MyTrueAncestry Mytrueancestry.com

Mycenaean_I9033's timeline, interestingly he has links to Sicily Beaker, and many Romans across all eras.

SDeiRyd.png

Jovialis: Good data. Got and idea and ran Dodecad 12B Sicilian_Beaker_I4930 distances vs. Ancient Greeks. Considering the Greek colonization is not till 700-800BC in Southern Italy and Sicily, already similar type ancestry well before that colonization and the Roman Imperial Age.

Distance to:I4930_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Sicily
5.09041256I9129_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Moni_Odigitria_Heraklion_Crete
9.36654686I9005_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_Lasithi_Crete
12.20272511I9010_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Galatas_Apatheia_Peloponnese
12.53561327I9041_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Galatas_Apatheia_Peloponnese
12.97564642I9006_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Agia_Kyriaki_Salamis
13.00133070I9033_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Peristeria_Tryfilia_Peloponnese
13.48439839I9130_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Moni_Odigitria_Heraklion_Crete
17.38588508I9131_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Moni_Odigitria_Heraklion_Crete
20.39619818I9127_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Moni_Odigitria_Heraklion_Crete
22.27566161I9128_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Moni_Odigitria_Heraklion_Crete
22.78108645I9123_Bronze_Age_Armenoi_Crete

Sicilian_Beaker_I4930 distances using Eurogenes K13

Distance to:Siclian_Beaker_I4930
11.67473768I9033_Mycenaean_1352_bc_M_
17.30720081I9041_Greece_Mycenaean_3250_ybp
17.53346229I9006_Greece_Mycenaean_3287_ybp
17.57622542I9010_Mycenaean_1351_bc_
18.00509372I9005_Greece_Minoan_Lassithi_4000_ybp
21.16681365I0071_Greece_Minoan_Lassithi_4000_ybp
21.54336557I0070_Greece_Minoan_Lassithi_4000_ybp
23.77328963I0074_Greece_Minoan_Lassithi_4000_ybp
24.37248038I0073_Greece_Minoan_Lassithi_4000_ybp

Last edited:
^Indeed, it lends support to my speculation that the native Southern Italians were already Greek-like, prior to Greek colonization.

I agree with your speculation. It also goes against the narrative regarding the 31 of the 48 Imperial Romans that clustered Central Italy, Southern Italy, to Malta then to Greece. When the Roman Republic began to incorporate Campania around 320-300BC, Puglia 275 BC, by 264 BC, extended to the Straights of Messina and Sicily by 264 BC (First punic war) to 241 Sicily was fully in Roman hands 238 Sardinia was. Those 31 Imperial Romans, and even those 2 or 3 Iron Age clustering where they do is no surprise. So folks just have an issue with it because it goes against all they held dear.

Of course the peak of Roman Civilization in terms of political, economic, military and geographical territory was Imperial Rome, historians put the date at 117AD during Trajan's rule.

I agree with your speculation. It also goes against the narrative regarding the 31 of the 48 Imperial Romans that clustered Central Italy, Southern Italy, to Malta then to Greece. When the Roman Republic began to incorporate Campania around 320-300BC, Puglia 275 BC, by 264 BC, extended to the Straights of Messina and Sicily by 264 BC (First punic war) to 241 Sicily was fully in Roman hands 238 Sardinia was. Those 31 Imperial Romans, and even those 2 or 3 Iron Age clustering where they do is no surprise. So folks just have an issue with it because it goes against all they held dear.

Of course the peak of Roman Civilization in terms of political, economic, military and geographical territory was Imperial Rome, historians put the date at 117AD during Trajan's rule.

Most people only have a level 100 IQ, so I doubt many possess the mental gymnastics to understand the data.

CooperAgeSzigetszentmiklosHungaryI7043.JPEG

CooperAgeSzigetszentmiklosI7040.JPEG

These new results connect me with several European royal houses; although it is something that is not a surprise for me. Perhaps from the outside they do not quite understand certain aspects of Europe such as the nobility or the monarchy but well I explain it to you. It is something that we take with total naturalness since, as society, monarchies also adapt to the times.

Since Europe tends to create so much expectation, perhaps due to its history and the variety of countries that are so active, and there are so many admirers that from abroad they shape Europe or design it according to their preferences, preferences or tastes, since a little clarification is enough for them to capture the reality and bear in mind that Europe is molded by Europeans day after day, year after year and century after century and millennium after millennium.

@Carlos

I checked, ... no Royal relations for me, I get some of the Villas samples, but they were probably the Gardners, ... there’s nothing wrong with that :giggle:

Philistine_ASH068's timeline.

