MyTrueAncestry Mytrueancestry.com

[For those who have interest in analyzing, see the link to paper (PDF format) and it’s attached figures:

biorxiv.org/content/bior...68250.full.pdf ]

Sorry Duarte. I know this paper, but it is not providing answers to my questions. Maybe this is not the right place to discuss them.
Anyway, thanks for the answer.

Here is the author's response to me. I linked the thread to him:

I had a quick look at the conversation. I’m not sure when/why sz1 was changed to Avar by these references. But as far as I know it’s Bronze Age. As I said, the PCA doesn’t group SZ1 with the 2 Avars, so I don’t think there’s any evidence to consider sz1 avar. But it’s best to check with the archeologists to make sure. Good luck!
Best,
Eduardo

The next step to resolving this will be to contact the archeologist that worked on the paper. Though I am confident SZ1 is indeed a Bronze Age Hungarian.

... Favorite Ancient Relative:

R850 - Latin Tribe Ardea - 650 BC ”Before Carlos” - 2620 ybd “years before Duarte” (1970 = 0) :grin:

... he's criticized for not genetically conforming to many people’s expectations, and he’s a y T :)

I’m closer to R437 and other Rs (Romans), but ...

M12F5Qu.jpg

Here is the author's response to me. I linked the thread to him:

I had a quick look at the conversation. I’m not sure when/why sz1 was changed to Avar by these references. But as far as I know it’s Bronze Age. As I said, the PCA doesn’t group SZ1 with the 2 Avars, so I don’t think there’s any evidence to consider sz1 avar. But it’s best to check with the archeologists to make sure. Good luck!
Best,
Eduardo

The next step to resolving this will be to contact the archeologist that worked on the paper. Though I am confident SZ1 is indeed a Bronze Age Hungarian.

The best thing to do was to go straight to the source ... , Thanks again Jovialis :)

... and many thanks to Eduardo too.

BGhfoZ0.jpg

Jovalis,

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards to all.

[... with Ancient samples, SNPs number and cMs don’t determine Genetic Distance at all!]

Dear Salento,

You have haplogroup T and mine is L. One of my ancestors (L) most probably(?) arrived from Syria around 30 AD as an archer in the Roman auxiliary unit transferred to Upper Germania province on left bank river Rahin – now Alsace. So, our genetic distance should be enormous!
But why should the Y group be so meaningful? In 11 generations in the past we had 1024 different grandfathers and 1024 different grandmothers. It takes us 400 years in the past only. Why is only one grandfather of thousands so important to show our distance?
Here below I compared yours and mine relation to SZ1. It seems that we have some things in common.
Please check if you have in MTA “Chroma Analysis” the same ancient relatives. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• primerjava na SZ1 a.jpg
    primerjava na SZ1 a.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 88
  • primerjava na SZ1 b.png
    primerjava na SZ1 b.png
    82 KB · Views: 86
  • primerjava na SZ1 c.jpg
    primerjava na SZ1 c.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 90
  • primerjava na SZ1 d.jpg
    primerjava na SZ1 d.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 93
EtruscanCivitavecchiaR473.JPEG

EtruscanCivitavecchiaR474.JPEG

Image%2BLatinPrenestiniTribeInlandPCr435.jpeg

ItalyBellBeakerI2478.jpg

I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but I put it in just in case, anything to add up.
LatinTribeInlandBER1021.JPEG

VillanovanEtruscanItalyVGGr1015.jpeg

I remember that I got tons of match as with the Alps and the so-called Catalan iron.

[... with Ancient samples, SNPs number and cMs don’t determine Genetic Distance at all!]

Dear Salento,

You have haplogroup T and mine is L. One of my ancestors (L) most probably(?) arrived from Syria around 30 AD as an archer in the Roman auxiliary unit transferred to Upper Germania province on left bank river Rahin – now Alsace. So, our genetic distance should be enormous!
But why should the Y group be so meaningful? In 11 generations in the past we had 1024 different grandfathers and 1024 different grandmothers. It takes us 400 years in the past only. Why is only one grandfather of thousands so important to show our distance?
Here below I compared yours and mine relation to SZ1. It seems that we have some things in common.
Please check if you have in MTA “Chroma Analysis” the same ancient relatives. Thanks in advance.

