Do/Did you play musical instruments?

mikecash said:
That LicketySplit is only $129 or so. Sure it looks like a toy, but did you listen to the two sound files for it?

I must've missed that one...I'll go back and check it out. Also, I found a few on ebay today. Last time I checked there was nothing. Thanks Mike

Nice thread Misa :wave:

i havnt played an instrument before, but i would love to learn how to play the guitar ( i want to play seronades ,,, do i write good?) and just have fun playing it in my free time... not to be pro , please no... but to have fun, and put my mind in it!!!!!! i sometimes really evny this kind of persons, because of the way of outing feeling!!!!

i want to play the guitar like Jack johnson this guy is sooo good :cool:

i once tried to learn to play a piano... alas! my cats can`t stand the awful sounds i was making with my harmonica, so it lays on the shelf
so, i can be only a gratful listener, envying talented people :D

o, yeah, i can play on other people`s nerves :D

HomicidalMouse said:
I played drums at school. And i kinda taught myself to play piano. Wasnt very good though.

I am the same way. If I hear something I like I try to mimic it, it makes me think about things.

The piano for seven years. And I hated it untill about one year ago. Now it's really fun; but those other six years of piano homework and bad teachers... Don't know if I'd do it again...

Also try the bass, and drums, but... I'm not being very serious about it. I'd rather start my very own synthesizer band and do electronica or TVgame music... yaay that music is soo much fun! *starts dancing*

I played acoustic guitar since I was... umm... old enough to pick on the strings of my mother's egg-slicer gizmo, hehe. My dad taught me. I didn't get interested in playing electric guitar until I was about 15. The sort of person I am, I can't just watch and listen on things, I have to try it out... :silly: so when I got into sorts of music more like metal, rock etc. I have to play, too... I have gap between ages 20 and 23 due to illness :( now I play again, yay! :happy:

I had lessons on flute for 8 years and took the grades and theory, which was helpful for guitar even though I never read music for guitar! Also it was cool because I used to go in for competitions (by myself and as part of groups) which is really fun.

I also sung alto in 4-part choir for a few years and I had singing lessons for 2 years. This was great! :singer: but now I can't afford it any more... plus the volume... it's difficult with the neighbours because you can't turn it down of course :(

Oh, and I play piano as well, only I don't have a piano, only a keyboard... it's ok as keyboards go, but I'd much rather have a piano... but I'm only on number 3 out of my book of 85 classical pieces, so it'll be a long time before either the Albert Hall or Wembley... :blush:

eeeeeeee! I love music! :dance:

I played Tenor Saxophone for six years. I stopped when I came to college. I also make trance music with FL Studio. That's a lot of fun ^_^. I also make my own "live"-sets using Sony Soundforge. I don't own decks of my own :(.

Some might argue it is not true music,but I make my groovy, minimal Techno with 'Logic' software on a MAC, and a load of hardware(drum machines, synthesizers, sampler, compressor, FX etc...I can't read music music although I can work out chords and some melodies.
Most of what I make is more about the beats anyway,so this is not an issue.
Maybe it would be nice to learn how to play keyboards properly!

I've also owned my Technics decks for 15 years, so my mixing is pretty good (if I don't say so myself!)

Anyone need a DJ???!!!!!! - Rich 303

This thread has been viewed 17285 times.

Back