J1 and J2

I tend to agree with this, although I've struggled to find evidence for Haplogroup I having a Paleolithic presence in the Balkans

I am starting to agree with the theory that haplogroup I's present distribution in the Balkans is the result of relatively recent migrations. Though this by itself doesn't reduce the strong likely-hood that the people themselves are largely descendants of Cro-Magnons.

New to the site.

I am J13c3 and after reading these comments on the thread, I am more confused that ever.

On 23andme, my results (ancestry painting) is 100% European. I am as fair haired with light blue eyes as you can be. So don’t understand the middle eastern connections, etc. I was adopted so but know my biological mother was as fair as me.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I revised your profile suzan and, as expected, you're female xD

That means your Y-DNA cannot be traced without sampling a brother or your father. J1c3c corresponds to your Mt-DNA, and as far as I know, maternal lines in Europe tend to be much older than paternal ones. According to my knowledge concerning your subclade, it's typically Western European even considering that maternal J as group originated in the middle east. All Europeans nowadays have connections with the middle east, despite the fact are quite distant.

My paternal haplogroup is J1*, non-semitic. My maternal haplogroup is T1. Meant to of been a high maternal haplogroup in andronovo.

I am also j13c3

I am looking for my mothers biological parents. She was adopted and her mother supposedly was from Germany. My mother was born in New mexico on April 7 1949. I am also confused by all of this.

QUOTE=suzan;400861]New to the site.
I am J13c3 and after reading these comments on the thread, I am more confused that ever.
On 23andme, my results (ancestry painting) is 100% European. I am as fair haired with light blue eyes as you can be. So don’t understand the middle eastern connections, etc. I was adopted so but know my biological mother was as fair as me.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I am looking for my mothers biological parents. She was adopted and her mother supposedly was from Germany. My mother was born in New mexico on April 7 1949. I am also confused by all of this.

QUOTE=suzan;400861]New to the site.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
[/QUOTE]

This thread is about the Y-DNA haplogroups J1 and J2. Since you are female you don't have a Y chromosome and so you wont know your Y haplogroup. Mtdna haplogroup
and Y dna haplogroup are different things.

Regardless, it's possible to have a "middle eastern" haplogroup that comes form a very very distant ancestor, and still be ~100% "european" genetically, since the
Mtdna haplogroup has only 37 genes, and the Y haplgroup has ~300 genes. This is a tiny percentage of the genes in your dna.

This thread has been viewed 67437 times.

Back