Could this Penisular Arab man pass rather in Italy or Greece?

real expert

Reaction score
This question is not meant to be a troll or Quora- question. However, I‘m just curious whether this Arab guy could pass in Italy. Some folks brought him up to illustrate that if it wasn't for his traditional clothing he could blend in Italy. Others said he resembles rather Greeks. So, what do you think can he pass as an Italian or as a Greek?

9d4468cdb6bc135c145f9532ba18adaa-jpg.551923

I am sure he could.

Would I look at him and immediately say, "Italian", or "Greek"? No, I wouldn't.

However, could he pass in Southern Italy or parts of the Peloponnese or the Greek Islands? Probably.

Great looking man, for what it's worth. I find it difficult to believe he's actually 100% Peninsular Arab, though. He doesn't at all look like a real peninsular Arab. Did anyone ask for a link to the picture? You can't be so gullible around certain people, you know. If it seems off, verify.

What Peninsular Arabs actually look like...
testimonial3.jpg

horizontal-portrait-of-young-smiling-arab-man-picture-id492786318

The man in the original post looks more like a model wearing a costume for an ad.

In fact, put the Turkish actor Ibrahim Celikkol in the same clothing, and he wouldn't be far off, although he wouldn't fool me. Btw, the actor is of mixed ancestry: His maternal family is Pomak origin who immigrated from Thessaloniki, Greece. His paternal family is of Arab descent

a1d173694bc10481603d900d8543b1d6.jpg

74285fe7b8702b6abef0ebd48163df19.jpg

Would I look at him and immediately say, "Italian", or "Greek"? No, I wouldn't.

However, could he pass in Southern Italy or parts of the Peloponnese or the Greek Islands? Probably.

Great looking man, for what it's worth. I find it difficult to believe he's actually 100% Peninsular Arab, though. He doesn't at all look like a real peninsular Arab. Did anyone ask for a link to the picture? You can't be so gullible around certain people, you know. If it seems off, verify.

What Peninsular Arabs actually look like...
testimonial3.jpg

horizontal-portrait-of-young-smiling-arab-man-picture-id492786318

Well, these two guys are common but they don't represent the classical Arabic peninsular look. By the way, the second Arab man has visible SSA admixture like many Arabs today. We all here know that countless Arabs do have significant SSA influence which one way or another display in their phenotype. The thing is, that Peninsular Arabs with classic Arabid phenotype have sharp features, long narrow faces, and thin noses that are close to the mouth. Besides, this Arab man that I've posted isn't atypical in the Emirates but would be rather atypical in Yemen. I have met some Individuals from the Emirates in real who resembled him. That said, this man I've posted could superficially pass in Southern Italy or Greece, but to me, he doesn't have an Italian vibe.

Well, these two guys are common but they don't represent the classical Arabic peninsular look. By the way, the second Arab man has visible SSA admixture like many Arabs today. We all here know that countless Arabs do have significant SSA influence which one way or another display in their phenotype. The thing is, that Peninsular Arabs with classic Arabid phenotype have sharp features, long narrow faces, and thin noses that are close to the mouth. Besides, this Arab man that I've posted isn't atypical in the Emirates but would be rather atypical in Yemen. I have met some Individuals from the Emirates in real who resembled him. That said, this man I've posted could superficially pass in Southern Italy or Greece, but to me, he doesn't have an Italian vibe.

Well, we agree he doesn't look particularly Italian at all.

As for the appearance of Peninsula Arabs, I'm not convinced. Many of them show some SSA as you say, but also the faces are usually broader, from what I've seen, and they're certainly not gracile.

Perhaps you've lived there; I haven't, but I've yet to see a picture of a Saudi, for example, who fits your description. My office used to be very near the U.N., and they often frequented near by restaurants, and they were tall, broad faced, and, as you say, obviously carried some SSA ancestry.

Now, some of the Yemeni, especially the Jews who don't have as much SSA admixture, perhaps. Even some of the Bedouin have it, but Saudi's in general? As I said, I'm not convinced.

This is supposedly a picture of the young Osama Bin Laden, of Yemeni ancestry, although most people think of him as a Saudi, and he approximated what you're talking about perhaps.
a9MZGBm_700b.jpg

This is the famous model from one of the Gulf States, accused of being "too beautiful", and expelled from somewhere, which reinforces he's not at all common in looks.
Handsome-Saudi-Man.jpg

The former King Hussein of Jordan, of the Hashemite Saudi dynasty descended directly from the Prophet.
5020-king-hussein-i.jpg

He looks rather round faced to me.

Anyway, as to the main point, I would bet a hefty sum that the man in the original picture isn't completely or at all Saudi in ancestry, and even if he is, he definitely doesn't have an Italian "vibe" to me, and I'm usually pretty good at spotting those things.

I think he looks more Iberian than Italian or Greek. Especially the eyes.

Well, we agree he doesn't look particularly Italian at all.

As for the appearance of Peninsula Arabs, I'm not convinced. Many of them show some SSA as you say, but also the faces are usually broader, from what I've seen, and they're certainly not gracile.

Perhaps you've lived there; I haven't, but I've yet to see a picture of a Saudi, for example, who fits your description. My office used to be very near the U.N., and they often frequented near by restaurants, and they were tall, broad faced, and, as you say, obviously carried some SSA ancestry.

Now, some of the Yemeni, especially the Jews who don't have as much SSA admixture, perhaps. Even some of the Bedouin have it, but Saudi's in general? As I said, I'm not convinced.

