Neanderthal : facts and myths

You are not wrong. In fact, I'm sure I've seen one of the women running a stall on Bury Market [Greater Manchester]. :LOL:

Wilma's sister is working in a convience store in Texas a dead ringer down to the hair color and usual expression on her face. (y)

That man in the photo (Johnny Damon) does not look anything like the reconstructions of the faces naerdhentales.

n_neardental.jpg

We share 98% of genes with chimpanzees, how the naerdhentales 1% or 4%? So, without being shown the hybridization, it means nothing, it's just ridiculous.

That man in the photo (Johnny Damon) does not look anything like the reconstructions of the faces naerdhentales.

n_neardental.jpg

We share 98% of genes with chimpanzees, how the naerdhentales 1% or 4%? So, without being shown the hybridization, it means nothing, it's just ridiculous.

Where did that depiction come from? It looks like a 19th century idea.

Where did that depiction come from? It looks like a 19th century idea.

http://centroschilenos.blogia.com/temas/ciencia.php

Is a representation of Chile.

-------------0----------------

But the Neardhental representations being made today are idelizadas, from my point of view, it appears to be well nourished, healthy looking and the peace of mind to have a field of wheat or have a productive livestock if it almost seems good-natured farmer out of any American TV series, when they probably should be hard Neardhental life, low life expectancy, should have an inner turmoil away from the peace of mind that shows the current recreation, may be due to two hypotheses:

1. Getting through a kind of vision in previous centuries Neardhental increase the expectation of the general public towards the issue and getting Neardhental bench top researchers in state or private grants, an issue worthy and welcome to them if that way will get more and better research on Neardhental and times.

2. An idealized vision of Neardhental that would relate to my first hypothesis with the addition of engaging and growing public interest in the Neardhental making people believe it is possible that their ancestors could be Neardhental where to get the hook investment would be on the sentimental.

neanderthal-reconstructions.jpg

la-casa-de-la-pradera.jpg

Mmh, an idea on which I don't want to contradict Carlitos fully... At least in regards to some of these preparations.

Last edited:
If I don't mistake, some genetic studies have proved that Neanderthal is genetically not linked with homo sapiens sapiens.

Older studies separated Humans and Neanderthals, but couple of last year, and this year studies said that Europeans and Asians share the genetic link with Neanderthals.

Carlitos, if you think that Neanderthals were too ugly for humans to procreate, have a look at this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4omyZkEb1tc

Even the chicken is not too ugly for a horny dog. lol

Older studies separated Humans and Neanderthals, but couple of last year, and this year studies said that Europeans and Asians share the genetic link with Neanderthals.

Carlitos, if you think that Neanderthals were too ugly for humans to procreate, have a look at this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4omyZkEb1tc

Even the chicken is not too ugly for a horny dog. lol

Mine is not an argument, I find it stupid. The video dog is a puppy that will stand on the chicken is not a sexual motive, but rather of domination.

You can dominate others in many different ways, it doesn't need to be sexual. If you choose sex to dominate someone, it means you like it this way. Nobody is forcing you to choose this, right? Domination can be a part of sexual arousal, but not it's core ingredient.
Cartlitos, nature doesn't care how you make children or why you make children, as long as you make them. New generation exist and life goes on. If you make love because you find woman attractive and beautiful, or you make love because you want to dominate her, give the same result - babies, the next generation, who cares how you call it.
Off course dog and chicken can't have babies. But the point is that it wasn't a difficult thing for a young, horny, human hunters (maybe on long hunting trip) to have a sex with Neanderthal woman.
Or maybe humans captured Neanderthal women to use them as first slaves? Sex with slaves has been known to happen.

Maybe a neardhental woman was picking mushrooms and Cro-Magnons came from behind and poof, we do not know what might happen, how interrelated the two hominids, and there had been sexual relations does not imply that bear fruit and give them, there is no certainty that the hybrid result fertile, besides the birth of a hybrid both in a group Neardhental as Cro-Magnon would have been detected immediately and hybrid that child probably would have been removed, the matter is that it is risky and premature to state that there was hybridization between Neardhental and Cro-Magnon.

Colour blindness a possible neaderthal link

"The main difference was the cranial shape. Neanderthal had a bigger occipital zone, meaning that his visual abilities (including the distinction of details and colours) were certainly better than that of modern humans."

I'm not a scientist, but an interested observer of the scientific discoveries in Neanderthals.
My own theory is that we will soon prove that the white skin, red hair, green eyes, hairy bodies and large stocky build so common in Europe are all Neanderthal traits that were picked up from interbreeding. I think the other interesting trait is Color blindness. Which is why I quoted the above. Colorblindness occurs mostly in European white people, very infrequently in African, Asian, and Native North American Indians. The trait is passed from the mother on the X chromosome. Giving the male with the problem a blue and two green receptors or 2 blue and a green receptors, rather than a red green and blue.

The opposite sometimes occurs in females because they have an two different X chromosomes that passes each with an extra receptor trait, and they end up with tetrachromatic colour vision having 4 receptors and being able to see 100 million colors rather than the 10 million, in the few that have been found they are able to see more shades of colour.
In one case, the extra red allows her, as a doctor to see from the patients skin colour if someone is sick, if living out in the wild it might speed identifying a bad fruit from a good one by colour, or able to pick out a predator's camouflage from the background with ease.
There are actually two abnormal receptors conceivably neanderthal vision could actually have been pentachromatic vision able to see 1 Trillion colours including some infrared and ultraviolet. Night hunting, and predator evasion would be much easier.

