Haplogroup F and sedentarism

Mmiikkii

Reaction score
Ethnic group
southern EUROPEAN
The men that carried the haplogroup CF left as descendants most subclades of Y-DNA and circa 90% of the men in the world (Europeans, Asians, Australians, Americans... all but Africans).

The main thing is that the boom that gave rise to all this different clades that span different racial groups, happened in a very 'short' period of time circa 50,000 years ago.
From the perspective of an archeologist, the remains of people of the time are the same era.
From the perspective of a geneticist, there are not that many different mutations.
And yet, they all exist in very diverse populations, while being very close in space and time at the moment of their birth.

An overwhelming majority of CF, is haplogroup F, 99% of these billions of men that live in the world right now.

If we look at the past and present Haplogroup C carriers, we found them in Belgium and Russia 33-35000 years ago(deep in Prehistory), while today they're in big numbers in Mongolia and Kazajistan (in the center of the Eurasian steppe) as well as in Australian Aborigenes.

All the places that I just mentioned are geographically connected.
Belgium to Russia, to Central Asia, to China (most of them today live in China, even though they're relatively tiny in number).
All this places are "united" by the Eurasian plain, the geographical vertebral column of Europe and Asia, the biggest in population and area of all continents.
And then after crossing the islands of 'Indonesia' they conquered flat and large Australia.

All these 3 populations (Mongols, Kazajs and Aboriginals) have:
-Lived in the STONE AGE AS NOMADIC PEOPLES until recently.
-They're 1 of the 2 first haplogroups(with F) to be born and the 1st to expand.
-The 1st who came into existance right before the extermination of Neanderthals and other Human and hominin populations.
-Mongols have been known to go on massive sudden conquests in recent times, they didn't exterminate Asians, let alone replace their way of life; but they massacred them on several occasions and imposed their rule on them.
-They CONTROL VAST AREAS of land even TODAY. Deserts and steppes, but in the past they controlled more...

All this leads me to think haplogroup C descends from a group of warring prehistoric clans(later evolving into tribes) that were the frontline against the archaic populations that they encountered.

BUT... today the population is not nomadic prehistoric, it's historic sedentary.
Haplogroup C, before reproducing his lineage into different corners of the world, had a brother that we call haplogroup F.

This man is the 1 that fathered the billions of men that we see today.
So, I postulate that the advantage this man had is that he and his wife, were able to adopt more sedentary and artisanal work, as well as mastering communal relations and strategy to expand to bigger sizes and better houses and weapons in order to outcompete their rivals.

I say this because:
Haplogroup F proper only exists in South and Southeast Asia, in the tribes and the low caste.
And their 2 next big subclades are G and H.

G haplogroup is remembered for being big during the early stages of the Neolithic in Caucasoid lands.
While their next relative, H, did the same in the Indus Valley ('Pakistan' speaking in today's terms).

So them being related to the Neolithic peoples pretty much proves THE GENERALS of my point. The specifics are up to discussion.

Last edited:
I sometimes liken Adam to Haplogroup F; i have no knowledge or authority to believe this though. He was probably like the onceler from the Lorax after passing thru nod and establishing sustenance off of grain and meat, and his many sons were destined to carve and squander the earth, while absorbing the rest of humans and becoming "man".

In addition
This haplogroup is most likely linked with the omnipresent female haplogroup R

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 1850 times.

Back