Guess him; don' t quote

THsoe races DONT EXIST. just going off loooks it is about time u look at DNA not 1800's scientists.

Of course they exist
always have - always will

Both Anthropology and Genetics are scientific fields of Biology;

They do not exclude or debunk each other;
They confirm each other;

Are those Italian Stone pines behind you in the middle photo? Isn't there a road built by the ancient Romans over there where they planted Italian Stone pines along the street and they are alive to this day? I'm hoping there's a tree geek on this site.

You don't have to be a tree geek, lol. They're often called umbrella pines and they're ubiquitous along the littoral of both Liguria and Toscana. We collect the nuts from the cones...pignole...they're an important ingredient in pesto sauce, which we eat often in my part of Italy. The Via Aurelia, which runs along the coast indeed is lined with them along parts of the route. There's also a lovely forest of them around the resort of Forte dei Marmi, which is THE place to go in the summer, and at Torre del Lago as well. Then there's the Maremma...my American friend are always quite intrigued by the idea of Italian cowboys.

They give off a lovely scent, especially at night and when mingled with the smell of the sea.

Last edited:
You don't have to be a tree geek, lol. They're often called umbrella pines and they're ubiquitous along the littoral of both Liguria and Toscana. We collect the nuts from the cones...pignole...they're an important ingredient in pesto sauce, which we eat often in my part of Italy. The Via Aurelia, which runs along the coast indeed is lined with them along parts of the route. There's also a lovely forest of them around the resort of Forte dei Marmi, which is THE place to go in the summer, and at Torre del Lago as well. Then there's the Maremma...my American friend are always quite intrigued by the idea of Italian cowboys.

They give off a lovely scent, especially at night and when mingled with the smell of the sea.
Thank you so much for the confirmation. Here in most parts of the U.S. those pines would be considered rare and unusual. I do know of a road in La Jolla (near San Diego-- coastal California) that is lined with these beauties and they really add dimension and character to their surroundings. And anytime you receive food production from an ornamental tree... that's a nice bonus.

This thread has been viewed 8365 times.

Back