Classify Me

MsJ

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Germany, UK, Netherlands, unknown
I know you can see my "ethnicity" in my profile, but there's a lot of unknown, so don't cheat. :) And yes, that is my natural hair color.
14646651_10154466332609927_451315551_o.jpg
11951402_10153483021854927_5910974704245564847_n.jpg

We dont do these things here, we are serious people young man and is also to late. -Dont you think?
Anyway you looked shaved...
Last time was a young guy like a Thracian Druid which also looked like Pericles... Strange times.
Wait to take my glasses...

Whooooa, my... Wait..
( I have to take my pills for the pressure....) .

Νοοοοο...οοο

My lady, by mistake I take the sleeping pills... There's no much time left before... put me ... to
Zzzzzzz...Zzzzzz.. leep.

Mediteranid Nordid, Alpino/Dinaroid.
Starsign: Cancer; Libra; Aguarius;
I will come tommorow for a second view.

Your eyes look so transparent... I can see your phone number in them...
Damn pils...

Kali-nikhta/Goodnight for now :bored:

Νοοοοο...οοο

My lady, by mistake I take the sleeping pills... There's no much time left before... put me ... to
Zzzzzzz...Zzzzzz.. leep.

Mediteranid Nordid, Alpino/Dinaroid.
Starsign: Cancer; Libra; Aguarius;
I will come tommorow for a second view.

Your eyes look so transparent... I can see your phone number in them...
Damn pils...

Kali-nikhta/Goodnight for now :bored:

That's how I felt on trazodone (prescribed by a shrink)...normally, people drift off to sleep without realizing that they are, but trazodone lets you know beforehand that you're on the road to la la land... Lol which is somewhat frightening.

As for MsJ, I'm severely deficient at figuring out someone's ethnicity based on phenotype, but you look English or Northern.

by the thickness of nose clearly Northern,
above 50 parallel

I would say not even British,
although rest characteristics have enough British types,

Thank you for the interesting replies. :)

The thickness of my nose? That's a new one. the area between my eyes is a little broad I guess.

Thank you for the interesting replies. :)

The thickness of my nose? That's a new one. the area between my eyes is a little broad I guess.

plz do not take it as an insult,
sometimes non English similar words that might be correct,
I mean the wide broad area from left to right and oposite
compare with the term thin nose for S Europeans I used the word thick
hope not to be misunderstood

plz do not take it as an insult,
sometimes non English similar words that might be correct,
I mean the wide broad area from left to right and oposite
compare with the term thin nose for S Europeans I used the word thick
hope not to be misunderstood

No insult at all. I have considered it "long" but never thought of it as wide. I'm definitely Northern European for the most part, so I guess it's not surprising to look the part. I think part of the problem for New World Europeans is that our ancestors were not shy of moving around, so my "German" line might actually be Dutch or Swiss. And many of our names were Anglicized so our English surnames are not really indicative of the immigrant. So maybe we look extra hard at things like DNA and facial features to figure out who we are. Sometimes I think I envy people who have a genuine ethnic identity, but then I remember I come from crazy people who like to move around and that makes it ok that I don't know exactly from whence they came.

No insult at all. I have considered it "long" but never thought of it as wide. I'm definitely Northern European for the most part, so I guess it's not surprising to look the part. I think part of the problem for New World Europeans is that our ancestors were not shy of moving around, so my "German" line might actually be Dutch or Swiss. And many of our names were Anglicized so our English surnames are not really indicative of the immigrant. So maybe we look extra hard at things like DNA and facial features to figure out who we are. Sometimes I think I envy people who have a genuine ethnic identity, but then I remember I come from crazy people who like to move around and that makes it ok that I don't know exactly from whence they came.

I can't help you to find your pre-American ethnic id,
with clasification from photos.
nobody can do this.
sometimes religion helps, especially in some closed protestantic communities, sometimes not,
sometimes is mentioned by ancestors,
sometimes family relics help,
sometimes names if not changed,
even a dance, that parents used to dance
but our homeland is where our heart finds peace,

I don't know that I'd say your look is so distinctly northern European, whether in pigmentation or features. A lot of people in my area of Italy share the coloring and/or the wide-spaced eyes and long nose a little broad at the tip, including me, except that my eyes are brown.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

See:

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...-Eastern-Liguria-NW-Toscana?highlight=Liguria

Oh my goodness! Wow! My lips! The bottom one is very curved. I keep getting hits in that area on my DNA analysis. How genetically similar are people from this region to southern Germans and Austrians? But they look more like me than some of my blood relatives. Great post! Thank you!

