Do you choose PC Halloween or Non-PC Halloween?

Tomenable

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Polish
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b-L617
mtDNA haplogroup
W6a
Very PC Halloween:

Non-PC Halloween:

Which one do you want?

I choose both! Lol I haven't watched either of those videos but people who choose to boycott dressing as killer clowns need to shut up and not drag others down to their level of boring.

Usually Disney Princesses are safe, but in this stupid world of "triggers" and "cultural appropriation", I guess little European-American girls wouldn't be able to dress up as Pocahontas or Jasmine? Jasmine used to be my daughter's favorite, Jasmine and Belle. I always favored Snow White, for obvious reasons, although I was really almost too old for trick or treating by the time we got here.

In case anyone has forgotten: Jasmine :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kl4hJ4j48s

Does this mean African-American girls can't go out as Elsa the Snow Queen either?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEKLFS-aKcw

It's all so asinine.

In the days when I used to go to adult Halloween parties my husband and I once went as a thirties Mafia boss and his moll. Another year he and his friends performed a Supreme's song in women's clothes and Afro-wigs. It was done out of total respect and love for their music. My Jamaican friend howled with laughter.

I guess that's now out.

I suppose if I were still into this stuff I could go as Morticia or Elvira, as I did more than once. :)

I mean, who doesn't love Morticia and Gomez?

giphy.gif

Gomez said he thought kissing women's hands should be brought back because "after all you have to start somewhere". Sounds good to me. There are a lot of memes and gifs saying "Forget Romeo and Juliet. Give me a love like that of Gomez and Morticia." :)

Oh, here are the best sellers:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ost-popular-halloween-costumes-2016/92350826/

The serious part: Kit Kats? Reese's Peanut Butter Cups? Snickers? Hershey's Kisses? Sour Patch Kids? Candy Corn?
halloween-candy.gif

Boo to those terrible parents who give out apples and boxes of raisins! Seriously????!!!!

The following comes under the category of a guilty pleasure. This prank that some parents play on their children is so mean that I would never do it or let anyone else do it, but at the same time I do watch the video every year because, yes, it's funny. It's also a bit of a character study of the children.

"I told my kids I ate all their Halloween candy."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1pTZTHZF4E

I think I heard once that Ronald McDonald was boycotted temporarily all bc there are sickos out in the woods dressed as clowns looking for children and gluten free soccer moms who find everything offensive. The upside is people like that are so much fun to screw around with; I would LOVE to dress up as an evil clown with a little daisy patched on my chest that squirts (fake) blood in front of them while cackling psychotically and juggling fake bones of my "victim" while saying "I MET HIM AT A FAIR, HIS FINAL MOMENTS WERE QUITE A SCARE". Then they can go back inside and blog about how insensitive this world has become while drinking decaf coffee (after finding out that caffeine is a drug and growing fearful of becoming a "junkie"). This song will be playing in the background. Evil clowns rule!
https://youtu.be/PqtOWpNAs48?t=33

i would love a job as a clown, I swear I must've had an ancestor who was a court jester. I used to allow other kids back in grade school to make me do stupid, comical and silly things to get them to laugh and I enjoyed every minute. I would gladly perform foolish acts for the entertainment of others

Halloween is coming up here in the Netherlands :( Crab! I prefer the old Sint Maarten feast (11 november), with children creating lampions and singing Sint Maartens songs from door to door to collect lots of sweets (and fruits, sometimes....;)

sint maarten.jpgSint Maarten 2.jpg

Halloween is coming up here in the Netherlands :( Crab! I prefer the old Sint Maarten feast (11 november), with children creating lampions and singing Sint Maartens songs from door to door to collect lots of sweets (and fruits, sometimes....;)

View attachment 8173View attachment 8174

Ah...they're so adorable.

That looks more like something I would like. I never had a problem with the costumes for my daughter because what she usually wanted to be was a pumpkin, or a Disney Princess, or a cat, or later Galadriel.

It might amuse you, or not, that they sell a costume here called "The Little Dutch Girl":
9789-2main.jpg

With my son, once he was over the superhero stage he, and his friends, wanted to go as horror movie characters, like the Grim Reaper or Freddy Kreuger, and all that, and it bothered me, although I lost a lot of those arguments. We sort of have twenty four hour marathons of horror movies on television too, which I don't like, because some of them just look like celebrations of gore to me, although both my son and my daughter watch them. Then there's the fact that the teenage boys sometimes did a number on all the houses with eggs or toilet paper or the silly string.

I could do without all of the above.

Ah...they're so adorable.

That looks more like something I would like. I never had a problem with the costumes for my daughter because what she usually wanted to be was a pumpkin, or a Disney Princess, or a cat, or later Galadriel.

It might amuse you, or not, that they sell a costume here called "The Little Dutch Girl":
9789-2main.jpg

With my son, once he was over the superhero stage he, and his friends, wanted to go as horror movie characters, like the Grim Reaper or Freddy Kreuger, and all that, and it bothered me, although I lost a lot of those arguments. We sort of have twenty four hour marathons of horror movies on television too, which I don't like, because some of them just look like celebrations of gore to me, although both my son and my daughter watch them. Then there's the fact that the teenage boys sometimes did a number on all the houses with eggs or toilet paper or the silly string.

I could do without all of the above.

LOL what a nice costume, a fare reminder of the Volendam costume
:volendam.jpg
only for American and Chinese tourist of course ;)

But this was indeed particular for this small fishing community. Also know for their keen commercial "paling sound" = "eel sound"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nrJnFyaW5Q

The only place I know where the wear regular (especially the old people) "klederdracht" is Staphorst, with a very religious, amish like, population:
staphorst.jpgstaphorst 2.jpgstaphorst3 .jpg

Did not watch videos, but I rather this blond girl than clown. Not only for Halloweens.

I never liked Halloween, well except parts were gummy bears were involved and some funny costumes. For me the idea of halloweening is repugnant, at least the original one. Trick or treat? Meaning, give me something or I destroy your property. Should we say extortion, intimidation or terrorism?
It's other main part, the celebration of gory is from psychopath joy books and movies.
Yyyyyuk.
Another "nice" side of human condition.

This thread has been viewed 6006 times.

Back