Classification

My answer is a little different from others. You look more south European (Iberian especially) or west European to me with some mild Middle Eastern features. The main difference I see from Europeans is your eye shape and eye folds which is more Middle Eastern, otherwise the facial structure could pass anywhere in Europe really. (but esp west or south Europe)

What the hell is middle eastern features? Middle east isnt a race. Define racial type and exact features. What in my eyes made you think I have mongrel heritage?

What the hell is middle eastern features? Middle east isnt a race. Define racial type and exact features. What in my eyes made you think I have mongrel heritage?

There's no need to act uncivil, because we don't tell you that you look 'Irish'. People been classified you as "Greek looking". If you were reading about the toughs of Ancient Greek philosophers as I recall their view on the Greek race were "We're darker than the Northern barbarians, but lighter than the Egyptians, therefore Greek is the ideal race".

There is no such thing as a "mongrel" race. All human groups are a mixture of divergent human groups from the past. Greeks are a mix, like all Europeans, of WHG, EHG, EEF, and CHG. Only the proportions change.

Those alleles came with different "host" populations which carried some or all of those ancestries in different proportions, sometimes with farmers from the Near East 7,000 years ago, EHG and CHG 5,000 years ago with steppe peoples as well as some more EEF like ancestry, some more EN along with Iran Neolithic ancestry perhaps with Copper or Bronze Age peoples, and then some "Celtic", "Slavic" etc. in more proximate times in the first millennium BC and in the early Medieval period.

Physical "appearance" will come from alleles from all those people. Depending on the migration history of any one place certain traits will appear in varying frequency.

Enough has been said. This is starting to look like spamming to get a different answer. The OP looks indeed like a Greek who is the product of all these ancient migrations.

deleted. wrong quote

I remember hearing once that moles are considered a levantine trait? I'm balkan and I, my mom and dad all have at least 1 facial mole, they seem to be a common southern european trait, who knows, maybe its from stronger exposure to the sun... But I can't seem to find anything online corroborating this :p so, some food for thought!

Hi moles aren't exclusive to any race of people

yet I can still recognise a Greek a Cypriot from a Lebanese ,
when I see the photos Had the Feeling that are not Greeks,
Many Cypriots are Hellenic still they have slightly more West Asian aka Greco Anatolian admixture but not much

Im Greek. Can you classify me? Do I have any non European elements in my phenotype? Thanks

91ab460da43f2ba2771e20448a15c172.jpg

f4f3ffe0df7d738fca9f4c8cfa6e042c.jpg

f2995084dea25133c9b5d6fdf15d17db.jpg

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Eupedia Forum mobile app
Hey did you get kicked off that silly other forum?

Anyway you are a Dinaric Mediterranean, typical for North Greece. You look a bit Italian too

Some Iranians and you share similar look, it doesn't mean that you look Iranian the same way some Spanish people share similar look with you. You can fit in those plases because you likely have both West Mediterranean (Neolithic Farmer) and also Anatolian Farmer/Neolithic Levantine genetic heritage which is a shared genetic heritage anywhere the Mediterranean regions.
Some Iranians can look like North Europeans, because they have some Indo-European ancestry, there is no "uniform" Iranian or any kind of look. I think you would fit better in parts of the Middle East than in Britain because British people have a completely different genetic heritage than an average Greek person.
You mean the Steppes goofy. You have it the wrong way around Neolithic farmers and WHG are South East European in genetics

Read and learn http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4555292/Study-mummies-reveals-Turkish-European.html

The Early Neolithic Farmer related genome is the most dominant in both Southern Europe and most parts of the Near East, we can call it "Anatolian Farmer, Iranian Neolithic or Natufian" most of these components have a shared origin and don't differ as dramatically as some tests would suggest it.
Just to make it clear here's the most common autosomal component:

Early Neolithic Farmer/"Near Eastern" related ancestral component is one of the most dominant autosomal admixture in good parts of Europe and the whole West Eurasian region. Fertile Descent is the homeland of the Western civillization and it seems most likely it was the home of the first Early Neolithic farmers who conquered most parts of Europe and pushed the Mesolithic/Paleolithic related people to Northern areas such as modern day Finns and Saamis.

NearEastK8.png

On the subject what percent of Southern Europeans and Caucasians can fit in the Fertile descent the 90% figure may sound ludicrous, but if we take consider what the relatively unmixed native Levantine stock people such as Druzes and Christian minorities look like then it may be more reasonable.

Maronite Lebanese don't look very different from most Cypriots and Greeks as well as from other Southern European groups.

CIPRO_-_maroniti_e_costumi_tradizionali_(600_x_450).jpg
Maronite Lebanese have Ghassanid and Assyrian admixtures they are not European.

You are a typical Greek looking man. We Greeks, can recognice a non Greek person by the look. We look different from Slavic Balkan People, different from Albanian People, Different from Caucasian People and North African People. We look more close to South Italians and West Turkey (Μικρά Ασία) people but still different. We are not a pure race but a mixed one like the most people in the world. Through history a lot of diffrent ethnic groups came to Greece. In mine opinion the main Genetic Pool is the same and there are a few differences from person to person maybe through an intermix years ago. Its is the language we talk, the way we think and we behave that makes as Greeks. If you have read Homerus you can see that the way we think and we react is exactly the same like our ancestors. These things make as Greeks. I believe we were a quite mix race in the ancient times too (but from close and related populations). I can't see a clear non Greek characteristic at you.

Well you just bashed your head to the Aristotle statue. Hope it did not hurt much.

This thread has been viewed 55039 times.

Back