Genetic Origins of Minoans and Mycenaeans

that is the point

All Mycenean samples are Y J2a1 and most mt X2

yet archaiology shows a connection among Vucedol and Peloponesos around 2500 BC
that was also my believes until Lazarides last paper,
that is known from 1830 and described well at 1928, but with wrong believes that Dorians were that era,
today we know that Dorian descent is after Mycenean palaces civilization collapse (sea peoples)

Lazarides papper is like a 'bomb' to the previous archaiological theory of Myceneans

and 'shook' all I knew as well tested before

also before them shows much G2a2 Y-dna

This is only the beginning it seems....

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

[/QUOTE]

Another flaccid attempt at ********. :useless:

You consider anthropology from the 1920s as more useful than modern genetic science. Perhaps you shouldn't stop there, and consider adhering to medical advice from this era as well.

DYwGisb.jpg

UGzMnGD.jpg

^Calm down. I do not believe all this, this may represent an ideal type of beauty rather than the truth. I myself am a brunette and I like it.
The text is from 300s/400s AD.

^Calm down. I do not believe all this, this may represent an ideal type of beauty rather than the truth. I myself am a brunette and I like it.
The text is from 300s/400s AD.

You're a liar, and that was not your intention. Merely putting the block quote with no context as to what you mean, speaks for itself. You try to mislead people by posting nothing but garbage.

What is so bad about ancient Greeks being blonde?

come on,

it is another thing the ancient Greek Ξανθος and the ancient Greek Πωλιος

so now that you learn the language of Gods,
stop Stupidity

@Angela,

Why would suggest Phoenicians were similar to Myceneans if Phoenician were Semitic speakers from the Levant? Makes no sense.

@Angela,

Why would suggest Phoenicians were similar to Myceneans if Phoenician were Semitic speakers from the Levant? Makes no sense.

Sorry, I can't respond because I don't understand what you're asking.

ED. Pray tell, how was I supposed to respond to this question? What do Phoenicians have to do with Mycenaeans? When the question doesn't make any sense you can't answer it.

Last edited:
Sorry, I can't respond because I don't understand what you're asking.

I confused Philistines with Phoenicians. Anyways, Philistines certainly weren't from the Agean.

I don't know why we bother to try to find and analyze ancient dna. Ditto for archaeology. We can just go to Fire-Haired and his crystal ball.

Go pick up an ancient history textbook at your college and read about the Philistines. Read about the Sea Peoples while you're at it. Figure out the difference between a Philistine and a Phoenician while you're at it.

If you get more ambitious go to google scholar for some papers.

Last edited:
No need for insults. hWhy did Philistines have a kingdom in the biblical Near East if they were from the Aegean? It just sounds like an unneeded complication. The Agean origin thing is just a theory not accepted fact. And as far as I know Modern Levanties shift towards Mesoptamia not Europe compared to BA Levanties.

No need for insults. hWhy did Philistines have a kingdom in the biblical Near East if they were from the Aegean? It just sounds like an unneeded complication. The Agean origin thing is just a theory not accepted fact. And as far as I know Modern Levanties shift towards Mesoptamia not Europe compared to BA Levanties.

"Several theories are given about the origins of the Philistines. Some biblical passages connect the Philistines to other biblical groups such as Caphtorim and the Cherethites and Pelethites, which have both been identified with Crete[9] which has led to the tradition of an Aegean origin,[10] although this theory has been disputed.[11][12][13] In 2016, a large Philistine cemetery was discovered, containing more than 150 dead buried in oval-shaped graves, indicating an Aegean origin, which is yet to be confirmed by genetic testing.[9][14][15][16]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philistines

Nobody knows their genetic origin yet. They could be Levantine, they could be Greek, who knows for certain?

Why are Bronze Age Levantines more European than moderns?

And just because they established a kingdom in the levant doesn't imply they're Levantine. I think the French or English built a kingdom in Jerusalem during the crusades, right? But we all know they aren't middle eastern.

You would think that before pontificating and making predictions people would at least do a Wiki search to educate themselves to a bare minimum, wouldn't you? At least enough to know the difference between Canaanites and Philistines and Phoenicians, and maybe to get a bit of a handle on the Sea People phenomenon.

As to the original question, it's a good thing my sense of humor never deserts me. :)

You would think that before pontificating and making predictions people would at least do a Wiki search to educate themselves to a bare minimum, wouldn't you? At least enough to know the difference between Canaanites and Philistines and Phoenicians, and maybe to get a bit of a handle on the Sea People phenomenon.

As to the original question, it's a good thing my sense of humor never deserts me. :)

Angela, Bronze Age Levantines were 6'8 with blonde hair. I just ran a Bronze Age Levantine's data through eurogenes and the results are:

North Atlantic: 50
Baltic: 50

Single Population
Swedish: 0.000000
Irish: 0.000000

50 percent Norwegian 50 percent Übermenschen

100 percent ubermenschen

Ze levsntz art ze Übermensch! Ve celevrate!

@Angela,

Once again, there's no need for insults. I don't deserve this. It's a shame you a moderator behave in this way. You clearly have a bias and hate against me like you do against Davidski. No matter what we see you attack us. You know I'm one of the few members of Eupedia who contributes with original thoughts and work. I contribute to all kinds of discussion. Moderators are supposed to treat such members with respect.

This thread has been viewed 1178997 times.

Back