Evolution of smell-does pork smell sweet to you?

I make pork burgers all the time, only here they sell them as pork patties. I also get the butcher at the local Italian food store to give me ground Italian sausage (from before they put it into the casing) and I make patties from them. It's a way of reproducing what in Italy we call "chiodo". Absolutely yummy.
I'm not much of a cook, but my wife is awesome chef across many cuisines (not by occupation). She does a polish version of pork burgers, mielone. Add young potatoes with dill and fresh salad to them and I have my little heaven on a plate or on my rye sourdough bread. :)
kotlety-mielone-S.jpg

I've never actually developed much of a taste for American style beef hamburgers. They're usually cooked too much for me, and I don't like ketchup. They can be good if made with really good quality beef and maybe some sauteed mushrooms, and maybe gruyere on top, so long as it's medium rare, otherwise it gets too tough for me.
I'm compeletely with you with all of these. Love shrooms and usually souses and ketchup should be reserved to cover taste of lousy foods. When ingredients are good (organic) they don't need help of ketchup or souses, though I can appreciate a good souse on occasions. I say, if you need to put ketchup on something you shouldn't eat this food in first place. No taste = no nutritional value.

You're right, chicken dark meat is tastier. I totally agree about lamb. We eat a lot of lamb where I come from, but almost never the meat from grown sheep or mutton. I don't know how other cultures eat it. To me it has such a strong, "gamy" taste. Even with lamb I only eat it if its made the Italian (and French) way...garlic, herbs, white wine...oh, and all the fat has to be cut away, because that's what carries that "strong" taste. Lamb chops with garlic, thyme and red wine is heavenly.
The best lamb this year came from Costco. It was already cooked, my wife gave it final touches, and it was delicious without "mutton fat" taste at all. When it comes to food, Costco surprises me with quality of their products, especially veggies and fruits during long Canadian winter. Ripe and full of taste. So surprising for a big chain store.

Oh, organ meats...I'd never order them, but I don't find any food so disgusting that I wouldn't eat it (well, maybe insects). A friend I met in France used to love to make "rognone" or kidneys. I didn't have the heart to say I didn't really care for them.
My favorite is liver with onions.
watrobka_drobiowa_z_ziolami.jpeg

οκ Pork

Pork with celery roots, with with various else smells

5bc5fc04f269dc68fc0bf249587cdc28.jpg

in the main dish you can put different things to add flavors

in my place we put
extra onions and egg-lemon sauce
you can also see it with extras
rosemary
leek
red long peppers

SOUVLAKI
the most known Greek fast food Souvlaki Gyros and soutzouk-kioftedes (last is Turkish word)
in Greece we do not eat hamburgers and avoid fried food (except potatoes)

is

small pieces of pork from certain body parts on a stick Cooked above oak coal
lemon
oregon

sometimes you see it with tzatziki (Greek/Thracian Yogurt garlic and cucumber (not European yogurt cream or smetana))

as for lamp or goat

Lamp/Goat with Spinach

DSC_0009_thumb4.jpg

even songs have been written about that food

fish oysters sea creatures,
many ways

2 different less known recipies

Mussels σαγανακι saganaki/sawhanaki

2523-midia-saganaki-me-kokkini-saltsa-by-zouzounel.jpg

tiger mussels,
tomatoes
hot peppers

extra flavors
green long pepper
wine (red dry semisweat)
retsina (a wine specially produced only in Greece with pine resin)
feta cheese
onions
garlic
lemon
parslay
dill
mustard powder instead of hot peppers
ρεικια reikia ( akind of seaweed)
Ζαγkλιβeρι ginger
(warning, mussels oysters etc must be gathered by those who know, avoid mussels that were 'planted' on ships and mettals)

fish soup

fish with soft white or yellow meat
most delicious scorpina (scorpaena fish) (cod/haddock can be fine also)

skorpina.jpg

onions
potatoes
tomatoes

extras
lemon
celery

(avoid eggs or cheese with some fish due to phosphoros)

This thread has been viewed 12526 times.

Back