@Bogomir
... though we share similarities on SZ1 chrome position, we get different samples.

... y L and T are brothers, ... Haplogroups make us immortals ... :) ... a Genetic Tattoo, ... the symbol of our original Ancestral Tribe.

... assuming that SZ1 is from the Bronze Age, it has the base DNA ingredients and therefore the ancestry for many Europeans. For example, you can have an Italian and a Slav ancient sample, each carrying a piece from SZ1. Each ethnicity carries many proportional pieces and this is one of them.

Chr. 8 :
ycUrFZf.jpg

chr. 20.1:
dlkWEMi.jpg

chr. 20.2 :
wYf4BDe.jpg

they use eurogenes k15
i wonder how much they paid to davidski
as this is his calculator ....:unsure:

they use eurogenes k15
i wonder how much they paid to davidski
as this is his calculator ....:unsure:

he states he stopped the eurogenes K etc database more than 2 years ago and it is irrelevant now

[... assuming that SZ1 is from the Bronze Age, it has the base DNA ingredients and therefore the ancestry for many Europeans.]

Salento,
Right, but let me think. Every such sample has population areas where his genes are diluted in greater abundance than in the others. We may say that modern people with higher content of these gene fragments have higher ancestry from peoples that are represented by that sample. Since there are no other “brother” samples of SZ1 (1000BC), does it mean that part of Romans or Slavs that have this “abundancy” of genes are a great part descendant of the single population represented by the sample SZ1.
I would appreciate your comment.

In #3308 I compared the same parts of chromosomes in the sample SZ1 for Salento and me. I expected to find a match for some of our ancient ancestors, but this is not the case. Can somebody explain what could be the reason?
Thanks in advance.

[... assuming that SZ1 is from the Bronze Age, it has the base DNA ingredients and therefore the ancestry for many Europeans.]

Salento,
Right, but let me think. Every such sample has population areas where his genes are diluted in greater abundance than in the others. We may say that modern people with higher content of these gene fragments have higher ancestry from peoples that are represented by that sample. Since there are no other “brother” samples of SZ1 (1000BC), does it mean that part of Romans or Slavs that have this “abundancy” of genes are a great part descendant of the single population represented by the sample SZ1.
I would appreciate your comment.

I’m not sure, but in our case it’s more probable a more Iapygian (Illyrian) than Roman connection, I’m from Puglia.

... I also said: ... “For example, you can have an Italian and a Slav ancient sample, each carrying a piece from SZ1. Each ethnicity carries many proportional pieces and this is one of them.”

imho we carry a variety of very ancient ancestries, many overlapping among modern ethnicities.

It is the inherited proportion and the lack, presence, or overlapping of certain ancestries the defines our closer ethnicity, ... we could also have some of the ancestry traces of older dead civilizations masking as overlapping.

... speculating: some Iapygian / Messapians (Illyrian) ancestry traces and some overlapping with other places:

VcriJm2.jpg

In #3308 I compared the same parts of chromosomes in the sample SZ1 for Salento and me. I expected to find a match for some of our ancient ancestors, but this is not the case. Can somebody explain what could be the reason?
Thanks in advance.

very simple theory:

we overlap with SZ1 “original” ancestry only.

... a big chunk of SZ1 ancient tribe migrated South, and another went East,
they mixed with those populations, ...

I share one of those mix, and you share the other mix.

very simple theory:

we overlap with SZ1 “original” ancestry only.

... a big chunk of SZ1 ancient tribe migrated South, and another went East,
they mixed with those populations, ...

I share one of those mix, and you share the other mix.

Yes, I agree again. There is also the possibility that part of the population rested in place and was later mixed with incomers. But if I understand well, you agree that we both have a considerable amount of the same main population source from 3000 years ago.

Regarding the question in #3308 post: I asked how is it possible that MTA offers for the same chromosome addresses in the same sample two different ancient ancestries.

... that’s actually our chromosome similarity too,

... I’m wondering if there’s a vey old family secret and we are distantly related :petrified:

... that’s actually our chromosome similarity too,

... I’m wondering if there’s a vey old family secret and we are distantly related :petrified:

Are you on FT DNA ?

no, just an upload for y chr stuff.

my results with DNA test:

ovOVKaU.jpg

This thread has been viewed 1273172 times.

Back