Let's talk about the election results

President Bush was re-elected because...

• He was the better candidate and the American people voted correctly.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • People did not want to change the President in time of war.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • He was able to manipulate feelings of nationalism to his advantage.

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • He supported key issues to a largely Christian voting population.

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Other. (Please state.)

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
mikecash said:
You're absolutely right. How dare I have an opinion on which candidate I feel best for America. After all, I am only an American citizen of legal voting age. Next election I'll let an underage Canadian punch my ballot for me.

All this about me being an underage Canadian is all well and fine, but 1. I have dual citizenship, my mother has American parents. 2. Stop judging me on my age, I am not a number, and I will be legal voting age in roughly a year, try to focus more on my opinion.

mikecash said:
We already know from popular consensus in this forum that the opinions of everybody but American citizens should have had an outcome on this election. It was very impertinent of me to exercise my constitutional rights. Can you ever forgive me?

I'll consider it

mikecash said:
Nor will you ever have to suffer from President Kerry's. You can thank me later.

You know, somehow I doubt I will thank you later.

mikecash said:
You are there in Canada as a youth who has been saved from having to deal with it when Kerry's weak-kneed waffling sends the wrong signal to the wrong people and encourages them on to ever more dastardly deeds. You can thank me later.

Once again, I doubt I will thank you later, as I will have to be dealing with GW sending his own signal to the wrong people, "Yeah, we're invading your country, what are you gonna do about it? Fight back? Then you'll look like the terrorists, now stand still while I drill for this oil" I believe that to be a much more dangerous signal to send. But that's just me.

mikecash said:
My son is an American citizen and subject to American laws, regardless of his country of residence. In the future you may do me the kindness of refraining from dragging into discussions my family members. They don't participate in these forums. And I'll thank you for that right now.

I won't bother touching on this, as you seem to not want me to "drag" your son into this. I will say though I hope old GW doesn't drag your son into this unjustified war and nex we'll be seeing his name on that list I posted in the other thread.

mikecash said:
Yes. Isn't it wonderful? I helped save them from the spectre of a Kerry Administration. You can thank me later.

If by "save" you mean "deprived them of the administration they so sorely need" then yes, I agree, and thank you.

mikecash said:
You'll get by somehow. Buck up, lad. Lie still, close your eyes, and think of England.

Thanks for the advice, I'll consider that next time Bush invades another country that has never done anything to the US, it will ease my mind.

mikecash said:
That is a matter of opinion (which is what makes horse races, by the way). Unfortunately, US voting laws failed to make provisions for taking into consideration the opinions of Canadian youth. When I am declared dictator, I will have this rectified for you. Just because we're buddies, me and you.

Thanks.

mikecash said:
This is at odds with the general worldwide consensus that his election affects everybody in the world, isn't it? Under the exact same principle that non-Americans the world over justify expressing an opinion on the matter, I too am entitled, regardless of where I am on the globe.

Where did I say you should be revoked of your right to an opinion?

mikecash said:
The big difference, of course, is that I actually get to vote on it. In the real election, that is, not in some meaningless internet poll.

Yeah, but you don't, because you do not want to live in America, unless you are allowed to vote from Japan.

mikecash said:
I love you too, and I'll be glad when the losers finally get off their crying jag and we can go back to other things.

I can feel the love.

mikecash said:
If you don't mind sharing the information, what province or territory do you live in?

I don't mind sharing where I live at all. I live in Ontario. More specific still Toronto. Even more specific still Scarborough. I hope that is sufficient enough information for you. Why do you ask?

I'm not judging you by your age. I judge people by what they say.

My point in mentioning your age was to emphasize the point that one of us has (at least legally) the maturity to vote and the other one hasn't. Of course, judging the maturity of individuals by an all-encompassing standard is ludicrous.....but so was your post.

This thread has been viewed 4814 times.

Back