Religion Comments on Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well don't be sorry; just correct it, Jarvis. 'Cause you are simply not behaving like a gentleman. Even if you make it a question, you are really stretching it --it is of bad taste and devoid of intelligence.

I have deleted the offending message.

jarvis said:
or how many people Jesus killed?
Actually, if you believe in the Trinity & believe in the infallibility of your Bible, then the answer is "uncountable." Remember the flood story? Or where your god ordered the killing of all inhabitants of some city (including infants)?
Or did you conveniently forget that? Or maybe you're an Arian?

Why must people, and especially some Christians, have a mindset of us vs them. I've known a few Muslims, and they all come across as just happy, down-to-earth people. None of them sympathize or condone the terrorists.

Someone who made a huge effort to dispel the misconceptions of Islam from a more objective point of view is Karen Armstrong. She is not Muslim, but she knew that from her studies of religions, that things like the Satanic verses weren't exactly being portrayed well. At first, when she began studying Islam, she felt that Islam and it's treatment of women, the attitudes the Quran took, and Muhammad's keeping of many wives would get on her nerves. But after studying a while, she actually found herself attracted to Muhammad, as in his was a passionate message of love.

I think that quickly looking over some of the Quran passages would lead one to think that it was indeed a religion that espoused violence. A closer look would reveal the reasons why it has remained an attractive religiopn for so long, with so many followers that still find comfort in Muhammad's words. As Karen put it, it is a passionate message of love, and the time of it's writing. along with the conditions of that day also need to be brought into account.

Jarvis, can you make an actual post, instead of just one-liners and links to other sites?

jarvis said:

Could you please give us a context with this picture? At a glance it looks inappropriate....but without context one cannot make judgement. And if you are implying what I believe your implying - may I remind you of the recent debacle over the child molesters in the Catholic Church (at least in America). :eek:

Thankfully your opinions about Islam are in the minority on this forum. It gives me hope that people with this attitude are either learning the error of their ways or are slinking back to their own ignorant circles instead of trying to infect the rest of us.

jarvis said:
whats inappropriate with a old man frenching a young boy?

I thought that was muslims, and atheists #1 agenda?

You thought that "what" was there No 1 agenda ?

I almost think you're just a troll, your opinions seem so unreal!
jarvis said:
whats inappropriate with a old man frenching a young boy?
Is he actually french kissing the boy? Could it be just a ceremonial kiss? I'm sure even in the Middle East actual pedophilia is also not well tolerated. That pic takes place in public, so I doubt it was anything more than just cultural.
jarvis said:
I thought that was muslims, and atheists #1 agenda?:/
Molesting boys? Shut up! I'm sorry, but your simply being a fruitcake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 1024 times.

Back