"Curse of the Asian Man"

The link doesn't work, but I assume it's Angry Asian Man. I'm glad this is the Opinion section, as mine differs from everyone else.

It's actually a very good website, and not by any means a waste of time. The fact of the matter is, regardless of how many Asian men we see successfully dating White women, etc., there is to this day an issue of Asian racism in the west. Just like there is a Black, Hispanic, and White issue. One of the problems concerning the Asian racism issue, is that due to certain demographic, social, and educational issues, it's not taken seriously. There are websites that give very good information on Asian and/or Asian-American/Western issues. But whether intentional or not, the interest doesn't go too far beyond Asians themselves when presented in a more text-book format. And since there's not a lot of actual publications, the information tends to be relegated to the internet.

So....with this comes the hook. This is where websites like Angry Asian Man come in that gives much of the same info a text-book style website will give, but with an eye-catching, over-the-top format. Once someone uses phrases like angry Asian/Asian man or male, asiaphiles/yellow fever, etc., they've got an audience. In reality, if Angry Asian Man doesn't have a girlfriend, it's probably because he is married. The knee-jerk reaction is to claim someone presenting a message like this has to be lonely and/or sexually frustrated, because Western society promotes self-improvement/ambition, which acts as a deterrent to focusing on racial issues. And we don't think Asians should voice racial issues, because we don't think they deserve to due to certain demographic reasons.

But the name Angry Asian Man itself is a hook. All one need do is state that White men have a fetish for Asian women, they stereo-type Asian men, etc., and they obtain White and non-Asian readers. They can then present the same valid facts that text-book type websites provide. And yes, AAM does provide solid facts.

Actually I know quite a lot of Asian men married to white women, but they are those who were either born in a western country like Australia for example, since I am Australian I know quite a few of them or they are English educated Asian men from Asia say Malaysia for example.

With Asian men who come from countries who speak poor western languages such as China, Taiwan, Korea or Japan, I have hardly ever heard of them with a white girl. By contrasts it seems that there are many Asian women from these countries who date or are married to white men. I know plenty because those women love to be friends with me here. I on the other hand do not choose girlfriends just because they are Asians and their boyfriends or husbands are white. In fact I would like a variety of friends not just those, after a while it feels like all your friends are clones, not very interesting.

On top of that unlike them I am not from Asia, they all seem to want a white husband to escape poverty or stressful life over there. What ever happen to simply you have fallen in love with somebody??!!!

I met a lot of foreigners since I started studying in the university here, much more than back home in Australia. All of them are here because of dreams they have of Paris or Switzerland. They all tend to think that just because they get a white boyfriend or husband they will have their dream jobs. The truth of the matter is many Europeans these days don’t want to get married they just live together and have children. Not to mention that it depends on the husband you are married to whether his position in the society is powerful enough to get you the job you want. My husband thinks majority of my classmates are dreaming.

My mum seems to agree she says that it is because of the advertising of “haute culture”!

The only foreigners who are just here to study and will return to their countries are often from first world countries from western societies, for examples the US, Canada, Germany Cyprus…etc. Even developed countries’ girls from Asia like Japan and South Korea have the same mission, the determination to find a white French guy as husbands just like poor countries’ girls like from Thailand, Cambodia or the Philippines. The only difference seems to be that many of the developed countries’ Asian girls date younger guys while many of the girls from poor countries date men double of their age and these men are often very fat!

This thread has been viewed 26998 times.

Back