Have you seen Fahrenheit 9/11 and what do you think of it ?

Have you seen Fahrenheit 9/11 ?

• I am American and old enough to vote => Yes

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • I am American but too young to vote => Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am American and old enough to vote => No

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I am American but too young to vote => No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am not American => Yes

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I am not American => No

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
I think the sheer irony is funny.

So what if Moore uses less than savy methods to fight back? It's not like his opposition has been completely honest, either. I think the Bush supporters who complain about him are hilarious; it's like a criminal complaining he was "set-up" by the police. Well, duh.... If it's not a clean fight to begin with, don't be surprised if someone kicks sand in your eyes.

I just watched "Farenheit 9/11" followed by a movie called "Farenhype" which is about his lies and how Michael Moore tried to manupilate people in "Farenheit 9/11".

To me, "Farenheit 9/11" didn't make much sense at all. I was offended by the way how Michael Moore showed the only negative side of the military and act of the soldiers who were in Iraq. He did not even interviewed those soldiers himself, all he did was pasting the clips that were brought to him.

I didn't have much expectation in "Farenheit 9/11" after watching "Bowling for Colombine" which was another propaganda about 'gun control', even so, it is dissapointing to see that a lot of people seemed to think the movie was one of the best movies ever made...

At the movie store where I work, they have 20 copies of "Farenheit 9/11" and only two copies of "Farenhype", which seems very biased.

This Farenhype movie sounds like one worth seeing. I'll have to look for it next time I go to the movie rental place.

One thing I have to admit, as someone who shares a lot of Micheal Moore's political sympathies, is that some of the criticisms about him playing fast and loose with the facts are true. He does present a very narrow range of facts to support his posititon while ignoring others that might qualify or contradict what he is saying.

One thing that kind of bothers me is that Moore today seems to be acting a lot more like a Rush Limbaugh style media whore than he used to. 8 or 9 years ago he was kind of a cool outsider exposing corporate corruption in a way that was very amusing to watch. I really liked his programs TV nation and the Awful Truth. But now that he's gone big time I think he has let it go to his head. Did anybody read his last two books? They are crap. His first book, "Downsize this" was great, made me laugh. But "Stupid White Men" and "Dude, where's my country?" are pretty damned boring re-hashing of political information he just gleaned from reading the papers and decided to write books (I should say 'a book', because they cover pretty much the exact same stuff) about them. I was also pretty put off when I saw the cover of his new book, the compilation of letters from soldiers serving in Iraq. A picture of Moore's face with a little US flag in his hand. Why the hell does he feel the need to have his face posted everywhere like that?

Reading his blogs that he posts on his website recently I've noticed that he sounds a lot like the right wing windbags on FOX or wherever. I suppose its good, if the right are going to benefit from that kind of thing it only makes sense for the left to try too. Still, I kind of find myself loosing interest in the guy.

I doubt it.
He will need the money to make another movie about

"Presidential Election 2004!!" or
"What Disney has done to me!!"

This thread has been viewed 1779 times.

Back