My Y-DNA and some questions about it

Kari

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Sarakatsani,Pontic Greek
Y-DNA haplogroup
I2a
Using Morley Y-DNA Predictor,I found that i am I2-PF3634.However,when I try to find my haplo in Y-DNA trees,i just cant find it.When i am also searching for my haplogroup map from SNP Tracker,the same thing happens.Does someone know my breakdown?For example
J1-P58>Z18271>Y191714
Thanks in advance.

Try yseq clade finder for the updated nomeclature.

I don't understand why people still use morley.

Try yseq clade finder for the updated nomeclature.

I don't understand why people still use morley.
I tried yseq clade finder,and i got I-M423 or I2a1b.That makes more sense.I-M423 splits into British and Slavic lines.So probably my y-dna haplo is Slavic.

I tried yseq clade finder,and i got I-M423 or I2a1b.That makes more sense.I-M423 splits into British and Slavic lines.So probably my y-dna haplo is Slavic.
For Greeks the most likely position downstream is of course the Slavic https://www.yfull.com/tree/I-Y3120/
If you can afford it, you should do a BigY oder other NGS/WGS test (like YSEQ) and expand the haplotree.

Thanks for the
Using Morley Y-DNA Predictor,I found that i am I2-PF3634.However,when I try to find my haplo in Y-DNA trees,i just cant find it.When i am also searching for my haplogroup map from SNP Tracker,the same thing happens.Does someone know my breakdown?For example
J1-P58>Z18271>Y191714
Thanks in ad
For Greeks the most likely position downstream is of course the Slavic https://www.yfull.com/tree/I-Y3120/
If you can afford it, you should do a BigY oder other NGS/WGS test (like YSEQ) and expand the haplotree.
You can try also a WGS on DanteLabs and than you can upload your sample on YFULL. Για να δούμε που ακριβώς βρίσκεσαι.

Your I2a is from Karakachan paternal ancestor?

Your I2a is from Karakachan paternal ancestor?
Yes i am Sarakatsani by my paternal line.Although there are not many Sarakatsani results out there.There is only one user in apricity who for some reason doesnt want to share his R1b subclade.

Last edited:
i will probably do one in the future

i will probably do one in the future
Before the big WGS test, you can do a I2 panel at YSEQ for like 100 that will probably give you a deep assignment.

Before the big WGS test, you can do a I2 panel at YSEQ for like 100 that will probably give you a deep assignment.
like a deeper haplogroup?

like a deeper haplogroup?
Yea. The panel at YSEQ would be the cheapest/cost effective way of extracting a deep haplogroup assignment.

If you know for a fact you're at least I-M423, this would be the panel to take. And you can always upgrade your kit to WGS when you want to map out your genome and get in yfull. This panel tests for CTS10228/Y3120 and down as well.

J1-P58>Z18271>Y191714
Thanks in advance.
My suggestion: Either do whole genome sequencing, and later extract Y-DNA and mtDNA using WGS Extract tool, as well as autosomal, or just do autosomal if you just want to know your ancestry. Y-DNA and mtDNA are really so insignificant, that alone is not worth spending money. Unless you really want to find veeeeery distant ancestors and siblings exclusively on your paternal line.

My suggestion: Either do whole genome sequencing, and later extract Y-DNA and mtDNA using WGS Extract tool (the same is possible for same tool and autosomal DNA) or just do autosomal if you just want to know your ancestry. Y-DNA and mtDNA are really so insignificant, that alone is not worth spending money. Unless you really want to find veeeeery distant ancestors and siblings on your paternal line.
I had already done Myheritage,thats how i was able to predict my Y-DNA by using yseq clade finder.However,do you guys know any other sarakatsani who have their Y-DNA tested?

This thread has been viewed 1417 times.

Back