This guy is 100% Irish in background

1701834729547.png

1701834743278.png

1701834758005.png
1701834770155.png
1701834808687.png
1701834851443.png
1701834933904.png

Is it just me or does he look like pseudo half Korean or something lol?

This guy is 100% Irish in background

View attachment 14582

View attachment 14583

View attachment 14584
View attachment 14585
View attachment 14586
View attachment 14587
View attachment 14588

Is it just me or does he look like pseudo half Korean or something lol?
Except his eyes from, he has nothing East-Asian; but I think he has some 'mediter' input (not amazing for Irishmen) and I think his eyes could be inherited from some EHG input, so not more amazing. Coon noticed Finnishlike traits among some Irishmen (linked to ANE part of EHG too ?) and some rare 'mongoloidlike' eyelids have been noticed too in Scotland, Wales and even Brittany (Bigouden); maybe the same origin for all of them? Some Scandinavians show this too.
Now are these traits inherited directly from individuals among Steppic elements or later from Vikings of specific regions?

Except his eyes from, he has nothing East-Asian; but I think he has some 'mediter' input (not amazing for Irishmen) and I think his eyes could be inherited from some EHG input, so not more amazing. Coon noticed Finnishlike traits among some Irishmen (linked to ANE part of EHG too ?) and some rare 'mongoloidlike' eyelids have been noticed too in Scotland, Wales and even Brittany (Bigouden); maybe the same origin for all of them? Some Scandinavians show this too.
Now are these traits inherited directly from individuals among Steppic elements or later from Vikings of specific regions?
Maybe, but he's also got some stronger cheekbones too, coarse thick straight hair, and weak facial hair growth, also associated with Asian populations. Not saying he can't be Irish, but yeah I think some kind of ANE component is definitely possible. Sometimes things pop up from latent gene expression, I dunno.

Uneasy to say for cheekbones: in the 3/4 profile they don't seem projected forwards so (it's the criterium for 'eastasian' type)s. This kind of broad cheekbones were common among EHG and among some WHG too (look at Loschbour and numerous others!) Even in the Mediterranean world this kind of cheekbones is not absent. I suppose that if you give him more 'europeanlike' eyes, he could passe very more easily. Straight head hair is not 'per se' an 'easrasiatic' trait and here I'm not sure his hair is so straight by nature (it's a question of length and combing. Just MO.
I agree again that the 'eastasian'like features in northern Europe is likely to be an ANE inheritage. That said, a recent study shew northeastern Europe received a north Siberian demic input from northern Siberia or surroundings before our era, if I remember well.
&: some Slavs and Irishmen were known for their broad cheekbones (even if they aren't the only ones in Europe).

Mmm being an Australian Ive never seen this look.
I look again at him, and, well, yes, he shows a bit of east-asian look. But how ancient is the supposed input, I don't know. Maybe not as recent as peoeple may think... (same light traces in Brittany and other Celtic regions of NW Europe)

My sister thinks I look like Yao Ming, the Chinese basketball player (the irony, at 5'9" I am far closer in height to the average Chinese than their giant countryman) while I am 99.4% White and 0.6% Native American. On 23andMe I am 77% British Isles, while on Ancestry I am 78% Irish, English, Welsh, and Scottish (basically the same dataset), I for one think she is full of...stuff, but I wonder what others might think.IMG_0144.jpeg

Why do some people assume that ANE looked East Asian? They are a proxy meta-population, used to explain some archeogenetic models and data. They dispersed in various directions just like the Indo-Europeans later. Different ANE groups mixed with different populations. As odd as it is to see Europeans with epicanthic folds, there is nothing unusual about them and they can be found in all human populations across the planet. There is a British actor looks similarly to Keoghan, albeit not as "extreme." His name is Martin McDougall.

Why do some people assume that ANE looked East Asian? They are a proxy meta-population, used to explain some archeogenetic models and data. They dispersed in various directions just like the Indo-Europeans later. Different ANE groups mixed with different populations. As odd as it is to see Europeans with epicanthic folds, there is nothing unusual about them and they can be found in all human populations across the planet. There is a British actor looks similarly to Keoghan, albeit not as "extreme." His name is Martin McDougall.
I doubt the epicanthic fold was found in very ancient pop of the planet. BTW this McDougall (father: Scot, mother: American) doesn't show as much east-asian-like input as the Irish actor (who shows very little). He has not the very same eyelids and as a whole shows typical HGlike input, for me at least.

Otherwise I agree we don't know too much about the so called ANE 's look. the first core of this pop surely had a lot of archaic traits, and after dispersion and crossings with others it's very risky to propose a definite type of them. The pop's rich of this component lived at first in a region where some of the westasian and eastasian traits cristallized separately, themselves staying in a kind of no man's land, where the polarization of these opposite traits could have been hesitating so?

I doubt the epicanthic fold was found in very ancient pop of the planet. BTW this McDougall (father: Scot, mother: American) doesn't show as much east-asian-like input as the Irish actor (who shows very little). He has not the very same eyelids and as a whole shows typical HGlike input, for me at least.

I remember McDougall from the excellent BBC docudrama "Space Odyssey: Voyage to the Planets" from 2004. He was significantly younger at the time and it appears that those "traits" were more visible then. But he definitely doesn't show as much of these traits as Barry Keoghan. Not even Patrick Stewart.

As for the ANE, we are talking about a (ghost) meta-population from a period when the West/East Eurasian split was relatively recent. East Eurasian doesn't equal East Asian. The East Eurasian input among ANEs is said to be Tianyuan man-related. There were no East Asians 40.000 years ago, when Tianyuan man lived. "Mongoloid" traits appear 10.000 years later and are associated with haplogroups N and O that came from the south and replaced R. I know the following categories do not exist in population genetics but perhaps the ANE were just what their name suggests: North Eurasians. Something similar can be said about the AASI as being South Eurasians but I'm going out on a limb here and speak in highly speculative terms.

I have come across claims that the ANE looked "Amerindian" as if Native Americans remained phenotypically unchanged for 30.000+ years. No, the ANE didn't look "Amerindian" because they are the product of a later mix between just an ANE-derived population carrying haplogroup Q and East Asians.

Last edited:
diverse 'east-asians' are just the more evolved and drifted (and some way crossed) followers of some of the 'east eurasians'. The same for others late pop's compared to their ancestral pop's. East-Asians as others are not born in a night. Some of their traits were born before the supposed "date of birth" given to them, and these traits have surely been common with ancient ANE pop's when others were not.

No opposition to you here. I agree too concerning the most of Amerindians. spite some of the Northamerindians could have stayed closer to old forms.

This thread has been viewed 5549 times.

Back