I-M170, and their divergence resulted in two drastically different people, the Scandinavians and Dinaric Balkan peoples. But what exactly do the two lineages share from their I-M170 ancestors? Both people are among the tallest in Europe and in the world. Is there anything else, or are they just so drastically different that there's no point in comparison?I'd appreciate some detailed explanations or where I can get started on learning such info if it's too much to explain in a succinct manner.

en.wikipedia.***/wiki/Haplogroup_I-M170#Subgroups ~~~~ wouldn't let me post links so just replace stars with com

The above shows that they are both mutations from I-M170, and their divergence resulted in two drastically different people, the Scandinavians and Dinaric Balkan peoples. But what exactly do the two lineages share from their I-M170 ancestors? Both people are among the tallest in Europe and in the world. Is there anything else, or are they just so drastically different that there's no point in comparison?I'd appreciate some detailed explanations or where I can get started on learning such info if it's too much to explain in a succinct manner.
It's a fallacy that related haplogroups need to be related autosomally. R1b-L21 and R1b-V88 diverged much more recently than I1 and I2, but R1b-L21 peaks in Ireland and R1b-V88 peaks in Cameroon. The original autosomal relation can easily be diluted to nothing.

It's a fallacy that related haplogroups need to be related autosomally. R1b-L21 and R1b-V88 diverged much more recently than I1 and I2, but R1b-L21 peaks in Ireland and R1b-V88 peaks in Cameroon. The original autosomal relation can easily be diluted to nothing.
So what exactly is the purpose in looking at haplogroups to determine ancestry when that ancestry is so far back in time? What method is most preferred to determining which countries are closest genetically to each other?

So what exactly is the purpose in looking at haplogroups to determine ancestry when that ancestry is so far back in time? What method is most preferred to determining which countries are closest genetically to each other?
Autosomal DNA.Y DNA and mtDNA are helpful "tools" to determine ancient population movements, also bottlenecking and population explosions. They were also easier to sequens than whole DNA therefore more popular tools in the past, when population genetics just started.http://www.eupedia.com/genetics/

You take an autosomal DNA test, the test takes you back to your ancestors whom lived in the Classical era ^_^. Ydna and mtdna is useful for finding out prehistoric migrations taking place in the Stone Age-Bronze Age

if you consider the age of a generation to be 30 on average then there are 27500 / 30 = 916 generations until two people of I2 and I1 meet patrilineally.

1430 until you meet a J person in IJ
1573 until Hapllogroup K

7863 until you reach Y-chromosome Adam

maybe ..

This thread has been viewed 4317 times.

Back