moderate Muslim rebels at work in Syria

so you think an assad-free syria will be peaceful?

I think that in an imediate Assad-free Syria, will be a period of transition from dictature to an democratic society. From country to country this period of transition is different for various reason. Depends also how able are the Syrians to "swim in the water of this sea".

I agree they should support the Kurds who seem the only reliable allies.
If you have to fight Assad with rebels who behead their opposition it's better to leave Assad in place.

And the Europeans criticizing .. they should better do something about it themselves or keep their mouth shut.

The Saudis shouldn't be allies to the west. Furthermore the west is becoming less and less denpendent on their oil. If oil prices drop further and the Saudi keep spending money like they do now, they'll be bankrupt in a few years.
But even if you don't support the Saudi regime, Saudi-Arabia is a dangerous country with a part of the population that is fanatic fundamentalist Muslim.

I think that in an imediate Assad-free Syria, will be a period of transition from dictature to an democratic society. From country to country this period of transition is different for various reason. Depends also how able are the Syrians to "swim in the water of this sea".

I don't think they are.
The whole Arab spring is a failure.
See what happens in Turkey.
I don't think Syria will do any better.
I don't know how this should be solved.

I don't think they are.
The whole Arab spring is a failure.
See what happens in Turkey.
I don't think Syria will do any better.
I don't know how this should be solved.

Turkey is not an Arab country. Calling them Arabs they will consider this very offensive.

Turkey is not an Arab country. Calling them Arabs they will consider this very offensive.

I didn't.
But it's a country derailing, and it is supported by a population that likes the fascistic Islam rhetoric of his leader.
They truly believe they are superior. The ones that don't share their views are enemies.

It's not a problem to give an answer to this question. But i think this is not the right question to do speaking about Syria. The right question is: Why the hell Russia from two generations is supporting the criminal family of Assad and the clan behind this family? Because from two generations Assad, father and son continue to kill this people and destroy this country. Why the hell Russia support this criminal regime?
The FSA is just as bad as Assad. The media always portrays them as heroic fighters for justice and democracy when in reality they are Islamists. They are both evil, and Russia supports them because it wants to prop up the Shias as part of their Eurasia project. The US should support the Kurds against both sides.

I don't share your optimism. At best, it would be another Iraq

I don't share your optimism. At best, it would be another Iraq

Both our countries, Albania and FYROM, are European countries. But after 25 years from the fell of communism both this countries are still in a situation of transition. So, i don't think that will be easy for Syrians in an imediately Assad-free Syria. But if we can speak about a road map for this country, the only solution is the liberation of their country from this cruel dinasty and the riconstruction of democratic country.

Both our countries, Albania and FYROM, are European countries. But after 25 years from the fell of communism both this countries are still in a situation of transition. So, i don't think that will be easy for Syrians in an imediately Assad-free Syria. But if we can speak about a road map for this country, the only solution is the liberation of their country from this cruel dinasty and the riconstruction of democratic country.
As I stated earlier, the "liberators" of the FSA are glorified Islamists. The solution is to divide both Syria and Iraq, so the indigenous peoples can regain their land from the Arab invaders.

This thread has been viewed 11998 times.

Back