Can you classify these Southwest French?

Arverni

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Occitab
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-P310
mtDNA haplogroup
H5A1
They are from Aveyron, which in the south west/central France, just under Auvergne. The region was first populated by Middle East agriculture, then by basques, Ligurians, Gauls, Wisigoths, franks, and a very few arabs and northern French nobility.
They seem lighter than their northerner Auvergne neighbors", who are known to be almost mongoloid and dark featured. Here they look kinda northern Italian or Northern Spanish right?

Attachments

• aveyron 2.jpg
    aveyron 2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 35
They are from Rodez, not really from southwest France imo, more southern France properly in my opinion. Auvergne neighbors are known to be almost mongoloid and dark featured? Really?

The people in that pic don't look like northern Spanish or northern Italian, but alpinid is strong in that picture and alpinids are less common among Spanish.

Ns2WyRE.jpg

And all this based on a pic? It's not even sure that they all are native.

Others pics from SDIS de l'Aveyron.

201203050048.jpg

les-recrues-etaient-reunies-a-rodez-samedi_955189_CP963552_MG687816.jpg

21752732_1549935085066047_7644157534615290504_o.jpg

DG20a9oWsAEGMyD.jpg

CYM8c2CWYAACEvp.jpg

northern Italians are alpines and northern spaniards are (north) Atlantids, which is quite close to them

Aveyron remains clearly the southwest, it was part of Guyenne, part of The visigothic kingdom, speaks the languedocian occitan which is spread to the south west. They are not comparable with people from Perpignan or Beziers who are true central Southerners

Totally agree with everything you wrote, Binx.

They have their own "look", neither Spanish nor Italian.

I've never seen a "Mongoloid" looking French person in my life, neither in the Auvergne or anywhere else.

Northern Italy has a variety of phenotypes. Alpine is just one of the them.

The vast majority of Spaniards are not "Atlantids" of any variety.

I think we're seeing a migration here of apricity types, with their profound understanding of European phenotypes and anthropological "classification".

[video]https://www.eupedia.com/images/content/Atlantic-admixture.png[/video]

^^That has nothing to do with the "Atlantid" phenotype. If people are going to do this "classification" thing, at least go back to the definitions and maps of actual physical anthropologists, not the made up classifications of places like theapricity.

Feel free to find an actual physical anthropologist who found "Atlantid" types, or even a significant number of "Atlanto-Meds" in Iberia. Spain is gracile Med central.

VNpm0ph%2Beickstedt%2B1952.png

attachment.php

i868290_a156aaa640ea.jpg

Only one that finds "Atlanto Med", on which they couldn't reach consensus, in Spain, and it's limited in area.

Deniker%27s_Races_de_l%27Europe_%281899%29.jpg

map-eickstedt-eur.jpg

The denizens of anthrofora have no business making up their own anthropological classifications and then assigning them to certain groups based on no data whatsoever.

Totally agree with everything you wrote, Binx.

They have their own "look", neither Spanish nor Italian.

I've never seen a "Mongoloid" looking French person in my life, neither in the Auvergne or anywhere else.

Northern Italy has a variety of phenotypes. Alpine is just one of the them.

The vast majority of Spaniards are not "Atlantids" of any variety.

I think we're seeing a migration here of apricity types, with their profound understanding of European phenotypes and anthropological "classification".

Anthrogenica being down could explain that

^^That has nothing to do with the "Atlantid" phenotype. If people are going to do this "classification" thing, at least go back to the definitions and maps of actual physical anthropologists, not the made up classifications of places like theapricity.

These maps, apart from being very old, are not very scientific and very subjective, modern genetics has left them totally obsolete, I believe.

Feel free to find an actual physical anthropologist who found "Atlantid" types, or even a significant number of "Atlanto-Meds" in Iberia. Spain is gracile Med central.

VNpm0ph%2Beickstedt%2B1952.png

attachment.php

i868290_a156aaa640ea.jpg

Only one that finds "Atlanto Med", on which they couldn't reach consensus, in Spain, and it's limited in area.

Deniker%27s_Races_de_l%27Europe_%281899%29.jpg

map-eickstedt-eur.jpg

These maps, apart from being very old, are not very scientific and very subjective, modern genetics has left them totally obsolete, I believe.

It is possible that these anthropologists see a German toasted in the Mediterranean sun consider him a Berber.

These French firemen of the photo could be from any city in Spain, as attached photo firefighters of Granada city of the Alhambra, south of the south, I do not find any difference.

bomberosGR.jpg

i have been to grenada, people there are objectively much darker than these frenchmen

The "Atlantid" phenotype was used by one anthropologist (von Eicktsedt) to refer to slightly depigmented Mediterranean-types found in Wales. It hasn't been used in any other account of traditional taxonomy (if you believe in that sort of thing).

I didn't know at all that Atlantid group was contested. I found many stuff online arguing that northern Spain was Atlanta-med or Atlantid
Which group do you recognize here, except alpine dynamic med and Nordid?
Thanks for the answers anyway :)

@ Arverni
I was born in the very heart of Auvergne. My family tree reaches back to the 1550s. ALL my forebears were born within a radius of 60 kms from my birthplace - the vast majority of them within a much smaller perimeter. I am 1.84 m tall, blue-eyed, with light blond hair. Judging from my looks, you'd say I could have been born anywhere between Amsterdam and Helsinki. My daughters are 1.76 and 1.73 m tall, blond-haired, blue-eyed. My wife has very clear blue eyes... We are all quite dolicocephalic.
I think you really should visit Auvergne when you get a few days off !!! You could describe its people... afterwards !

The big variety of these maps is in itself the proof of oversimplification for someones, of complete inaccuracy for others; that does not prove the phenotypicial taxinomy is completely withtout sense concerning distances and migrations, but it deserves more prudence. And if we leave taxinomy aside spite it is then a complement, the (good) metrics surveys can help a bit : I see already some confirmation of validity of phenotypical studies in the recent results of auDNA, ancient and modern, concerning Neolithic: Anatolia, whole Southern Europe, and LN/BA transition, without speakng of other cases in Steppes by instance.

This thread has been viewed 12751 times.

Back