I can't help you to find your pre-American ethnic id,
with clasification from photos.
nobody can do this.
sometimes religion helps, especially in some closed protestantic communities, sometimes not,
sometimes is mentioned by ancestors,
sometimes family relics help,
sometimes names if not changed,
even a dance, that parents used to dance
but our homeland is where our heart finds peace,

Thank you for the reply. I agree that ethnicity is more about tradition in our case than genetics. The problem with assimilation is that our ancestors gave up their ethnicity to become part of the melting part. Vestiges remain, a dance (Highlands dancing morphed to Appalachian dances) and dialects sometimes. it is part of the human condition to want to know where we fit in.

Before southern Germany and Austria were German speaking they were Celtic speaking, and there are, of course, documented Celtic/Gallic migrations into northern Italy and down into Tuscany, as well as the prior Indo-European migrations of people from Central Europe who might have spoken Italo-Celtic, including my own Ligures. Looking at it from the other direction, there was a lot of Neolithic ancestry in Central Europe which arrived from the south. Where and from whom each individual trait derives I don't know, but I suspect the nose is Neolithic farmer.

As I said, the nose on the girl on the left in the first picture, on the girl in the third picture, and on the girl below is ubiquitous in the area, as are very widely spaced eyes and fair skin; I have all three traits. Where we differ from you is that we often have a squarer jawline, giving the bottom of the face a different shape, and most of us have a rounded chin.

attachment.php

Not that a long face with a square jaw is always present...a spray tan changes things too, but no matter the pigmentation, that combination of widely spaced long eyes, whether large or smaller, long nose broad at the tip, long face and rounded chin appears again and again, and not just in Liguria and Toscana. It's found in Campania, paired with a long thin face.

A Miss Toscana:

giulia-fontana-miss-toscana-2013-3.jpg

Miss Liguria-I think she had something done to her nose; it looks odd.

miss_liguria_2012_primo_piano.jpg

My favorite Miss Liguria and, in my opinion the most beautiful:
Tiziana_intense_portrait.jpg

Miss Toscane- it's variation on a theme
180825434-1bba1c1e-00d0-464f-8ff1-7e9f48d06eec.jpg

I'm not saying you look Italian. I'm just saying some of your traits are definitely present south of the Alps.

On the other hand, if you look at these girls and ignore the slight differences ln pigmentation...:)
iHgL0e53.jpg

merryswissmiss-1395448849_280.jpg

This reminds me that "The Girl With The Pearl Earring". Nice Work.

In my opinion, you look more British then German. But I can smell your German structure too. So Netherland could be best choice for you. If I didn't see your ethnic group and the country where you live, I would say, you were from Netherlands

This reminds me that "The Girl With The Pearl Earring". Nice Work.

In my opinion, you look more British then German. But I can smell your German structure too. So Netherland could be best choice for you. If I didn't see your ethnic group and the country where you live, I would say, you were from Netherlands

I love Vermeer's work. I rarely see Brits that make me say, oh those are my people. My paternal grandmother definitely did look English with black hair. The rest of the family are all over the place.
View attachment 8654
Paternal grandparents-her ancestry is pretty much unknown apart from surname of her father (Smith or Schmidt) and that her mother was adopted. He is English (surname), Scottish (large amount) and a little German of the parts that are known. Pretty well documented ancestry with only a few holes.
View attachment 8655
Maternal grandparents-She is mostly German and Dutch with most of her lines well documented back to the 1600s. Of course during settlement there was a little intermarriage with some lines that are traced back to Normandy. He...a little more of a mystery. Father was a Patrick and the Ydna from his line is I1-m23. The rest is still pending further research. His mother was descended on the father's side from Germanna settlers in Tennessee and was a Muller. Mom...Holden or Holten and she is a dead end as well. He is where I get my tanning ability. :)

Thank you, Angela! I do see a general face structure that is amazingly similar to each other. I see the more rounded jaw which is definitely not a trait I share. We have generations of pointy chins! Beautiful ladies! The Miss Liguria you prefer reminds me a bit of Penelope Cruz. I believe it's the eye color, though.

Thank you, Angela! I do see a general face structure that is amazingly similar to each other. I see the more rounded jaw which is definitely not a trait I share. We have generations of pointy chins! Beautiful ladies! The Miss Liguria you prefer reminds me a bit of Penelope Cruz. I believe it's the eye color, though.
I can see why you'd say that, but whether it's the difference in pigmentation or Cruz's nose, which is larger and dips down, she gives me a different vibe. Anyway, both are beautiful.

Penelope
Pen%C3%A9lope-Cruz-em-Piratas-do-Caribe-FOTO-6.jpg

Tiziana
740full-tiziana-piergianni.jpg

tiziana%20piergianni-foto-3.JPG

This thread has been viewed 14993 times.

Back