did R1b corss the Caucasus with cattle ?

The paper says the Samara Indo Europeans turned out as R1b. Those Indo Europeans also had West Asian DNA. This subclade is nowadays dominant in Balkan and West Asia. We don't have any West Asian ancient samples. What makes you think, that if we found this lineage in modern West Asians, it wouldn't be found in ancient West Asians too?

And how does this prove, that R1b didn't cross the Caucasus. Above you claimed R1b couldn't have crossed from the Caucasus into Yamna because R1b z2105 was found in ancient Steppe samples (Not even Eastern European per se).

There are a dozen R1b lineages upstream to z2105 which are not found in Eastern Europe,

For the case you missed it here is my comment again.
1. Paper says that samples from Eastern Armenian Plateau are spread branch of R1b from European R1b, while in Western Armenian Plateau there are some clades that could be ancestral to European variety. Conclusion is that R1b went to Europe from Anatolia through Balkans.
2. I didn't question that Z2103 could have come from Anatolia. I just stated that this clade is popular among R1b in eastern Europe.
3. If R1b comes from Caucasus to eastern Europe and next westwards it is expected that R1b diversity was higher in Eastern European Plane then in it western part. But that is not the case.
4. Samara Region and Pontic steppe lies in eastern Europe.
There is nothing about R1b. You didn't prove jour point. AFAIC there is no genetic prove that R1b crossed Caucasus, while we have some evidence coming from present populations (Myres et al, Busby et al) and ancient DNA that meet the expectations from Yamna culture.

This thread has been viewed 18132 times.

Back