Dubya's State of the Union

I only caught clips and reviews from the news. It's starting to look like he's more willing to straddle partisan lines now that he doesn't have to worry about re-election.

And yes, we are addicted to oil.

I was mostly looking for any, ANY, mention that he would be protecting the American people from terriorist attacks by securing our borders. But, alas, nary a word was said and still thousands of illegals flood in every month.

I guess the Council of Foreign Relations is correct in their saying that by 2010 there will be no more borders in the US. After all it is they, among others, who make the rules. President Bush just does and says what he's told to. A simple puppet on a string.

Of course we're addicted to oil. we have no other choice to get to work. It's not like we can fill up with hydrogen or corn oil or such.

Funny that he did not mention New Orleans and the effects of Katrina. Thousands are still without homes. And to add insult to injury, New Orleans was rocked by tornados this past week that destroyed many homes that were being rebuilt.

No. He does not have the American peoples interests at heart. He didn't even mention the fact that Ford and GM would be closing many factories and moving to China and putting 30,000 people out of work.

The State of The Union: :( :(

I have yet to find any State of the Union speech from any president (since I started paying attention when I first started voting) to contain useful substance. These speeches are written for History herself. For example: Cutting back on oil by, what 2025 (I forget when he said) is a politician's standard way of making it S.E.P.*

* hint: Think Douglas Adams

If I heard right, I also think he had used the phrase: "...weapons of mass murder," rather than the embarrassing "weapons of mass destruction," which we all know now is a phrase that is egg on his face.

Did anyone else catch that? Perhaps I am wrong, but I did think I heard him say that.

Overall though, I wasn't impressed by it. I particularly didn`t like the ornamentation of the present audience with the mother and father of one of the fallen soldiers and then using this person's words from his letter he had written. I just found it politicising death in order to garner more support. That is my opinion, though, and I am guessing the mother and father of the fallen soldier view it differently.

However, I would guess that there are some families with sons and daughters serving who also may be against the war and did not view it in good form like myself.

At one point when he was talking about human animal cloning and hybrids, I thought he was going to launch into the "dangers of robots speech."

"America is addicted to oil."

Well, look who's talking. :eek:kashii:

Ma Cherie said:
"America is addicted to oil."
Well, look who's talking. :eek:kashii:

I found it funny that he thought it was necessary to mention.

How much longer is this dope in office for?
Maybe the next guy won't be quite as bad. Well, maybe he'll be less obvious about it, at least.

Pachipro said:
Funny that he did not mention New Orleans and the effects of Katrina. Thousands are still without homes. And to add insult to injury, New Orleans was rocked by tornados this past week that destroyed many homes that were being rebuilt.
Indeed, he said nothing about Katrina or New Orleans.
I recently saw some knocked over trailors and cars in what looked like a mechanic shop yard. I thought, "oh they still have not picked those up from Katrina." Then I heard that a tornado hit that immediate area and this damage was done by the tornado.
Though people are trying to pick up the pieces, the town is still a mess and nothing is being done! Most New Orleanians are not living there now and won't be for a long time. And it is now next to impossible to get a working and livable trailor in anything less than 5 months, if that! Where is the help from the U.S. Government?

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 603 times.

Back