This is supposedly a picture of the young Osama Bin Laden, of Yemeni ancestry, although most people think of him as a Saudi, and he approximated what you're talking about perhaps.
a9MZGBm_700b.jpg

This is the famous model from one of the Gulf States, accused of being "too beautiful", and expelled from somewhere, which reinforces he's not at all common in looks.
Handsome-Saudi-Man.jpg

The former King Hussein of Jordan, of the Hashemite Saudi dynasty descended directly from the Prophet.
5020-king-hussein-i.jpg

He looks rather round faced to me.

Anyway, as to the main point, I would bet a hefty sum that the man in the original picture isn't completely or at all Saudi in ancestry, and even if he is, he definitely doesn't have an Italian "vibe" to me, and I'm usually pretty good at spotting those things.

As I said, I assume that the Arab man I've posted is rather from the Emirates or perhaps Qatar and not necessary a Saudi.
For not derailing this thread, I have opened another one and posted pics that show diverse Arabs from all over the gulf states, to illustrate what I mean. Sorry, Angela, but the young man in the first pic is obviously NOT Osama bin Laden.

montagem-das-fotos-de-osama-bin-laden-como-judoca-e-terrorista-1304794239507_956x500.jpg

By the way, Osama Bin Laden was a slender and very tall man(195 cm or 6'5'')
Here's some pics of young Osama B.
1988-Osama-bin-Laden-sits-001.jpg

6a00d834890c3553ef015432232f08970c-320wi

43EE39BC00000578-4854148-Osama_bin_Laden_targeted_America_when_the_United_States_made_its-a-43_1504619854800.jpg

osama+3.jpg

1988-Osama-bin-Laden-sits-001.jpg

Not a typical Greek face, his features would be quite unusual for a Greek. Not impossible though.

For I know, the most of pure Yemenite bedwins (forgotten, maybe of Wadi Hadhramaut) were of small stature, with half-long ovale face, and a not too long not crooked nose, very dolichocephalic as the most of Arabs; among them as a small minority there were people with less dolichocephalic skulls, very "bombed" broad foreheard, baldness, shorter and larger faces and more concave short nose: without any official clue, i wonder if it's not a remnant of the true original Natufian types? The Saudis as said Angela show often a mediterranean variant with very reduced jaw in height and breadth, but broad enough cheekbones plus more tendancy to fatness leading to kind of "round short ovale", and a long convexe nose, and thicker lips. The prototype of very long narrow face and long bony and crooked nose is, I think, more typical of some more northern Arabs, with some more visible input of irano-afghan type. Coon in a work said the Yemen region was inhabited by other tribes or people with less purity, among them some sub-brachycephalic ones, what shows spitre using the same names we are not always speaking of the same people...

For I know, the most of pure Yemenite bedwins (forgotten, maybe of Wadi Hadhramaut) were of small stature, with half-long ovale face, and a not too long not crooked nose, very dolichocephalic as the most of Arabs; among them as a small minority there were people with less dolichocephalic skulls, very "bombed" broad foreheard, baldness, shorter and larger faces and more concave short nose: without any official clue, i wonder if it's not a remnant of the true original Natufian types? The Saudis as said Angela show often a mediterranean variant with very reduced jaw in height and breadth, but broad enough cheekbones plus more tendancy to fatness leading to kind of "round short ovale", and a long convexe nose, and thicker lips. The prototype of very long narrow face and long bony and crooked nose is, I think, more typical of some more northern Arabs, with some more visible input of irano-afghan type. Coon in a work said the Yemen region was inhabited by other tribes or people with less purity, among them some sub-brachycephalic ones, what shows spitre using the same names we are not always speaking of the same people...

Completely agree, of course. :)

The man that I've posted is also Peninsular Arab, just less SSA or Southern Asian admixed, at least when going by his phenotype.

Quora is full of inaccurate information. What information is there on the origins of this man? Not everyone living in Saudi Arabia is an ethnic Peninsular Arab.

The image was originally published on this site

https://incels.is/

I asked for a link which was not forthcoming; ergo, fake Saudi.

That was when I was sure of the identity of the poster. Typical.

I don't think they could pass as Italians or Greeks.
They're not so different from (southern)Europeans. Particularly from Greece/southern Italy.
But they are differentiated.

More so for the Arab guys in the next pictures. For the Turks is way another thing.
Because Turks share a lot more with Europeans that other Middle Easteners, as show in this site.

Not a single Yemeni or Saudi I posted could pass in either Greece, any part of it, or Italy, Northern or Southern.

It's just a different combination of features.

The man in the picture in the original post is a different story, but even then, I'd say the northern Near East, definitely not the Arabian Peninsula. As Moesan pointed out, that's not a typical Peninsular look. Strong jaw lines are not their strong suit at all.

Ibrahim Celikkol doesn't look Turkish to me, although he's a Turkish citizen. He could pass in a number of countries in Europe, and not just Southern Europe. Extraordinarily good-looking man, imo.

Quora is full of inaccurate information. What information is there on the origins of this man? Not everyone living in Saudi Arabia is an ethnic Peninsular Arab.

The image was originally published on this site

https://incels.is/

Icelandic involuntarily celibate website? Hmmmm...not where I would expect to find a pic like that. Looks like the pic might have come from a modeling agency.

Idk, the clothes he's wearing make it hard for me to see him as an Italian or a Greek. Brown eyes, tan, dark hair? Yes. The clothes though, I immediately see him as being from Jordan or Palestine.

This thread has been viewed 7435 times.

Back