Do looks really matter?

• Yes

Votes: 35 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Sometimes, Initially, Partially...

Votes: 45 50.0%

• Total voters
I am from Pakistan, so my answer might be slightly different from European perspective.

In my country look means White Skin tone. If you have White skin tone, that means you are beautiful. Our entertainment industry is filled with fair complex people. Models, actors/actresses,, or whatsoever. Girls with pale skin gets more marriage proposal than browner or dark skin girls. Pale skin guys usually don't take girls seriously, since they know we could find anyone easily.

Advise from older people - When you look for a wife, she should be shorter in height, paler than you, and should be less educated than yourself.
-I am not generalizing everyone. There are few people who can't care about such things. Still, majority do.

I think yes.That's the first thing someone notices about you,that's the first impression,so yes it matters.

I think good looks certainly give people an advantage over people who are not considered attractive. However, envious people could also collude to undermine an attractive person they see as a threat.

Good looks/beauty do of course matter. Just take a look at how people capitalize on their appearance and get wealthy by working as Top models or actors/actresses, etc. Humans react to beautiful, attractive people positively. Even babies like good-looking faces more than people that look homely since they smile when they see a pretty face and cry when seeing someone that isn't a looker. Looking at beautiful people is like looking at art, a good painting, a great landscape, it makes you feel good, it activates positive emotions, and mesmerizes you. That's why people love to be around beautiful people, and beautiful folks get all the attention. In contrast to that, extremely unattractive-looking people can make other people feel uncomfortable and trigger discomfort. It's human nature, a deep-seated instinct to have pleasurable reactions to beauty while feeling repulsed by "ugliness". Yes, it's unfair to those who were not blessed with good looks, but nature isn't fair, although there is a way to compensate for disadvantages. SJWs and wokies don't like that. Hence, they come up with stupid things like "body positivity" and put women who suffer from obesity half or fully nacked on the cover of Beauty magazines to make a point to the chagrin of many people. The bad side effect is that people who have low self-esteem or don't like their physical appearance, suffer when seeing people who are attractive. They feel unattractive next to them, and this fact can create strong jealousy and resentment.

That said, Good looks matter, but it’s not everything. For instance, being physically attractive is for females more crucial than for men, since men are usually visually triggered and go stronger by looks than women do. Therefore, a man that isn't blessed with good looks can compensate for that with confidence, an entertaining or a charming character, and intelligence. That's why you can see men that are not handsome/attractive, but very short or overweight, or/and bald with a hot and gorgeous looking woman on their side.

In contrast to that , a man that is extremely handsome and nice to look at, but is very insecure, shy, or notoriously broke can have problems with dating highly desirable women. Men that radiate low self-esteem turn females off in the long run, even when they look like Adonis.

And of course, money and power make unappealing, if not hideous looking men sexy and attractive. That's why Weinstein could get him a beautiful wife and have kids with her.

443351.jpg

427342ef417f9f414665f683eb91a4dc.jpg

9caf0d917c326f2673a80999ee88c66db9-12-Georgina-Chapman.h412.w330.jpg

This thread has been viewed 119679 times.

Back