Do the nordicists have hopes in the neardhental extract head again?, perhaps acpete Canada as animal of company.

Last edited:
I agree caw.mentor. I have similar point of view about this subject. Welcome to Eupedia dude.
I'm baffled how scientists can measure someone's colours variations in 100 millions or trillions, lol. My colour spectrum is probably in thousands. Looks like I'm last roaming Neanderthal, hehe.
Interesting news, thanks.

Of all speculations that have been put forth to explain the Neanderthals' demise, this is the most bizarre, in my opinion. I am sure this is not the last word of it.

"Living in higher latitudes meant less light in a 24-hour period, possibly explaining why Neanderthals in the northern areas had evolved larger eyes. For comparison, Pearce noted that modern humans living in the higher latitudes also have larger eyeballs and visual cortices than their more equatorial peers." - OK, so then modern humans with large eyes are more "stupid" than their fellow beings too?? :LOL:

Neanderthals apparently invented the string. A 90,000 year-old string was found in a Neanderthal site in France, pre-dating the Homo Sapiens oldest string by 60,000 years ! This comes just two days after the New Scientist described the string as one of the greatest inventions of all time.

Of all speculations that have been put forth to explain the Neanderthals' demise, this is the most bizarre, in my opinion. I am sure this is not the last word of it.

"Living in higher latitudes meant less light in a 24-hour period, possibly explaining why Neanderthals in the northern areas had evolved larger eyes. For comparison, Pearce noted that modern humans living in the higher latitudes also have larger eyeballs and visual cortices than their more equatorial peers." - OK, so then modern humans with large eyes are more "stupid" than their fellow beings too?? :LOL:
Might be the case, although days are longer in Northern Latitudes for half a year than closer to equator.
I think that Ice Age Europe was very overcast for the most of a year. Gulfstream entered Europe much lower than today bringing precipitation in central and south Europe. Constant overcast and long winter nights triggered need for bigger eyes and whiter skin for Neanderthals.

20 thinks you might not know about Neanderthals.
You’re pretty much a Neanderthal. While it’s been more than 5 million years since we parted ways with chimps, it has been only 400,000 since human and Neanderthal lineages split.
2. If you’re Asian or Caucasian, your ancestors interbred with Neanderthals as recently as 37,000 years ago, when they crossed paths in Europe.
3. And that sex had benefits. Inherited Neanderthal genes come in alleles that help fight off nasty viruses such as Epstein-Barr — associated with several kinds of cancer, says Stanford University immunologist Laurent Abi-Rached.
4. If you want to know how much Neanderthal DNA you carry, just swab your cheek and send it to the National Geographic Society’s Genographic Project. Or you could have your entire genome sequenced as Ozzy Osbourne did in 2010. Researchers found a telltale Neanderthal segment on his chromosome 10.
5. Now that the whole Neanderthal genome has been sequenced, Harvard geneticist George Church thinks a clone could be gestated in a human surrogate mother. It could even be beneficial, he believes, because the Neanderthal mind might be able to solve problems we can’t.
6. Practically nobody believed you could read a Neanderthal’s genes until 2010, when the paleogeneticist Svante Pääbo successfully sequenced DNA from three Neanderthal skeletons found in Croatia.
7. The first evidence of Neanderthals was discovered in 1856. Miners in Germany’s Neander Valley found fossils thought to belong to a cave bear. A local natural historian begged to differ. He reckoned the strange bones were the remains of a lost Cossack suffering from rickets.
8. Charles Darwin published On the Origin of Species three years later. In the context of Darwin’s theories of evolution, the bones were re-examined by anatomist William King, who promptly named them Homo neanderthalensis, a name that provocatively (and incorrectly) suggested they were the missing link between apes and humans.
9. As late as the mid-1970s, creationists were still claiming Neanderthal fossils were the remains of modern humans with acromegaly or arthritis.
10. Paleontologist Marcellin Boule would have been well advised to study pathology. Between 1909 and 1911, he reconstructed the first skeleton of a Neanderthal — who happened to be arthritic. Thus was born the degenerate, slouching image of Neanderthals.
11. They were the ultimate craftsmen, able to pick up impressive skills through practice, but none too creative, say anthropologist Thomas Wynn and psychologist Frederick L. Coolidge of the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs.
12. Credit Neanderthals with a couple of great ideas: They made spears by hafting stone points to wooden shafts, and bonding them with glue.
13. They threw those spears at bison and woolly rhinoceros, resulting in hunting injuries that would end the career of a linebacker.
14. Not that a maimed Neanderthal could afford to retire. Instead they nursed each other back to health, enlisting their greatest concept of all: empathy.
15. They also had medicine. Traces of chamomile and yarrow, two anti-inflammatories, have been detected in the plaque on Neanderthal teeth.
16. Or are these pungent traces of haute cuisine? Neanderthals balanced their carnivorous diets with vegetables roasted over smoky fires.
17. And they had a sense of style. Archaeologists have recovered a yellow pigment in southern Spain that may have been used as foundation for their skin.
18. Evidently Spain was the place to be if you were a Neanderthal with cultural pretensions. Last summer, paintings in El Castillo Cave on the Pas River were found to be at least 40,800 years old.
19. They were better painters than talkers. The anatomy of their vocal tracts would have prevented them from sounding some vowels.
20. In any case, we lost our chance at conversation, since they died out some 25,000 years ago. Their last refuge was Gibraltar, now a haven for tax evaders.
http://discovermagazine.com/2013/dec/22-20-things-you-didnt-know-aboutneanderthals#.UpOxpNLkt8E

This thread has been viewed 61150 times.

Back