K12a admixture calculator

I'm of Kurdish origin. And since Kurds have the so called ancient 'Iranic' roots I do consider my ethnicity as Iranic.

This is very personal, of course, about your self-identity, but it is rather unusual from my point of logic - why to consider yourself Iranian if you're Kurdish? Usually people try to identify themselves with something more particular rather than more general - like people from Spain being Catalan or Basque ... Me also, being more than half Samogitian (one of the Lithuanian ethnicity) ...

Goga, we might know several generations before us, but we can never be sure of a deeper past without doing a test :)
Without looking at the Kristal Boll I'm sure that my autosomal DNA would tell me that I'm from Kurdistan and that I do belong mostly to the West Asian group between Georgians (Caucasians) and Persians.

This is very personal, of course, about your self-identity, but it is rather unusual from my point of logic - why to consider yourself Iranian if you're Kurdish? Usually people try to identify themselves with something more particular rather than more general - like people from Spain being Catalan or Basque ... Me also, being more than half Samogitian (one of the Lithuanian ethnicity) ...
I'm not an Iranian and I'm not from Iran, I'm 'Iranic'. And I absolutely ain't no a Pan-Iranist. I will be the luckiest person on earth when the free world will teach Persians a great lesson about freedom. For me Persians are the same as Turks and Arabs, and maybe even worse.

But I'm who I am. I'm not only Iranic by 'ethnicity' (roots) but also by language, culture (ethics, moral standards, values) and also by religion. I mean even even my religion, that's related to the Zoroastrianism, is Iranic.

Merry Christmas to all those celebrating, and/or sympathizing!
Back to the K12a.
I've joined the Dodecad project also (maybe soon we'll have enough Ukrainians-D). Dienekes ran my 23 & me results just days ago. Here is what he gives me: (I'll put the Yunusbaev Ukrs. in parenth. for comparison)
Mediterranean: 26.9 (19.5)
Far Asian: 0.3 (0.3)
Siberian: 1.5 (0.9)
North European: 52.3 (60.6)
South Asian: 1.0 (0.7)
West African: 0 (0)
Caucasus: 13.6 (13.7)
Gedrosia: 1.6 (0.8)
East African: 0 (0)
Southwest Asian 2.8 (2.9)
Southeast Asian: 0 (0.4)
Northwest African 0 (0.2)
Some of this I found a bit surprising. Gedmatch (which admits to some differences with the previous Dodecad calculator) had me practically identical to the Yunusbaev contingent. Now I see large distinctions in some areas (esp. NE and Med.). Perhaps this is due to the sample origin. The Yunusbaev group apparently sampled Ukrainians in the Caucasus area (we don't know how long they resided there or where they came from). I am of solid West Ukrainian stock on both sides of the family going back more than 400 years. We've assimilated a bit of Polish in recent generations, and I have a Melkite Arab 2nd great-grandmother (our paper trail interestingly enough was confirmed in this regard by McDonald's analysis of my X with its little Middle Eastern stretch).
Obviously a great deal more sampling is needed. But I'll wait with interest to see what Dienekes makes of this latest admixture experiment.

Last edited:
What you get in this context looks good according you are mostly Western Ukranian.

Thanks for sharing it, Merry Christmas :)

This thread has been viewed 44433 times.

Back