GvF2CV2.png

Very interesting, many of those show up in my Ancestral Timeline at MTA. ASH068 is definitely admixture wise much different than the other ASH samples, more related to the Anatolian EEF type ancestry, which is why I think I, and you as well, get closer genetic distances to ASH068 vs. other ASH samples.

That is really neat you have all the Kits from these ancient West Eurasians to run kit comparisons. Thanks for sharing that with the board.

... still missing from MTA: R113 and R836 ... they shouldn’t be far from modern day Apulian-like, I think!

Unless I am not getting them in my results, but I doubt it :)

IIuf6YD.jpg

Jovialis/Salento: Did you both get the GEDMATCH cyberbreach alert message? I got one saying that someone(Something, some entity) hacked into GEDMATCH and set all settings to available for law enforcement. They said they also alerted MTA who I guess they have a professional type alliance where they work together but I have not heard anything from MTA.

GEDMATCH has their system shut down as of this morning 23, July

MTA gives me R1548 as my first match, despite the fact every other calculator puts me far from it. Something is wrong with MTA in this regard:

QejVBiQ.png

... same MTA top Match as yours,
... with Vahaduo top 25, R1548 shows up only in Eurogenes K15 at the #16th position,

Despite the MTA results, we’re not close to R1548, ... the site needs tweaking, I think :)

wKknAWJ.jpg

Jovialis/Salento: Did you both get the GEDMATCH cyberbreach alert message? I got one saying that someone(Something, some entity) hacked into GEDMATCH and set all settings to available for law enforcement. They said they also alerted MTA who I guess they have a professional type alliance where they work together but I have not heard anything from MTA.

GEDMATCH has their system shut down as of this morning 23, July

... got the GedMatch email alert too, ... no MTA Alert, maybe MTA wasn’t a target.

... the email say MyHeritage, ... doesn’t mention MTA.

You are correct, went back and re-read it, not MTA, MyHeritage is the one (which I don't have an account with). You have one of those as well.

You are correct, went back and re-read it, not MTA, MyHeritage is the one (which I don't have an account with). You have one of those as well.

I don’t have a working account with MyHeritage, ... I Think.

Dear GEDmatch member,
On the morning of July 19, GEDmatch experienced a security breach orchestrated through a sophisticated attack on one of our servers via an existing user account. We became aware of the situation a short time later and immediately took the site down. As a result of this breach, all user permissions were reset, making all profiles visible to all users. This was the case for approximately 3 hours. During this time, users who did not opt-in for law enforcement matching were available for law enforcement matching, and, conversely, all law enforcement profiles were made visible to GEDmatch users.
On Monday, July 20, as we continued to investigate the incident and work on a permanent solution to safeguard against threats of this nature, we discovered that the site was still vulnerable and made the decision to take the site down until such time that we can be absolutely sure that user data is protected against potential attacks. It was later confirmed that GEDmatch was the target of a second breach in which all user permissions were set to opt-out of law enforcement matching.
We can assure you that your DNA information was not compromised, as GEDmatch does not store raw DNA files on the site. When you upload your data, the information is encoded, and the raw file deleted. This is one of the ways we protect our users’ most sensitive information.
Further, we are working with a leading cybersecurity firm to conduct a comprehensive forensic review and help us implement the best possible security measures. We expect the site will be up within the next day or two.
We have reported the unauthorized access to the appropriate authorities and continue to work toward identifying the individuals responsible for this criminal act.
Today, we were informed that MyHeritage customers who are also GEDmatch users were the target of a phishing scam. Please remember to exercise caution when opening emails and clicking links. Never provide sensitive information via email. If an email seems suspicious, contact the company in question directly through the phone number or email address listed on their website, not via a reply to the suspicious email. You can reach GEDmatch at [email protected] or (858) 285-4101. At this time, we have no evidence to suggest the phishing scam is a result of the GEDmatch security breach this week. We are continuing to investigate the incident.
Please be assured that we take these matters very seriously. Our Number 1 responsibility is to protect the data of our users. We know we have not lived up to this responsibility this week, and we are working hard to regain your trust. We apologize for the concern and frustration this situation has caused.
Sincerely,
Brett Williams
CEO, Verogen Inc.

I never open links from emails. There are many scams with emails from Pay Pal e.t.c.

If Gedmatch has been outwitted, it means they can find me now.

What can I do, where am I going to go with all this from Covid?

This thread has been viewed 1271052 times.

Back