G25 Myheritage and ancetsry dna uploads to gedmatch and g25 are incredibly different

supermanbfd

Reaction score
Hopefully you can assist me in making sense of why there is a significant difference between the uploads from myheritage and ancestry DNA on all types of models.

I have also noticed half the SNPs being used in the Myheritage gedmatch models. Does this mean that the G25 and Gedmatch eurogenes dont work well for myheritage uploads?

Example gedmatch:

Myheritage Kit info

Number of original snps is 609299
Usable SNPS is 493191

Usable SNPS (slim) is 389362

Slimmed by 21.1 Pct.

AncestryDNA Kit info

Number of original snps is 676780

Usable SNPS is 545266

Usable SNPS (slim) is 368437

Slimmed by 32.4 Pct

Example run Euro K15 v2:

Myheritage (78,884 SNPs Evl.) vs AncestryDNA (171,867 SNPs Evl)

East med: 39.48 vs 42.99

West Asian 19.08 vs 18.73

West Med 16.94 vs 13.79

Red Sea 7.8 vs 8.31

Atlantic 7.8 vs 6.8

I have even created a super kit of the two but eurogenes just uses a few more SNPs than the Ancestry result and generally emulated the AncestryDNA results, it basically ignores the unique myheritage SNPs. The difference is enough to change the admixture models by 30%.

Why is there such a stark difference between them? Why do all the heritage calculators favour using double the SNPs in Ancestry? Does this mean myheritage uploads are completely irrelevant?

These are a huge differences indeed!

These are a huge differences indeed!
Ftdna, 23andme, myheritage all use similar variants of the same chip. Ancestry uses a different chip that provides near full coverage of the gedmatch models. But half of it is for health snps.

Another super interesting note is that

Ancestrydna raw data to ftdna to gedmatch made the results myheritage like.

It begs the question if you can truly compare gedmatch or g25 between the testing companies.

Last edited:
ever since Ancestry got rid of the program which gave people their haplogroup, their admixture from that time is rubbish , really rubbish

ever since Ancestry got rid of the program which gave people their haplogroup, their admixture from that time is rubbish , really rubbish
Their admixtures on gedmatch? I heard that the v2 chip they use dropped 300k of their 600k snps infavour of health snps.

I did not notice the discrepancy because I merged my genome data from four different companies before running it in various calculators. I get close to 100% of usable SNPs covered.

I did not notice the discrepancy because I merged my genome data from four different companies before running it in various calculators. I get close to 100% of usable SNPs
Ancestry alone seems to provide 90% coverage for eurogenes.

All the other kits don't really add anything above ancestry. G25 will also be the same.

The extent of the difference is so big that I think you can only compare between the same company uploads.

Im gonna do some experimentation. K36, thr differences are smaller between myheritage and ancestry.

This thread has been viewed 455 times.

Back