Guess this man

Some Scottish actors, to me examples of typical Scottish types.James Mcevoy.jpgGerard_Butler.jpgSean-Connery-as-James-Bond.jpgBroadchurch-david-tennant.jpg

Beddoe...this applies to the combination of dark hair and dark eyes...the darkest color is 20% of the population:

430px-PSM_V52_D174_Relative_brunetness_of_the_british_isles.png

As to Orcadians, this is what they look like...

b67f165e87c9f026373364141674331414f6744.jpg

Erland_artistas.gif

The-Magnetic-North-photo-1-WEB.jpg

web-1108-Sheree-YTS-WUX.jpg

More like this:

team_resized.jpg

The Orkney Islands are well known to have had Scandinavian influence. It has been noticed (starting with Gray's pigmentation survey of Scotland in 1908) that they have a higher frequency of lighter features than most other areas of Scotland.

InfoboxTE.jpg

This is Welsh Tom Ellis doing the part of a Spanish Barman in Mirandas Sitcom on BBC :)

I'm glad here because I cannot post photos; this man seems to me a good example of what would have been roughly the mean types of the 'Long Barrows' people, possibly some north-oriental mediterranean type (more) with some atlantic mesolithic people accretions (less) - all the way this "type" is a relatively weak component in Wales traditonal folks but it is there they can be found without too long "prospections". Could be found at lower imput all over Atlantic shores
face neither broad nor narrow, not too high, very long dolichocephalic skull of mean relative height, eyes open on the outsides (lateral).

More like this:

team_resized.jpg

The Orkney Islands are well known to have had Scandinavian influence. It has been noticed (starting with Gray's pigmentation survey of Scotland in 1908) that they have a higher frequency of lighter features than most other areas of Scotland.

the people on this picture don't seem peculiarly light haired (I know, pictures are not reality!) - I wonder if in fact the fairest and more commonly fair ones are not in Zetlands/Shetlands%?
te Beddoe'smap doesn't make too much sense for me in some regions (Ulster, SwScorland, NE Scotland-Grampians, Durham, London area...) and doesn't check other "half-serious" maps nor my observations. the Western Highland (Argyle) has/HAD a lot of dark haired people (28%/30%?) but their eyes are very often light or middle-light, so I have some difficulty to believe he really founds 20% or more of combining dark haired + dark eyed people: even in Wales he did not find that:

concerning cinema, picture or cartoon, and actors/actresses, I remarked they are very often chosen for they are different from the common level citizens of their country.

This thread has been viewed 10056 times.

Back