Cheney accidentally shoots fellow hunter

Glenn said:
I'd love to know who you're referring to here.

eeerrrr...Hunters.

Coooooooome,
a listen to my story about a man named Cheney,
Poor millionaire barely kept his family fed,

Then one day he was outa hunting Quale,
Shot his friend in the face instead.

Trouble that is...
Citation...
Wrong stamp for hunting...

------ 5 second ad promo for new season ------

The Gun toting oil millionaire Hillbillies come back to the country for some huntin' comical fun. Watch it on a TV near you. Much safer in front of a TV than at the studio live. Cheney won`t get you if you`re safe in your house on your sofa. But don`t call your friend afterwards and talk about how funny the show was or worse yet -- you didn`t like it. George may be listening in and if you say something bad about ol' Dick -- you, too, may be getting an invitation to go hunting with ol' Dick in the mail soon.

* I`m wondering if the frustration in Iraque and the problems dogging Haliburten are causing ol' Dick to go 'Postal.'

Glenn said:
Then why the "you" in "you hunters?"

If "you" are not a hunter then don`t feel that it is directed at you.

It is merely being used emphatically toward the members of a group. You may even want to consider it as "finger pointing" up close in the face of a group of people or trying to be personal by addressing the group (bad or good connotation is possible).

Rush Limbaugh may say, "You liberals... or You feminazis... or You folks really humble me with your support..."

A principal at a school may have assembled the student body in the gymnasium and say, "You kids have done outstanding work." or "You kids have really disappointed me."

The "you" is not specifically identified. It is just affixed to the group to try and personalize the message to the mass of the group. That`s all.

Did you take it as directed at you?

Whenever I hear or read "you" used in that context I understand it as being directed to at least part of the people directly involved in the conversation. Since I was one of those people, I was just trying to clarify exactly who you meant by it. It seems as though you use it and understand it differently than I do. I didn't necessarily take it as directed at me; I just wanted to be sure about who it was directed at.

Last edited:
I hate to make fun of someone else's pain, but the guy is already home and should make a full recovery... but I just couldn't help wondering:

What is the bag limit on wealthy Republican lawyers?

Did Cheney have the proper tag for fat cats?

How powerful do you have to be to use millionaires as practice pigeons?

Might we suggest paint ball guns and masks next time, they seem to be safer?

Aren't we glad that the president travels with a team of doctors?

Last edited:
[PONG]BREAKING NEWS[/PONG]

This just in from Correspondent Pheasant in the field reporting:

Quale on the Lamb as operatives for Dick Cheney try to track him for being responsible for idiot friend going hunting with idiot friend and causing idiot to shoot idiot friend. By the way, the idiot friends are hunters and the injured idiot friend is in the hospital where he was briefly visited by idiot friend just recently.

Stay tuned as story unfolds.

You folks have better access to American media outlets than I do. So tell me....Have they made mention of the fact that the guy who got shot was 30 yards away? Other than saying in what part of the body the pellets struck, have they made mention of the nature/extent of his injuries?

If he isn't so badly injured, he's lucky.
Could have been very nasty indeed... :souka:
strongvoicesforward said:
People with pacemakers out there shootin up their friends. Should be a law against that.
OK. So only people without pacemakers are allowed to shoot their friends. That's me in the clear! :smug:

[pong]NEWS FLASH[/pong]

Quale spotted at adult education center instructing others how to spell the word "potato." From our helicopter reporting unit we are now tracking the vice presidential limousine with guns sticking out the window on the interstate apparantly headed for the adult education center.

Stay tuned for more breaking news on the Cheney vendetta of Quail violence.

THIS JUST IN:

Our field photographer Mr. Grouse was able to get partial footage of the wing of the culprit, Quail, up close as he fled the scene of the shooting unscathed by shots fired by Vice President Cheney.

*see footage below:

[up]
3974_0352_1_th.jpg
[/up]

Need to correct: The victim was released from ICU, but not the hospital. He is in good condition, but still hospitalized. (I misheard.)

for the victim it was an immediate karmic return..
as the man had just shot an innocent bird (according to the official story)

Hawaii Telegraph: Mr Cheney did not have the correct licence for shooting quail, lacking a stamp for shooting upland 'game' birds.

(game: a term of human chauvinism defining animals by their
utility to animal stalkers)

He has only received a warning from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department over the missing stamp

Bush was informed of the accident about one hour after it occurred,

Kinsao said:
If he isn't so badly injured, he's lucky.
Could have been very nasty indeed... :souka:

Actually, the only nasty thing that could come from being shot with birdshot from a 28 gauge at 30 yards would be if one of the pellets had hit him in the eye.

strongvoicesforward said:
THIS JUST IN:
Our field photographer Mr. Grouse was able to get partial footage of the wing of the culprit, Quail, up close as he fled the scene of the shooting unscathed by shots fired by Vice President Cheney.
*see footage below:
[up]
3974_0352_1_th.jpg
[/up]

Are you amusing yourself?

Mike Cash said:
Actually, the only nasty thing that could come from being shot with birdshot from a 28 gauge at 30 yards would be if one of the pellets had hit him in the eye.

Er...not to be coy but why then is the guy in intensive care?

Mike Cash said:

Well yeah, but the thought in my head was that one of them might have hit him in the eye...

Hmmm - methinks it's also his fault for not making sure he wasn't in front of other hunters... everyone has to take some responsibility for their own safety in a hunt, too...

I still wonder how Mr. Cheney could be so careless. :?

Weird????

Now they say he suffered a heart attack "from a pellet that penetrated his heart" ? Wonder if they ment one that migrated to his heart from a vein or artery; hard to believe a tiny , low powered pellet would go through his clothes to his heart?

Frank

:? :clueless:

This thread has been viewed 2063 times.

Back