DNA study of Ancient Vikings: History Books Should Be Re-Written

Shahmiri

Reaction score
https://www.nrk.no/viten/stor-dna-studie-av-vikinger_-genetikken-overrasker-forskere-1.15159775

Gener fra Asia
I løpet av seks år har forskere fra Danmark og Storbritannia analysert genomet til 442 vikinger. Et genom er det fullstendige arvematerialet i en organisme.
Det er ganske vanlig å tro at vikinger kommer fra Skandinavia, men resultatene av de genetiske analysene forteller noe ganske annet.
Det viser seg nemlig at mange av vikingene hadde forfedre med gener fra både Asia og Sør-Europa.

Google Translation:

Genes from Asia

Over the course of six years, researchers from Denmark and the United Kingdom have analyzed the genomes of 442 Vikings. A genome is the complete genetic material of an organism.
It is quite common to think that Vikings come from Scandinavia, but the results of the genetic analyzes tell something quite different.
It turns out that many of the Vikings had ancestors with genes from both Asia and Southern Europe.

a8hzSobIQafualBsW3_JYQx9-6VM17Medhue-ehNluCw.jpg

SLIK KUNNE DET HA VÆRT: Illustrasjonen viser en viking med brune lokker og gener fra Sør-Europa.
(HOW IT COULD HAVE BEEN: The illustration shows a Viking with brown locks and genes from Southern Europe.)

I was actually searching about it everyday and finally they said it, this study can be very useful for me, I have already written a 400 pages book in Persian about the Nine Worlds of Norse Mythology. (Anshan/Bagastana, land of Germanic gods).

fhnw_midgard.jpg

This thread has been viewed 141 times.

Back